Author Topic: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!  (Read 17906 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2023, 06:26:41 AM »
The best bet for being safe is getting your Climate Change Vaccine
Or, just telling people you had it already, I have natural immunity to climate change but I got the vaccine anyway, because I care about people

Thanks for the laugh !

I will insinuate that into my next conversation on global warming (which is bound to happen with our usual July-August heat wave) and see who takes it seriously. 

=D

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2023, 11:06:09 AM »
There has been too much gloom lately. I'm ready for some doom. It won't happen, of course. Without the 'narrative', there will be nothing to keep us worrying, stocking up, and supporting AlGore's contrail generating climate destructive hypocritical travels.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2023, 11:43:44 AM »
Hope springs eternal

[
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2023, 11:55:30 AM »
Haven't you heard? Brandon cured Corn Pop asteroids.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2023, 12:00:01 PM »
Haven't you heard? Brandon cured killer asteroids too.

I thought he cured hemorrhoids, or was it he is a hemorrhoid, it's hard to keep up these days.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2023, 12:00:30 PM »
I thought he cured hemorrhoids, or was it he is a hemorrhoid, it's hard to keep up these days.

Darn it, you beat my edit.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2023, 03:46:16 PM »
If, as "Brandon" said, that he "cured cancer", why is he still around?  He's a "cancer" in this nation, as are most of the rest of "his kind".  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2023, 08:17:03 AM »
Remember this from February?

Lake Powell and Lake Mead are unlikely to refill for another 50 years - and would need SIX consecutive years of deadly atmospheric rivers to replenish
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11719667/Lake-Powell-Lake-Mead-unlikely-refill-50-years.html

"Experts" said 50 years
Meanwhile 6 months later

Incredible satellite images shows how previously-drought stricken Lake Powell has risen by FORTY-FOUR feet thanks to historic winter storms
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12375057/Incredible-satellite-images-shows-previously-drought-stricken-Lake-Mead-risen-FORTY-FOUR-feet-thanks-historic-winter-storms.html

Note: Headline says 44 feet but within the article
The elevation of the reservoir changed from 3520.81 feet to 3584.02 feet – about a 64-foot difference, according to the Lake Powell Water Database.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 01:12:24 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2023, 12:48:53 PM »
Global warming! Not in the US, but my cousin telegrammed me this morning that an area just 100KM from him and only 800 meters in elevation got hammered by hail. It looks like the middle of Winter in the region. In August. Some places got a half meter of hail in like an hour. Here's an English story on it.

https://www.euronews.com/2022/06/06/hailstones-pile-up-as-heavy-storms-hit-germany
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2023, 02:33:01 PM »
Global warming! Not in the US, but my cousin telegrammed me this morning that an area just 100KM from him and only 800 meters in elevation got hammered by hail. It looks like the middle of Winter in the region. In August. Some places got a half meter of hail in like an hour. Here's an English story on it.

https://www.euronews.com/2022/06/06/hailstones-pile-up-as-heavy-storms-hit-germany

Oh, the humanity !  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2023, 09:59:13 AM »

I believe it's the latter.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2023, 09:55:54 PM »
I believe it's the latter.

Woody

Nah, he's just a "P.I.T.A.".  :rofl:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2023, 09:34:18 AM »
Ep099 Idaho Floods / Carbon Conspiracy / Hurricanes Down - Kosmographia The Randall Carlson Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T14Xzfeltw

Longer podcast.  You know it has to be good since youtube put the UN Climate Change note on it.   =)
Hour and 40 minutes if you have the time to listen.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2023, 05:32:53 PM »
Use of fossil fuels violates the constitution.....or something  :O

A Montana judge has sided with youth activists who argued that state agencies’ use of fossil fuels and its impact on the environment violated their constitutional rights.

District Court Judge Kathy Seeley found the state’s policy used to evaluate requests for fossil fuel permits is unconstitutional because it does not force agencies to evaluate the effects of greenhouse gas emissions.

Judge Seeley wrote that "Montana's emissions and climate change have been proven to be a substantial factor in causing climate impacts to Montana's environment and harm and injury" to the youth.

"As fires rage in the West, fueled by fossil fuel pollution, today's ruling in Montana is a game-changer that marks a turning point in this generation's efforts to save the planet from the devastating effects of human-caused climate chaos," Olson said.

