Author Topic: Fresh from a closed thread on The High Road  (Read 9682 times)

yesitsloaded

• friends
Fresh from a closed thread on The High Road
« on: October 17, 2007, 06:29:15 PM »
Mexican military, U.S. police have border standoff in Texas
'Bad guys in 3 vehicles set up mounted machine guns'
Posted: October 17, 2007
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=58196

Mexican soldiers and civilian smugglers engaged in an armed standoff with nearly 30 American law enforcement officials on the southern U.S. border, according to Texas police and the FBI.

At a spot more than 200 yards inside the U.S., Mexican Army troops set up several mounted machine guns when U.S. Border Patrol agents called for backup Monday, the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin of Ontario, Calif., reported.

The paper said Mexican military Humvees were towing what appeared to be thousands of pounds of marijuana across the border into the U.S., according to Chief Deputy Mike Doyal of the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Department.

The incident took place on the Rio Grande near Neely's Crossing, about 50 miles east of El Paso.

"It's been so bred into everyone not to start an international incident with Mexico that it's been going on for years," Doyal told the Daily Bulletin. "When you're up against mounted machine guns, what can you do? Who wants to pull the trigger first? Certainly not us."

Confirming the afternoon encounter, FBI spokeswoman Andrea Simmons told the paper, "Bad guys in three vehicles ended up on the border. People with Humvees, who appeared to be with the Mexican Army, were involved with the three vehicles in getting them back across."

Deputies captured one vehicle and found 1,477 pounds of marijuana inside, according to Doyal, who added Mexican soldiers set fire to one of the Humvees stuck in the river.

Such incidents are common, Doyal told the Daily Bulletin. Last November, his deputies were called on to back up agents from the Fort Hancock border patrol station in Texas after confronting more than six fully armed men dressed in Mexican military uniforms.

Armed with machine guns, the men were trying to bring more than three tons of marijuana across the border in military vehicles.

Doyal insisted the federal government must do something about the incursions, pointing out the deputies and border agents are not equipped for combat.

But Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff today played down the reports of Mexican military incursions, suggesting many could have been mistakes or criminals dressed in military garb. Last week, Mexican officials denied their military made any incursions.

The Daily Bulletin reported, however, border agents interviewed over the past year believe the confrontations were with Mexican military personnel.

A story by the paper last year highlighted a Department of Homeland Security document reporting 216 incursions by Mexican soldiers during the previous 10 years.

Chertoff downplayed the reports at that time, as well, calling them "overblown."

But border agents contend otherwise.

"We're sitting ducks," said one who spoke to the Daily Bulletin on condition of anonymity. "The government has our hands tied."

As WND reported in February 2006, an American law enforcement officer and news crew in Hudspeth County, Texas, witnessed an armed incursion into the U.S. by men dressed in Mexican army attire, the second such incident in two weeks.

Mexican officials have said their military is forbidden from traveling within three miles of the border, though U.S. border residents repeatedly have spotted mobile patrols of Mexican military units traversing roads that run directly parallel to the international boundary. Mexico says the armed men crossing into the U.S. are paramilitary forces loyal to drug-smuggling cartels.

Republican Reps. Duncan Hunter and David Drier of California last week asked Chertoff, the House Judiciary Committee, the House Homeland Security Committee and the House International Relations Committee to investigate the incursions.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Fresh from a closed thread on The High Road
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 07:44:03 PM »
I lived in Arizona until I enlisted, and still have lots of friends there. I worked with Chris Simcox (the guy who started the Minutemen) back in the day when it was "Civil Homeland defense." The Border is a cesspool. Uniformed Mexican military regularly cross into our territory and fire on private citizens and BP's.

If the liberals are so worked up about us violating Iraq's sovereignity, why don't they want to protect ours? If the Republicans want to protect the border, why do they let a foreign nation send it's military over the border and attack .gov agents?

I couldn't care less about Iraq, I really couldn't. All I want is smaller fed.gov, less gun control, and border security. Too bad none of that'll happen. sad
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 07:46:43 PM »
Armed incursion across our border? And they didn't send in A-10s...why?

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »
Maybe Worldnetdaily is selling a hyped up story, and the head of Homeland security is telling the truth when he says these reports are "overblown."  That's a possibility too, and would explain why the A-10's weren't sent in.

I like the southwest down near the border.  It's a pleasing desert drive, and the only uniforms I ever see are Border Patrol checking for non-citizens on the highways. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 08:02:57 PM »
Armed incursion across our border? And they didn't send in A-10s...why?

This happens literally every week, if not every day. If you've never lived there, or talked with the people who do you have no idea how bad it is. Mexican military (MM) = drug runners. A friend has actually had uniformed MM personnel on our side of the border point rifles at him.

Hell, it wasn't so long ago a US citizen was kidnapped by uniformed MM with FALs. Now where are those pictures........
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 08:21:03 PM »
Hell, it wasn't so long ago a US citizen was kidnapped by uniformed MM with FALs. Now where are those pictures........

Any source for that? Articles?

