Author Topic: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!  (Read 17911 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2023, 10:03:35 AM »
I think this is because our fed.gov is currently doing its very best to discourage and even prevent resource extraction.
Quite correct. Recent attempts to turn this around and resume mining seem to have generated more paperwork than mineral resources. Makes you wonder how much money the CCP is funneling into the hands of the environmental bureaucracy or other useful idiots.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2023, 10:06:16 AM »
The TV segment I saw wasn't even about mining within a country's own territory. It was control of the resource globally. China seems to have a lock on lithium, cobalt, and the rare earths in Africa and elsewhere.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2023, 10:10:44 AM »
IF sodium and/or silica or similar batteries work out the lithium market will crash hard. Note the if
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2023, 10:22:43 AM »
IF sodium and/or silica or similar batteries work out the lithium market will crash hard. Note the if

It'll have to be on the scale of something like matches wiping out rubbing two sticks together to start a fire.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2023, 11:13:44 AM »
Seems to me California is missing a huge opportunity here.  It's time to re-establish Tulare lake.  Turn it into a reservoir and be a good custodian of its drainage and capacities.  If Tulare lake used to be the largest fresh water body west of the Mississippi and existed naturally, what numb *expletive deleted*ck decided to drain it, then turn it into farmland, and irrigate it from a sandstone riverbed 200 miles away (Lakes Mead and Havasu and the Colorado River)?
Even if they didn't turn the entire area into a reservoir, it ought to occur to someone that digging a big reservoir out of part of the area would go a long way to solving their water problems.  I would think Arizona and Nevada would start making that point very loud and clear considering their water shortages. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2023, 11:42:58 AM »
Even if they didn't turn the entire area into a reservoir, it ought to occur to someone that digging a big reservoir out of part of the area would go a long way to solving their water problems. 

Dams and reservoirs DID occur to many people, including Old Man Governor Brown and also Gov Brown JR during both his terms. These guys were big democrats and they still got kiboshed by the enviros, hippies, Sierra Club, etc.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2023, 12:55:22 PM »
Dams and reservoirs DID occur to many people, including Old Man Governor Brown and also Gov Brown JR during both his terms. These guys were big democrats and they still got kiboshed by the enviros, hippies, Sierra Club, etc.

And the current government in California would never allow it.  They are actively aiding and abetting water shortages.  It's a method of control.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2023, 07:28:26 PM »
In case you didn't get the memo

We choked on our own air today.

We wiped soot off our countertops.

We rushed our children to ERs and cancelled picnics and called up morgues to cart off our dead.

Welcome to the future. pic.twitter.com/hJpCxPYbcT

— Climate Defiance (@ClimateDefiance) June 8, 2023
Climate Defiance reminds us how we called up morgues to cart off our dead yesterday
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/06/08/climate-defiance-reminds-us-how-we-called-up-morgues-to-cart-off-our-dead-yesterday/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2023, 11:48:28 PM »
 New England's "Dark Day." May 19, 1780
The History Guy posted this only a couple weeks ago.
https://youtu.be/EPQz9FpdOrw

On May 19, 1780, Historian Thomas Campanella explains, “A preternatural gloom settled upon the New England landscape, and by noon the sun had been all but blotted from the sky.” New England’s “Dark Day”  was read as an omen, even, perhaps, as the biblical end of days.  But the question has persisted for nearly two and a half centuries- what could have blotted out the Sun?

This may have happened before!!?  The hell you say!   :O
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2023, 07:12:39 AM »
Remember the plans they starting hatching in the 70s to warm the earth because we were all going to freeze to death.

EXCLUSIVE: Is THIS the solution to global warming? Scientist claims we should MOVE the Earth away from the sun - here's how his wacky idea could really work
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12165975/Is-solution-global-warming-Scientist-claims-Earth-away-sun.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2023, 04:42:44 AM »
Related

The US is among the cleanest. "Shocking" I know.

World's most polluted countries REVEALED - and the worst might surprise you…
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12144455/Worlds-polluted-countries-REVEALED-worst-surprise-you.html

Those maps aren't very significant to me.  They're mixing / allowing too many variables into the results, including level of medical care and population density and household air conditioning (or lack thereof) and who knows what the hell else.

Greeenland should not be a surprise.  If you have a population of two, and one dies of particulate damage (like powdered snow), voila!, you have a 50% death rate.  I'm not really just joking here, but presenting an example of possibilities for statistical hokeyage. (I just now invented that word.)

What I do see is "hot and dry" = 'high particulate levels," and "hot and dry" = "equatorial-temperate regions."  The Sahara, I am told, is a terrific generator of dust pollution in the region.

Terry, 230RN
"Actually, you're much safer with me with a gun than you are with me without a gun."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 05:05:38 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2023, 09:34:15 AM »
Remember the plans they starting hatching in the 70s to warm the earth because we were all going to freeze to death.

