Author Topic: Pardon for killer of [s]peaceful protestor[/s] antifa terrorist  (Read 1112 times)

sumpnz

• friend
https://apnews.com/article/texas-governor-pardon-daniel-perry-fa7feeadf552fe01bd6394d13de4178d

TX governor asks pardon board to recommend pardon for Army sergeant and Uber driver convicted of murder for shooting and killing an AK wielding antifa terrorist in Austin.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Pardon for killer of [s]peaceful protestor[/s] antifa terrorist
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 10:17:44 PM »
And the AP made the article more about George Floyd than about Sergeant Perry.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 10:50:15 PM »
I can't find it but I saw one story on the trial that the DA/judge made the police delete a bunch of evidence.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 11:56:22 PM »
DA/judge needs their head on a (metaphorical I guess) pike if that’s true.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2023, 07:45:17 AM »
I can't find it but I saw one story on the trial that the DA/judge made the police delete a bunch of evidence.
I heard much the same . . . and that police originally determined this to be a justified self-defense shooting, but the DA and judge disagreed.

It's hard to make an informed decision about what actually was going on when all you have to rely on for information is the same news media that pushed Russia collusion, spiked all info about Hunter's laptop, said the Covington kids provoked a confrontation, and claimed Kyle Rittenhouse was a racist for shooting his white assailants.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2023, 09:34:25 AM »
This.

I can't figure out what actually happened.

Did the dead man actually point a rifle at the driver, or did the driver "think" he was going to do so in the future?

I have read very conflicting information about the case.

Good on the governor though.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2023, 11:04:26 AM »

Did the dead man actually point a rifle at the driver, or did the driver "think" he was going to do so in the future?

I remember seeing video showing him pointing the AK-47 at Perry. Haven't looked to see if it still up somewhere.

As a side note I notice most of the MSM is omitting any mention of the AK-47 and video, just saying that Perry shot a BLM protester.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2023, 12:26:39 PM »

As a side note I notice most of the MSM is omitting any mention of the AK-47 and video, just saying that Perry shot a BLM protester.

They might as well put that tactic in the style guide.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2023, 01:18:44 PM »
If he gets a pardon the left is going to hound this guy for the rest of his life
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2023, 03:03:37 PM »
If he gets a pardon the left is going to hound this guy for the rest of his life
Not necessarily . . . George Zimmerman seems to have fallen off their radar.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2023, 03:07:55 PM »

Displaced by Kyle Rittenhouse. And now that Kyle seems to be fading from the news cycle, the media need a new scapegoat.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2023, 05:14:00 PM »
Wasn't there some mention of Perry's social media postings that were "questionable"?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2023, 07:17:53 PM »

Displaced by Kyle Rittenhouse. And now that Kyle seems to be fading from the news cycle, the media need a new scapegoat.

Think a pardon of Perry would inflame the left way more than either Z's or RH's cases did.

Both Zimmerman and Rittenhouse were found not guilty by juries. Perry was found guilty by a jury and would be sitting in prison if not for that evil far right wing MAGA racist fascist governor if a pardon was issued.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 07:42:31 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2023, 08:54:26 PM »
Wasn't there some mention of Perry's social media postings that were "questionable"?

Yes.
The testimony confirming Perry's anger toward protesters came on the third day of the trial as prosecutors displayed text messages and social media comments showing that he thought about killing them. "I might have to kill a few people on my way to work, they are rioting outside my apartment complex," Perry wrote to a friend in June of 2020. "I might go to Dallas to shoot looters," he wrote on another occasion. Perry also encouraged violence in a variety of social media posts.

In addition, Perry speculated about how he might get away with such a killing – by claiming self-defense, as he is now doing. Prosecutors presented a Facebook Messen­ger chat between Perry and a friend, Michael Holcomb, which occurred two weeks before he shot Foster. In it, Perry argued that shooting protesters was legal if it was in self-defense. Holcomb, who was called to the stand Wednesday afternoon, seemed to try to talk Perry down. "Aren't you a CDL holder too?" he asked, referring to the men's licenses to carry concealed handguns. "We went through the same training ... Shooting after creating an event where you have to shoot, is not a good shoot."

I seem to recall their being some question on the video if the dead guy just HAD an AK, or aimed it, but like everyone else I'm having a hard time finding the video now.

(Also, assume the newspaper I linked to is biased towards a guilty verdict,  they are from Austin. But a quote is a quote)

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2023, 09:17:17 PM »
I'll grab a link the next time I see one but I have seen the photo with the AK on his shoulder pointed a little down. By a little I mean it was not pointed at his head but standing outside the car made it pointed at his chest. It was not pointed at the ground. I would have shot.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2023, 09:28:16 PM »
We talked about it here when it happened

https://armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=62627.msg1264138#msg1264138

I don't have enough details on this one to make a reasonable guess on good or bad shoot myself.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2023, 07:19:38 PM »
Think a pardon of Perry would inflame the left way more than either Z's or RH's cases did.

Both Zimmerman and Rittenhouse were found not guilty by juries. Perry was found guilty by a jury and would be sitting in prison if not for that evil far right wing MAGA racist fascist governor if a pardon was issued.

Case in point

I am working as swiftly as Texas law allows regarding the pardon of Sgt. Perry. pic.twitter.com/HydwdzneMU

— Greg Abbott (@GregAbbott_TX) April 8, 2023

This is the Governor of Texas endorsing the murdering of Black people. https://t.co/nkkbNlqdDh

— Kurt Bardella (@kurtbardella) April 8, 2023

Hot take: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott endorses the murder of black people
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/04/10/hot-take-texas-gov-greg-abbott-endorses-the-murder-of-black-people/

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2023, 09:12:12 PM »
I'll dust off this old thing.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2023, 08:57:08 AM »
This photo is in that twitchy link.  This is the picture I have seen people pulling up that supposedly shows him pointing the AK.  It may not be pointed directly at the guy in this photo, but that is pretty close.  I think I would see it as a threat if someone walked up to my car holding a rifle like that.  I would be thinking car jacking or robbery. 
I have heard there is cell phone video, but I haven't gone looking for it.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2023, 09:59:51 AM »
Thanks for posting.

Based on the picture, I can't blame the guy in the car for popping the man with the rifle. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2023, 10:12:02 AM »
So this post will either show that I was clueless since this happened, or that I succumbed to MSM / social media influence, or some combination thereof. I could have sworn that the AK guy was black.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2023, 10:28:00 AM »
So this post will either show that I was clueless since this happened, or that I succumbed to MSM / social media influence, or some combination thereof. I could have sworn that the AK guy was black.

Just like all of the peaceful protestors Rittenhouse murdered.
And the 12 year old Zimmerman hunted down and murdered
Hands up, don't shoot.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2023, 10:39:45 AM »
I have stared at that pic for a long time, and I can not tell if the dead guy is even at the front or rear door of that car.  Is the AK pointed, at low ready, or being held muzzle pointed at the pavement?

I sure hope the jury got to see more than just that to make up their minds.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2023, 10:44:49 AM »
I'm wondering if the jury even saw those photos.

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2023, 10:45:46 AM »
I have stared at that pic for a long time, and I can not tell if the dead guy is even at the front or rear door of that car.  Is the AK pointed, at low ready, or being held muzzle pointed at the pavement?

I sure hope the jury got to see more than just that to make up their minds.
The only thing I heard for certain is that the grand jury was not shown a lot of the video/photos.  I don't know what the trial jury was allowed to see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge