Author Topic: Egypt and Libya embassy attacks  (Read 46472 times)

Hutch

• friend
Re: Egypt and Libya embassy attacks
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2012, 09:06:51 PM »
bingo!

and there are parallels   in other places  like belfast    or any us inner city where a gang rules

That is why when there are free elections in the ME the moderates always run the table winning everything. Locking out the more extremist groups from having any authority.
Please tell me that's sarcasm...  The last time the Palestinians voted, they ousted a murderous band of cutthroats, (Fatah) and replaced them with an even more murderous band of cutthroats (Hamas).  As a young man, I used to believe that, given relief from an oppressive government, everyone would choose to be an Adam Smith sort of laissez faire capitalist/republican.  What a fool I was.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2012, 09:12:23 PM »
Nope.  People vote for whoever can promise them the most for nothing.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2012, 09:15:03 PM »
All governments end up being murderous bands of cutthroats, the question is: are you on the side that benefits from it or not? And more importantly, what do you do when they turn the throat cutting on you?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2012, 10:11:45 PM »
I wonder if we could starve (literally) the entire middle east -- excepting Israel, of course.  Do we need their oil that bad? 
"It's good, though..."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2012, 10:13:17 PM »
Please tell me that's sarcasm...  The last time the Palestinians voted, they ousted a murderous band of cutthroats, (Fatah) and replaced them with an even more murderous band of cutthroats (Hamas).  As a young man, I used to believe that, given relief from an oppressive government, everyone would choose to be an Adam Smith sort of laissez faire capitalist/republican.  What a fool I was.

No, they didn't.

Hamas got 35% of the popular vote and got ousted from half of Palestine.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2012, 12:45:20 AM »
Muslims and Scientologists don't have to eat those tasteless wafers.

Those tasteless wafers are Matzah.

;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2012, 01:56:13 AM »
How's Matzah with hot sauce?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2012, 02:19:56 AM »
How's Matzah with hot sauce?

Funnily enough, that's part of the Passover meal.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2012, 02:25:08 AM »
FYI for all the Catholics out there.

Your Mass (aka a recreation of the Last Supper) is where Jesus had his friends over for Passover.  So you are celebrating Passover every Sunday.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2012, 02:47:40 AM »

Your Mass (aka a recreation of the Last Supper) is where Jesus had his friends over for Passover.  So you are celebrating Passover every Sunday.

Yea, well, we'll get it right one of these days.......
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2012, 08:57:36 AM »

Well...yeah.

For the past four or five years we've been hosting an annual Christ in the Passover presentation done by a group of Messianic Jews, and do a full on passover meal (minus a Jewish mother in law or aunt unfortunately, so not quite the full experience) every couple of years.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #211 on: September 15, 2012, 09:13:55 AM »
Related(?) unrest takes 2 Marines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VI2XQ8-8Ks

LOL @ the prince harry comment.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2012, 09:19:28 AM »
And how are both different from catholicism?

Catholicism has already gone through their convert the whole world and kill/torture those who don't agree period.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2012, 09:42:42 AM »
Well...yeah.

For the past four or five years we've been hosting an annual Christ in the Passover presentation done by a group of Messianic Jews, and do a full on passover meal (minus a Jewish mother in law or aunt unfortunately, so not quite the full experience) every couple of years.

Messianic Jew is a tough row to hoe.  So has Elijah ever wandered in to your Passover?  (I vaguely remember a SNL skit where Jon Lovett was Elijah. Amusing but not very funny, OTOH I'm not Jewish.  I wonder how many people got it at all?)  The Empty Chair really represents more than just Elijah doesn't it?  Like missing family members?
"It's good, though..."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2012, 10:27:29 AM »
Messianic Jew is a tough row to hoe.  So has Elijah ever wandered in to your Passover?  (I vaguely remember a SNL skit where Jon Lovett was Elijah. Amusing but not very funny, OTOH I'm not Jewish.  I wonder how many people got it at all?)  The Empty Chair really represents more than just Elijah doesn't it?  Like missing family members?
Far as I know it's just for Elijah, but a lot of things in the passover meal are based on tradition (hiding the Matzo, dad doing a ceremonial sweeping of a whopping 1 square inch of tile after mom cleans for a month...etc.) so maybe in certain circles it might mean more.

And yes, I suppose it can be a tough row to hoe. But then we're just a bunch of Lutherans.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2012, 11:56:18 AM »
I wonder if we could starve (literally) the entire middle east -- excepting Israel, of course.  Do we need their oil that bad? 
Yes and no.  To survive, assuming $10-20/gal gas is survivable, no.  To not crush our economy, yes.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »
Our "economy" may need to be brought back to its fighting weight--if we want to survive as a nation and a culture.  I realize that will displease the constituency that confuses growth with OCD.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2012, 01:53:37 PM »
Yes and no.  To survive, assuming $10-20/gal gas is survivable, no.  To not crush our economy, yes.
Drill in ANWR, off both coasts, Keystone Pipeline, Canadian and Colorado Oilsands and we won't have $10-20 a gallon gas.  Maybe $2-3 if we also build a couple refineries as well.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #218 on: September 15, 2012, 02:41:25 PM »
Drill in ANWR, off both coasts, Keystone Pipeline, Canadian and Colorado Oilsands and we won't have $10-20 a gallon gas.  Maybe $2-3 if we also build a couple refineries as well.

Do all that and some saner people in the sandbox will line up all the extremists against a wall and then beg someone(China) to buy their oil. It's the only chip in front of them, probably why idiot wants the bomb, he's just another 3rd world crackpot if the world stops buying Iranian oil.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #219 on: September 15, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »

Catholicism has already gone through their convert the whole world and kill/torture those who don't agree period.

So has most of Islam.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #220 on: September 15, 2012, 04:02:49 PM »

So has most of Islam.

I'm not so sure of that; I think most are just not devout and I have no beef with them.  Like people who say they are Christians because they live in America. 
"It's good, though..."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #221 on: September 15, 2012, 04:29:49 PM »

1,211,148,707 Muslims killed no ambassadors today.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #222 on: September 15, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »

Yet...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #223 on: September 15, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »

And what percentage of this 1.2 billion people is effectively muzzled, cowed, intimidated?  What percentage would dare protest from the opposite point of view?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #224 on: September 15, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
And what percentage of this 1.2 billion people is effectively muzzled, cowed, intimidated?  What percentage would dare protest from the opposite point of view?

Good question.  Another might be, how many particularly care about Islamic extremism?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.