Author Topic: This Shows Proof Of Creation  (Read 1858 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: This Shows Proof Of Creation
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2023, 02:03:35 PM »
I am a Christian.  I am not what someone would call a creationist. 

The only "theory" of Bible interpretation of these matters that I have ever found to make sense is the worldview theory.

Basically, people that wrote the Bible did not know or care about science (since it did not actually exist at the time) and the Bible was written from that point of view.  There is no science to be found in the Bible. There is, however history- but once again, it is written using the language and worldview of ancient peoples, which is quite different from ours.

There are many things in the Bible that are baffling to us (such as the days of creation) that would make perfect sense to the intended audience of these books.

Because, in fact, these books were not written with us as the intended audience.

If you are interested, Carol Hill wrote a book about these issues which is quite illuminating.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/46043079-a-worldview-approach-to-science-and-scripture

I will say that, despite the fact that I am an evolutionist, I do think the young earth creationists are probably close to being correct about the their dating of Adam in the book of Genesis... the story of Adam and Eve starts to make sense once you realize that it is the story of the beginnings of human civilization in Mesopotamia (the end of the stone age, and the beginning of the bronze age, with the creation of agriculture, herding and metal working) rather than the story of the first humans on earth.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2023, 03:17:26 PM »
 I'm Christian, but I'm also an anarchist. Every Church I've been to so far has made it clear that they don't really want me to be part of their group.
 The Bible is quite useful for many things, especially understanding human beings "the wicked flee when no one pursues"
That was true thousands of years ago and will always be true.

I doubt the modern timeline of human history, I remember the sixties, getting into lots of arguments with teachers telling me that the Vikings were never in north America. I was actually punished and sent to the principals office for my heresy - which is now scientific fact.
I'm willing to bet ancient mankind were all over the place and some were far more advanced than others .
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2023, 03:47:21 PM »
I'm Christian, but I'm also an anarchist. Every Church I've been to so far has made it clear that they don't really want me to be part of their group.
 The Bible is quite useful for many things, especially understanding human beings "the wicked flee when no one pursues"
That was true thousands of years ago and will always be true.

I doubt the modern timeline of human history, I remember the sixties, getting into lots of arguments with teachers telling me that the Vikings were never in north America. I was actually punished and sent to the principals office for my heresy - which is now scientific fact.
I'm willing to bet ancient mankind were all over the place and some were far more advanced than others .

Especially if the aliens helped them.   >:D

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2023, 07:26:57 PM »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2023, 11:13:21 AM »
. . . I'm willing to bet ancient mankind were all over the place and some were far more advanced than others .
That's true today - some groups have electricity, indoor plumbing, and a space program, some groups are still living in mud huts.

As for the past - there are things that are baffling historians and archaeologists today, but overall I think we underestimate the capabilities of the ancients; IMHO they accomplished some impressive stuff without alien help.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2023, 11:22:31 AM »
Can anyone get the notion that there may have been many MiniBangs along the way, each creating a new galaxy, mayhaps a new miniUniverse?

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2023, 11:25:30 AM »
I'm a bad christian, but I believe, just don't get to church. One day some of us will probably find out that god is a time travelling alien. Genesis and evolution make perfect sense to me also.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2023, 11:37:34 AM »
I'm a bad christian, but I believe, just don't get to church. One day some of us will probably find out that god is a time travelling alien. Genesis and evolution make perfect sense to me also.

God is a dolphin. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be infringed.
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2023, 11:40:35 AM »

=D =D =D =D

Can anyone get the notion that there may have been many MiniBangs along the way, each creating a new galaxy, mayhaps a new miniUniverse? Our galaxies are constantly (if slowly, in our time terms) coalescing and it's known that many have a black hole at their centers.  Some may be getting ready to "let go."  I call this The Little Pop Theory.

Terry, 230RN

There are all kinds of "classes" of stars, our Sun is just one type.  Maybe there are classes of erupting black holes, and we've only examined our "one" type.

In the Beginning was the Word.  And the Word was Bang(1).  <snip> And He created all the creatures of the earth on Bang(6).   Then He rested.

=D

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 12:49:17 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2023, 02:04:45 PM »
God is a dolphin.
ergo, dolphins are time traveling aliens.
Sounds about right.
7-11 was a part time job.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2023, 03:47:02 PM »
ergo, dolphins are time traveling aliens.
Sounds about right.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2023, 07:27:31 AM »
Ancient surprising objects...

Here's an example of a complex mechanical analog computer, possibly built earlier than 87 BC.

(The) Antikythera mechanism .... is an Ancient Greek hand-powered orrery, described as the oldest known example of an analogue computer[1][2][3] used to predict astronomical positions and eclipses decades in advance.[4][5][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

-----------------

Then there's the possible electroplating "Baghdad Battery" from the Parthian (150 BC – 223 AD) (or)  Sasanian (224–650 AD) empires. Its purpose in electroplating is arguable because there is no electroplated object known from this period. So the claims are nearly universally rejected by archaeologists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery

But perhaps it was a unique experiment by an individual technician. 

