Author Topic: Montana moves to repeal medical marijuana laws  (Read 50847 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Montana moves to repeal medical marijuana laws
« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2011, 12:41:47 AM »
OMG!!!

I find myself in agreement with CSD!!!

hey, that rhymes - lets write a song. :laugh:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2011, 01:34:52 AM »
come on guys  he signed up 80% of the "legal cards" in the state.  its disingenuous to pretend he did that without the cooperation of the "movement"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2011, 08:06:28 AM »
All of this is irrelevant.

It's none of the governments business whether or not people smoke MJ.

The government has no right to tell you what you can and can't do with your body. Just because a right isn't enumerated in the constitution, doesn't mean the right doesn't exist.

You absolutely have the right to treat your body however you want.

Anyone who says you should have the freedom to own a gun, but not to smoke a plant, is a hypocrit. Pure and simple.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2011, 08:16:56 AM »
Christ claims to have signed up 80 percent of Montana's nearly 23,000 medical marijuana cardholders - a number that stood at 7,300 in January.

These days, nearly all of those folks sign up with the Montana Caregivers Network online after meeting with a physician via Skype, Christ said. The Montana Caregivers Network offers at least one, and sometimes two, "teleclinics" nearly every day of the week.

Still, a handful of people sat Friday in the waiting area of the Montana Caregivers office in the blue corner building at Front and Orange streets. "Got Pain?" a sign in the window asks. Two leafy marijuana plants sat in pots below it.

Christ said he's signed up 5,000 - "or maybe 10,000" cardholders online since January, some from out of state.

thats your version of thrown under the bus?

No matter how I try I can't get any of those numbers to come up to 80%.... >:D  (Stirs pot)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2011, 08:36:48 AM »
lol   look at the article again   >:D

even if he signed up 50 percent you still can't pretend "we didn't know!" the fact that the guy with the blank doc notes is part of the "working group" speaks volumes.  there is outrage over the fake notes in wisconsin yet "its cool" for smoke?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2011, 08:56:46 AM »
You will note - the working group meeting link posted is before the signed blank doc notes deal came out.

Again...  many people went to this guy for green cards and many of them were fraudulent.  The folks after fraudulent cards are not really part of the "MM Community" are they?  They are stoners looking for a legal hook up that this criminal broke the law and exploited loop holes in a poorly written bill to accommodate.  Are you expecting honesty and moral fortitude from the average recreational drug user in how they get their fix?

• friends
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2011, 11:11:07 AM »
i did miss the date   is it your position that the mm community didn't know what christ was up to?  and thats how he got included in the group?  is he still part of it?  i think there is a blurring of lines between the legitimate card holders and the stoners and that that occured with a wink and a nudge.  and that the bill for that behavior has come due bear in mind that i'm pro legalization and tried to be part of borml in the mid 70's  i left laughing

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2011, 01:07:11 PM »
You know... the anti-gunners have about the same attitude about CWPs as some here have about MM cards  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2011, 01:14:43 PM »
are cwp folks engaging in open fraud?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »
In California, they are
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

PTK

• friends
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2011, 06:55:30 PM »

"Concealed means concealed"
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
"In CA, it's only a misdemeanor..."

Any of those ring a bell?
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2011, 08:07:57 PM »

Depends on your POV - some would see it as a "license to break the law.'

Sorta like a MM card.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2011, 08:06:02 AM »
"Concealed means concealed"
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
"In CA, it's only a misdemeanor..."

Any of those ring a bell?

do any of those involve something as blatant as the things christ did? the blank doc notes etc? an institutionalized corporate effort? with a support structure? as opposed to some folks making noise?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2011, 05:21:13 PM »
With the bill to repeal Montana's medical marijuana law stalled in the state senate it would seem the DEA has taken it upon themselves to squash the MM system via the Federal bludgeon without regard for the state law or the will of the plebes voters.

http://blog.montananorml.org/2011/03/14/live-blog-dea-raids-of-medical-marijuana-in-montana/

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »
whoa...

PTK

• friends
« Reply #190 on: March 14, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
Absolutely unprecedented in this state. The number of places hit keeps on growing...

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

• friends
« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2011, 05:35:47 PM »
what role do you think the wink wink nudge nudge actions of christ played? or do you think the fed action was inevitable?  that the open gaming of the existing system had no impact?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:18:34 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

PTK

• friends
« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2011, 05:37:23 PM »
Hey, c&sd, what's the statute of limitations on selling marijuana as a minor, to a minor, on school property, anyway?

i was the same jamis  only i made friends with em by selling em pot  same end result though i was fighting a lot in high school

• friends
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2011, 05:51:21 PM »
in md?  i believe 7 years  in va?  there is no statute of limitations for felonies.  the guys on my football team  were over 18  i was the only minor. they used to buy my booze for me

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2011, 06:16:45 PM »
what role do you think the wink wink nudge nudge actions of christ? or do you think the fed action was inevitable?  that the open gaming of the existing system had no impact?

Who gives a frak?

Christ, damage and all, was being handled by Montana and her voters.  If they couldn't get the law changed maybe "The Movement" has more traction than C&SD thinks.  Either way it was MT's law and MT's voters.

The DEA has long turned (and still is in other states) a blind eye to Med. MJ. For them to selectively reverse that now just in one state because someone got bad press is crap.  If MJ laws are all of a sudden back on the DEA's radar as something that needs to be enforced, I expect we'll see them in NorCal soon, right?  Otherwise MT needs to send the revenuers packing and handle their own business.

• friends
« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2011, 06:19:53 PM »
The DEA has long turned (and still is in other states) a blind eye to Med. MJ

thats very true  made me wonder why montana ? why now?

PTK

• friends
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2011, 06:21:25 PM »
Why MT? Why now? The repeal is stalled in the Senate. Perfect time for publicity. Honestly, couldn't be timed any better.

• friends
« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »
sorry  they didn't kick that operation off in the time since the bill stalled  it was in the works a while.  anyone else wanna hazard a guess?  i don't have one

PTK

• friends
« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
Leave it to you to know how long it takes them to get a drug raid together. :lol:

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2011, 06:30:09 PM »
sorry  they didn't kick that operation off in the time since the bill stalled  it was in the works a while.  anyone else wanna hazard a guess?  i don't have one

From someone who has actually worked on the inside of an alphabet agency, you don't have a freaking clue.