EXCLUSIVE: Is THIS the solution to global warming? Scientist claims we should MOVE the Earth away from the sun - here's how his wacky idea could really work
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12165975/Is-solution-global-warming-Scientist-claims-Earth-away-sun.html
I remember an old SciFi short story like that.  Seems like this is not a global warming solution.  This is a "the sun is expanding" solution a good ways into the future.  We have a little time to think about it.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2023, 10:32:38 AM »
The TV segment I saw wasn't even about mining within a country's own territory. It was control of the resource globally. China seems to have a lock on lithium, cobalt, and the rare earths in Africa and elsewhere.

In case you want to know where a lot of China's lithium is going
It's sitting in fields of abandoned EVs

China is Throwing Away Fields of Electric Cars - Letting them Rot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SEfwoqKRU8
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2023, 12:39:06 PM »
In case you want to know where a lot of China's lithium is going
It's sitting in fields of abandoned EVs

China is Throwing Away Fields of Electric Cars - Letting them Rot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SEfwoqKRU8
I want to guess the reason was someone was told to make them and was never told to stop regardless of whether or not someone wanted them.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2023, 12:40:28 PM »
I have heard that Tesla just throws their spent Lithium batteries into a pit due to the cost of recycling. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2023, 05:26:08 PM »
MSM is reporting we just had the hottest day ever in history
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2023, 11:50:41 AM »
Ep096 CO2 Benefits / Cranky Climate Deniers / Social Control -Kosmographia -Randall Carlson Podcast
The Randall Carlson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLy2mLOEQoU

Randall Carlson talks about the plant carbon cycle and studies showing the benefits of elevated CO2 to plant growth.  It is 2 hours, but might be good information if you haven't seen this info before. 

He also mentioned something that has come up before.  CO2's ability to trap heat declines significantly as the concentration goes up to the point that additional CO2 does not significantly increase trapped heat. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2023, 06:04:23 PM »
Meanwhile

BIDEN on CLIMATE CHANGE: "It's real! It's serious! We don't have a lot of time! It's the single greatest threat to humanity!" pic.twitter.com/mzHYePilO5
    — Townhall.com (@townhallcom) July 12, 2023

Totally Unreal and all for Optics, of course! A Spanish minister uses a private jet to attend the Climate conference. A few meters before the venue, she gets out of her limo and gets on a bicycle, as her security cars follow her. 🙄🤡

Channel: @JFK_TV pic.twitter.com/2NrxjbOpWo
    — Teagan1776🇺🇸 (@Teagan1776) July 12, 2023

Biden (who arrived on a 747 jet) is whisked away from the Helsinki airport in a motorcade spanning nearly two dozen vehicles (which were flown in on gigantic cargo planes).

Just hours ago, Biden called climate change "the single greatest threat to humanity." pic.twitter.com/uZBTL0EUL8
    — RNC Research (@RNCResearch) July 12, 2023
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/07/12/this-was-the-scene-after-biden-called-climate-change-the-greatest-threat-humanity-faces-n2385335
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 06:42:39 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2023, 09:52:24 AM »
A couple videos talking about wind turbine waste.

This video just shows a pile of wind generator blades dumped somewhere. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQicWEp9P-s

This video talks about recycling options.  Talks about a company trying to grind them down to make cement.  Not used in the cement, but to burn it. 
Another guy talks about reusing blades.  The pictures of the uses are laughable (after 6 minutes).  Seems like desparate, wishful thinking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knX7NkJILhs

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2023, 03:17:59 PM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2023, 09:44:57 AM »
Global warming has officially ended. As per the UN, we are now in GLOBAL BOILING!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/07/27/united-nations-chief-declares-era-of-global-warming-over-kindly-panic-at-the-replacement-term-n2385781
Said in July. 

I will make the bold prediction that average temperatures will get lower in the next 6 months (at least in the Northern Hemisphere).  I know it goes against the grain, but I am confident it will happen.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2023, 09:46:53 AM »
Said in July. 

I will make the bold prediction that average temperatures will get lower in the next 6 months (at least in the Northern Hemisphere).  I know it goes against the grain, but I am confident it will happen.

RACIST FASCIST SCIENCE DENIER!
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2023, 01:12:28 PM »
110 s quite normal for Phoenix this time of year but that doesn't stop the "WE"RE ALL GONNA DIE!"

An ominous sight has appeared in downtown Phoenix, where temperatures are expected to top 110°F for a 28th straight day — refrigerated containers designed to hold bodies. https://t.co/p5fCEZXLAe
    — NBC News (@NBCNews) July 27, 2023
Media spotted recycling Covid-era fear-mongering stories to spark heatwave panic
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/07/28/media-spotted-recycling-covid-era-fear-mongering-stories-to-spark-heatwave-panic-n2385802

- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2023, 02:43:13 PM »
 The best bet for being safe is getting your Climate Change Vaccine
Or, just telling people you had it already, I have natural immunity to climate change but I got the vaccine anyway, because I care about people
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2023, 02:44:42 PM »
The best bet for being safe is getting your Climate Change Vaccine
Or, just telling people you had it already, I have natural immunity to climate change but I got the vaccine anyway, because I care about people

But have you had your booster?
No?
You right wing MAGA extremist!
- Calvin and Hobbes