Montana judge sides with youth activists in landmark climate change case
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/montana-judge-sides-youth-activists-landmark-climate-change-case
- Calvin and Hobbes

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2023, 01:23:54 AM »
Seems to me there are factions in the U.S. dedicated to forcing us into Third World status. Their motivations are unclear to me.

Examine third world life expectancy, and systems of governing, and report back on motivation....

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2023, 10:11:40 AM »
Remember this from February?

Lake Powell and Lake Mead are unlikely to refill for another 50 years - and would need SIX consecutive years of deadly atmospheric rivers to replenish
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11719667/Lake-Powell-Lake-Mead-unlikely-refill-50-years.html

"Experts" said 50 years
Meanwhile 6 months later

Incredible satellite images shows how previously-drought stricken Lake Powell has risen by FORTY-FOUR feet thanks to historic winter storms
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12375057/Incredible-satellite-images-shows-previously-drought-stricken-Lake-Mead-risen-FORTY-FOUR-feet-thanks-historic-winter-storms.html

Note: Headline says 44 feet but within the article

It seems to me that is often the case with sciences that try to predict things or evaluate how often things have happened.  Over time, we learn that certain types of events happen more often than predicted, have happened more often in the past, and have happened more recently in the past. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2023, 10:13:46 AM »
Just saw a headline
July was the hottest month in history!

Then further down
Since 1880
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2023, 07:38:42 PM »
Babylon Bee BTW

California Drought Undeniable Evidence Of Climate Change - UPDATE: California Rain Undeniable Evidence Of Climate Change
https://babylonbee.com/news/california-drought-undeniable-evidence-of-climate-change---update-california-rain-undeniable-evidence-of-climate-change
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2023, 06:36:09 PM »
Here's Anton with yes the temp is increasing but we're still coming out of the last ice age, and yes it has been hotter in the past, and something is increasing atmospheric methane and it isn't us.
The enviros are going to give him hell over this

Uh Oh, Methane Evidence Suggests We Entered Ice Age Termination Event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72uza9JpT-I

Meanwhile YT feels the need to insert this

Climate change
United Nations
Climate change refers to long-term shifts in temperatures and weather patterns, mainly caused by human activities, especially the burning of fossil fuels.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2023, 08:56:49 AM »
OMG it's not suppose to rain in the desert. We're all gonna die!

Rain man! Burning Man is a washout with organizers forced to close the gate into the site for final weekend as torrential downpours turn usually bone dry desert into a slippery 'muddy paste'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12472715/burning-man-floods.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2023, 07:30:50 PM »
OMG it's not suppose to rain in the desert. We're all gonna die!

Rain man! Burning Man is a washout with organizers forced to close the gate into the site for final weekend as torrential downpours turn usually bone dry desert into a slippery 'muddy paste'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12472715/burning-man-floods.html

Now they're freezing 
I'm trying not to laugh....seriously I am
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Burning Man freezes! Revelers are catching HYPOTHERMIA and fleeing to local bars for warmth as torrential rain and biting winds cause havoc at Nevada hippie festival
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12473413/Burning-Man-freezes-Revelers-catching-HYPOTHERMIA-fleeing-local-bars-warmth-torrential-rain-biting-winds-cause-havoc-Nevada-hippie-festival.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2023, 07:41:09 PM »
fleeing to local bars for warmth as torrential rain and biting winds cause havoc at Nevada hippie festival

I'm cracking up at the bar picture, because it looks like three rural regulars are at the end of the bar and surrounded by smelly hippies.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2023, 11:10:42 AM »
As many of the comments mentioned, if you really believed there was only six years left for all of us to live, you're kinda wasting your last years going to college instead of spending time with loved ones.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QGvr9QpIhDE?feature=share

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2023, 04:27:18 PM »
Global Cooling Global warming Climate Change Climate Breakdown

U.N. chief already shifts from 'global boiling' to new term and the media's happy to help push it
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/09/06/un-chief-already-shifts-from-global-boiling-to-new-term-and-the-medias-happy-to-help-push-it-n2386911
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2023, 04:34:13 PM »
"The U.N. obviously knows they can count on the media to help push this without an ounce of skepticism"

The propaganda is settled.

"Hottest summer on record."

A teeny tiny little  voice from Colorado peeps up:

"Uhhh... how far back does your record go?"

The teeny tiny little voice from Colorado notices the scowls and slings of scamdalous outrage....

"Uh... never mind."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.