Author Topic: Gun shots at Trump rally  (Read 18749 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Gun shots at Trump rally
« Reply #650 on: July 26, 2024, 08:40:36 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #651 on: July 26, 2024, 08:53:34 PM »
Think SS will have someone on that roof or is it still too slopey?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #652 on: July 26, 2024, 08:54:50 PM »
 I Just Left The Trump Assassination Site | The TRUTH Is Far Worse Than You Can Possibly Imagine...
Benny Johnson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7A8SpVWsLM

I had this on this morning.  Benny was talking about the sniper team that was supposed to be in the building.  He mentioned a few things that may be in other articles.  I will have to keep an eye out.

1.  The SS were offered use of a drone by local PD, but declined.  There was a claim Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas forbid the use of drones.  I would like to see some specifics and proof of that last part.  Seems like an odd thing to do.
2.  Said there were supposed to be 3 people in the team in the building.  One was allowed to leave early for some reason. 
3.  Of the two in the building, they were looking at the shooter earlier, but he left.  One agent left the building to try to keep track of him. 
4.  A few minutes later, the same agent couldn't get back in the building as his card/code didn't work.  Last agent went to help.  Shots heard while he was away from the window. 
5.  Benny showed the overhead shots to point out the shooter positioned himself on the building where the other sniper teams would have trouble seeing him (trees blocking view). 

These events need to be corroborated.  Seems like some serious stupidity to leave the overlook position uncovered either to pursue the shooter or let the other guy back in.  There should be other people on the ground to do that.
Also occurs to me that someone in position to do so could arrange things like this to leave a hole in their security.  Need better proof to take that any further.

It also makes me wonder how good the security has been around Trump in previous events.  Are his normal Secret Service guys better and don't do this?  Was the coverage sloppy every time the back up team was involved?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #653 on: July 26, 2024, 08:56:38 PM »
Think SS will have someone on that roof or is it still too slopey?

I imagine that will be covered along with the water tower.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #654 on: July 26, 2024, 09:09:31 PM »

1.  The SS were offered use of a drone by local PD, but declined.  There was a claim Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas forbid the use of drones.  I would like to see some specifics and proof of that last part.  Seems like an odd thing to do.

Whether the above is true or not, I just checked his bio. There is zero evidence that he is experienced or qualified in any way to assess drone use in a tactical environment.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #655 on: July 26, 2024, 10:25:55 PM »
Whether he was grazed by a bullet or hit by shrapnel is IMHO a distinction without a difference.  The gunman fired 8 shots and Trump was hit.  They want to expend a bunch of energy and resources on something that doesn't matter so they can avoid investigating anything meaningful.

^^^ This.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #656 on: July 26, 2024, 10:50:41 PM »
 Breakdown: New Bodycam Footage Of Police On Top Of Trump Shooter's Roof!
Mrgunsngear Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU2zrO8xXss

Mrgunsngear put another video with info on the shooting so far.  He says the red dot is a Holosun and has one to show.  Talked about bodycam footage and other stuff. 

https://rumble.com/v58llb0-new-police-bodycam-footage-from-the-trump-shooters-roof-position.html
Rumble link if needed.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #657 on: July 27, 2024, 07:58:38 AM »
They're saying that Doofy used a red dot sight?

What sort of moron would do that in that scenario?

Prediction: A call to ban red dot sights
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #658 on: July 27, 2024, 09:01:53 AM »
They're saying that Doofy used a red dot sight?

What sort of moron would do that in that scenario?

Prediction: A call to ban red dot sights

Yes, IDed it back in #638 as a Holosun AEMS

A good red dot zeroed properly is fine at that range plus the pics are fizzy he may have had a magnifier on the rifle.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #659 on: July 27, 2024, 02:26:44 PM »
Yes, IDed it back in #638 as a Holosun AEMS

A good red dot zeroed properly is fine at that range plus the pics are fizzy he may have had a magnifier on the rifle.

Plus he fired [at least] eight shots. He only needed one of them to be lucky (from his perspective, not from Trump's).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #660 on: July 27, 2024, 04:38:26 PM »
EXCLUSIVE: 11 Findings From The FBI's Investigation Into The Trump Shooting
https://babylonbee.com/news/exclusive-12-findings-from-the-fbis-investigation-into-the-trump-shooting
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #661 on: July 28, 2024, 04:46:17 PM »
Oh Google - never stop being you.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #662 on: July 28, 2024, 04:51:03 PM »
I was just looking at an X thread on that and in the comments people were showing screen shots of other searches where it was pretty obvious google was trying to direct them away from Trump.