What do you think the US government's motivation is for covering up assaults by Mexican troops?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 09:06:05 PM »
What do you think the US government's motivation is for covering up assaults by Mexican troops?

Yeah, why would it do that?  A real puzzlement, that one. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 11:56:23 PM »
[sarcasm] I thought Borders was a book shop. [/sarcasm]
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 03:06:22 AM »
Now this reeks of conspiracy a lot more than any of the other recent "conspiracy theories"
Wtf is going on?
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 03:07:53 AM »

The same motivations that keep them from rounding up and shooting or deporting illegal aliens.  Its some kind of Bavarian Illuminati conspiracy.
but seriously, why won't the politicians get tough on illegal immigration?  Where is the incentive to keep 12 million illegals here?  Is it votes from the legal hispanic population?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Joe Demko

• friend
  • Marko Kloos was right about you.
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 04:12:06 AM »
Another reason no A-10's were called in: Neither the BP nor Sheriff's Office have A-10's.  None of the BP agents or Deputies are in radio contact with the Air Force (who isn't, incidentally, providing any air support anyway).
Based on my experience living in Laredo TX for several years, I'm willing to believe any amount of corruption and illegal activity on the part of the Mexican government and their military.  Like others here, though, I am puzzled as to why the US government would want to cover up such incursions.
That's right... I'm a Jackbooted Thug AND a Juvenile Indoctrination Technician.  Deal with it.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 04:33:51 AM »
Like others here, though, I am puzzled as to why the US government would want to cover up such incursions.

Its simple really. If the government acknowledges it they might be expected to actually do something about it.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 04:41:30 AM »
Like others here, though, I am puzzled as to why the US government would want to cover up such incursions.

Its simple really. If the govternment acknowledges it they might be expected to actually do something about it.

You may well have the right answer there.

Supposedly there are predator drones patrolling the border. Arm them. The next time these armed drug smugglers come across the border that are not part of the Mexican military, a few hellfire rockets will show them who is boss. Whats left of the bodies should tell us just who these people are. If they are Mexican military, Mexico has some serious explaining to do.

I do not think anyone in the US government wants to actually do anything about this problem. democrats want the millions of votes they get from illegals, and republicans are supporting business interests who want cheap labor.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 05:15:01 AM »
To paraphrase the babbling of an aquantance currently server in the sandbox...

"Mexican military on U.S. soil?  BLATANT NEED FOR MILITARY ARMS IN CIVILIAN HANDS!!!"

I do not think anyone in the US government wants to actually do anything about this problem. democrats want the millions of votes they get from illegals, and republicans are supporting business interests who want cheap labor.

I think ilbob has nailed it.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 05:31:56 AM »
Maybe we need to take up a collection to arm the BPs and local sheriffs with Barrett M82 or  M95 .50-cal rifles, appropriate day/night optics, and sniper training to go with.  That would give them plenty of stand-off versus iron-sighted Ma Deuces.

When the MM pulls this crap, if they point anything more threatening than a finger at our boys, the crews manning the MM Ma Deuces get lit up.

Of course, actual US military folks patrolling the border would be a better solution.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 06:23:59 AM »
That link is dead.  Are there any other sources besides WND? 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 06:26:38 AM »
You know, you give a rural sherriff's department (or some of the more "outdoorsey" BP guys) a Rem 700 .308 with a decent scope up top, and I'd say that would outgun a machine gun in a standoff.

One shot is all it takes to neutralize the MG.  

We don't need Barretts and MP5s for BP... they just need a good rifle and the authority to actually use it.  Three or four "designated marksmen" trained BP, shooting M14's or bolt actions, could have wiped out that mexican patrol.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 06:55:42 AM »
If Mexico denies sending them, how would be it be an international incident if the whole thing was "shoot, shovel, shut up"? If they weren't there in the first place, how could the US forces not taking them out and not cleaning up the mess cause any international incident between the US and Mexico to happen?

They were't there! Right?

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 10:39:10 AM »
Who wasn't where?
Avoid cliches like the plague!

yesitsloaded

• friends
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 10:53:24 AM »
democrats want the millions of votes they get from illegals

hahahahaha
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 10:56:06 AM »
Maybe we need to start a WWTRD wristband campaign

What Would Teddy Roosevelt Do?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 11:29:12 AM »
Maybe we need to start a WWTRD wristband campaign

What Would Teddy Roosevelt Do?

He'd be out there with his Rough Riders and rifles.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2007, 12:09:01 PM »

Fine.  I'll answer, using simple terms everyone will understand.  Has anyone else here noticed that certain powerful USGov figures (W, for one) are intent on staying buddy-buddy with Mexico, and very reluctant to get tough on illegal immigration, despite massive public outcry?  Does that help explain why the USGov would prefer to keep this low-key? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 12:36:11 PM »
Most (as in a majority, i.e. over 50%) of our oil comes from Mexico? Heard that somewhere, on the web?

If there were a real confrontation, the Mexicans would claim we crossed over or that their troops crossed to rescue Mexican citizens that we'd tried to illegally detain. And the mighty US Gov would back down and probably offer a formal appology.

What a pile!

Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."