I speculate with amusement that if in a thousand years, fragments of Michael Faraday's first generator (mid-1800s AD) were found, it would be claimed that it couldn't be a generator because there are no  generators known from that period. Thus the claims would be universally rejected by those future archaeologists.

That thought gave me a giggle.

Terry, 230RN

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2023, 08:56:24 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/@IsGenesisHistory

I like this YouTube channel.  From what I have seen, they work from the assumption that the Bible is correct and look at how the geological and archaeological record support that scenario.  Looking at things from a completely different perspective than most stuff we hear about.  A lot of things are a lot more plausible than one would think. 

« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 10:24:53 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2023, 09:11:58 AM »
I once got in to an internet search for the origin of the universe, the gobbledeegook  stuff science promulgates is probably designed to be  confusing to people with less than academic vocabularies.
   Let me get real sciency for you guys.
In the beginning there was nothing, nothing blew up and created everything.
   I do not understand why they let people get on planes with nothing in their pockets!

Now you've done it.

The TSA and the BATFE will now ban nothing, just like they did shoelaces.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2023, 10:20:55 AM »
Ancient surprising objects...

Here's an example of a complex mechanical analog computer, possibly built earlier than 87 BC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

-----------------

Then there's the possible electroplating "Baghdad Battery" from the Parthian (150 BC – 223 AD) (or)  Sasanian (224–650 AD) empires. Its purpose in electroplating is arguable because there is no electroplated object known from this period. So the claims are nearly universally rejected by archaeologists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery

But perhaps it was a unique experiment by an individual technician. 

I speculate with amusement that if in a thousand years, fragments of Michael Faraday's first generator (mid-1800s AD) were found, it would be claimed that it couldn't be a generator because there are no  generators known from that period. Thus the claims would be universally rejected by those future archaeologists.

That thought gave me a giggle.

Terry, 230RN

I got a chuckle out of it too. I could see those ancient "batteries" as being a cure for ancient ED.  :rofl:

That said, no, I will not test my hypothesis.  :old:

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

HankB

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2023, 11:00:43 AM »
. . . But perhaps it was a unique experiment by an individual technician. . . .
Hero's aeolipile is a steam turbine dating back to 50 AD - and it may have had it's origin nearly a century earlier.

As constructed it wasn't much more than a toy or novelty, but if someone had tried to harness the motion, perhaps steam power would have come about sooner. Much sooner. Sadly - it didn't.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2023, 11:17:19 AM »
but if someone had tried to harness the motion, perhaps steam power would have come about sooner. Much sooner. Sadly - it didn't.

[tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
That's what they want you to believe.
 [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2023, 01:54:32 PM »
"but if someone had tried to harness the motion, perhaps steam power would have come about sooner."

How do you think the aliens got here?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2023, 02:29:10 PM »
I got a chuckle out of it too. I could see those ancient "batteries" as being a cure for ancient ED.  :rofl:

That said, no, I will not test my hypothesis.  :old:

Woody

When one's post and handle collide.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2023, 08:21:39 AM »
What amazes me sometimes is the metalworking / machining / designing / arithmetic  required to produce some of these artifacts.

Even later, the mid-1800s, take a look at "the first" "computer," Charles Babbage's Difference Engine.  Not exactly an "individual technician" effort, but an enormous project spurred on by that technician and actually partially built:

A nod to the ladies:  He was greatly aided in the mathematics of it by Lady Lovelace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Lovelace

(No cheap-assed sophomoric remarks about Linda Lovelace, please.)

Terry, 230RN

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2023, 12:05:06 PM »
Judging by what I have heard of the astronomical arithmetic and architecture, I would say at least some of them obviously had the math skills to design machines to do things.  Manually making gears and such had to be a challenge.  I figure that is why monks and priests were often the people to do that sort of thing as they had the time to do it rather than farming. 

I have heard of there were a lot of ancient clocks of different types made that had plenty of precision (all over the world).  I guess the problem is that many times the knowledge died with the maker. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

10 Ring

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2023, 09:12:24 PM »
I can't even begin to fathom how you arrived at that conclusion but.... sure. Why not.

But, my interpretation is that the Bible is also wrong on its dating.

The universe is only 3 weeks old.

Everything we think we know, everything we think we remember? Implanted memories. From aliens.

This is more likely to be true than an omnipotent sky daddy poofing all of existence into being with a hand wave.

I'm also very confused on how OP came to that conclusion based on new scientific evidence that only shows us how limited our ability to see across the universe really is.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2023, 09:53:37 PM »
This is more likely to be true than an omnipotent sky daddy poofing all of existence into being with a hand wave.

How so?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2023, 09:59:02 PM »
It surprised me in this enlightened age that they made fun of Barry's speech impediment.  Admittedly he was a character made to be unlikeable, and they made fun of everybody, but I thought that would be to un-PC for the time.

He didn't seem the least bit embarrassed about it, and I thought the whole point of his character was to show that even the guy with the speech impediment was cooler and more self-assured than the main characters were.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2023, 07:49:50 AM »
I don't think they'd be able to make the kind of jokes about Raj in this environment. Fortunately they closed down the series just before woke REALLY kicked off.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.