Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 235133 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #3600 on: October 22, 2024, 01:27:11 PM »
You probably aren’t going to find a piece of cheap plywood.

Just checked Lowes. $24 for 3/8 4x8. Anyone know how that compares to lets say 6 months to a year ago?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3601 on: October 22, 2024, 03:38:46 PM »
Just checked Lowes. $24 for 3/8 4x8. Anyone know how that compares to lets say 6 months to a year ago?

I just picked up some exterior 3/4" plywood a couple of weeks ago at Home despot for I think $38. I distinctly remember paying in the $70-80 range for one during the covid.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3602 on: October 22, 2024, 03:44:01 PM »
I just picked up some exterior 3/4" plywood a couple of weeks ago at Home despot for I think $38. I distinctly remember paying in the $70-80 range for one during the covid.

Currently showing $36.38 for 0.703 https://www.lowes.com/pd/Plytanium-23-32-CAT-PS1-09-Square-Structural-Plywood-Pine-Application-as-4-x-8/1000068939
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

JN01

• friend
« Reply #3603 on: October 22, 2024, 08:44:43 PM »
Mexican government is holding hundreds of thousands of immigrants in towns just north of the Guatemalan border as part of a deal made with Biden back in December. They will be released after the election.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nYAd1PkSXvs