Speaking of Google, any one seen any ads on youtube for Trump? Harris ones are coming up constantly.
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #663 on: July 28, 2024, 04:52:38 PM »
When I asked Gemini about it, I got:

why is google search manipulating search results on the trump assassination attempt?

I can't help with responses on elections and political figures right now. While I would never deliberately share something that's inaccurate, I can make mistakes. So, while I work on improving, you can try Google Search.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #664 on: July 28, 2024, 04:58:46 PM »
When I asked Gemini about it, I got:

You just have to use the right terms, didn't you know? Google is very specific these days!

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump

bob

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #665 on: July 28, 2024, 05:58:46 PM »
I was just looking at an X thread on that and in the comments people were showing screen shots of other searches where it was pretty obvious google was trying to direct them away from Trump.

Speaking of Google, any one seen any ads on youtube for Trump? Harris ones are coming up constantly.

I do get Trump ads on YouTube. Probably 1/3 vs 2/3 for Harris.
Formerly sumpnz

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #666 on: July 28, 2024, 06:02:01 PM »
I do get Trump ads on YouTube. Probably 1/3 vs 2/3 for Harris.

Okay, haven't spend that much time on YT lately so maybe I haven't seen one yet
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #667 on: July 28, 2024, 06:03:36 PM »
The only place that I get youtube ads is on my TV, and I haven't gotten a political ad of any kind from anyone, either on the youtube tv or regular youtube.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #669 on: July 28, 2024, 08:34:47 PM »
It's AI, you can't believe it. I got this from Meta AI at 1730 on 7/28

tell me about the assassination attempt on Trump

Former US President Donald Trump was shot during a campaign rally in Pennsylvania on July 13, 2024. Trump, who was shot in the ear, was immediately taken for treatment at a local hospital and released later that day in stable condition. One attendee was killed and two others were injured, but survived. The shooter, later identified as Thomas Matthew Crooks, was shot and killed by the United States Secret Service shortly after the incident occurred. Investigations remain ongoing.

Tell me about Kamala Harris's campaign for President 2024

Kamala Harris, the current Vice President of the United States, has not officially announced a campaign for President in 2024. However, there has been speculation about her potential candidacy.
In the 2020 presidential election, Harris did launch a campaign for the Democratic nomination but suspended her campaign in December 2019 due to financial difficulties and low polling numbers.
If President Joe Biden decides not to seek re-election in 2024, Harris is considered a potential contender for the Democratic nomination. However, she has not made any official announcements or taken any formal steps towards launching a campaign.
It's important to note that the 2024 presidential election is still over a year away, and the field of candidates for both parties has not yet taken shape.

ChatGPT gave me answers and Google AI doesn't touch political at this time.

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #670 on: July 29, 2024, 10:02:24 AM »
Google responds

https://x.com/Google_Comms/status/1817645183015567528
Google Communications
@Google_Comms
There was no manual action taken. Our systems have protections against Autocomplete predictions associated with political violence, which were working as intended prior to this horrific event. We’re working on improvements to ensure our systems are more up to date. Of course, Autocomplete is just a tool to help people save time, and they can still search for anything they want to. Following this terrible act, people turned to Google to find high-quality information – we connected them with helpful results, and will continue to do so.
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #672 on: July 29, 2024, 02:32:05 PM »
And Facebook is now labeling this as an "altered photo":

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/07/29/big-techs-efforts-to-make-attempted-trump-assassination-go-away-continue-facebook-trump-pic-n2399001

I could be misremembering it, but the flag may have been less prominent in the original; just half the flag with stripes visible and not the field.  But if that image was altered, they did a really good job of it, and also did not alter the meaning or symbolism.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #673 on: July 29, 2024, 02:35:24 PM »
Posted July 13 on page 1
Looks the same to me

« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 02:53:55 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #674 on: July 29, 2024, 02:53:18 PM »
I could be misremembering it, but the flag may have been less prominent in the original; just half the flag with stripes visible and not the field.  But if that image was altered, they did a really good job of it, and also did not alter the meaning or symbolism.

IMO, Facebook (and the rest of big tech) is pulling the disingenuous game and playing in disinformation territory. What's an altered photo? It could just be lighter or darker than the original. It could be slightly color enhanced. It could be cropped simply to remove non-sequitur distractions without changing the meaning.

These are all alterations, but of course (again, IMO) what they are doing is pushing "altered" to mean "altered to change what the original represents". That's the conclusion most people will jump to when they see "altered".