Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 35277 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #450 on: January 26, 2024, 05:01:45 PM »
Biden's Dem Challenger Launches Big Foot Ad Mocking President for Not Campaigning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPrGu0WZB-A

Just saw this a bit late since New Hampshire is over. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #451 on: January 28, 2024, 11:28:32 AM »
Tells me they're getting really worried.

You really can’t make this up.

“Right-wing Extremists will steal the 2024 Election…” -Hilary Clinton. pic.twitter.com/scC68oWl74
    — Liz Churchill (@liz_churchill10) January 28, 2024
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/28/hillary-clinton-warns-right-wing-extremists-will-steal-the-2024-election-n2392293
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #452 on: January 28, 2024, 12:22:47 PM »
Tells me they're getting really worried.
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/28/hillary-clinton-warns-right-wing-extremists-will-steal-the-2024-election-n2392293
Since they always accuse others of things they are doing themselves, it is just more proof that they are doing their best to steal it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #453 on: January 30, 2024, 11:58:08 AM »
Snoop Dog and Donny, sitting in a tree. K-i-s-s-i-n-g.

https://twitchy.com/videos/2024/01/30/snoop-doggs-stunning-reversal-on-donald-trump-n2392348

I would crack up if Trump starts getting the stoner vote now.  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #454 on: January 30, 2024, 12:06:08 PM »
Snoop Dog and Donny, sitting in a tree. K-i-s-s-i-n-g.

https://twitchy.com/videos/2024/01/30/snoop-doggs-stunning-reversal-on-donald-trump-n2392348

I would crack up if Trump starts getting the stoner vote now.  :rofl:

Waiting on Snoop Dog being called a white supremacist
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #455 on: January 31, 2024, 04:58:48 PM »
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2024/01/31/desantis-scores-final-victory-against-disney-federal-case-dismissed-n2169462

Per the article, this is the end of the road for Disney. No idea if that's correct.

The timing is interesting. Makes me wonder if the lawsuit was only there to cause problems if DeSantis was the nominee.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #456 on: February 02, 2024, 07:45:08 AM »
Biden/Harris Reelection Donation Prank
https://petespranks.com/products/biden-harris-2024-reelection-campaign-donation-mailer

This one could triggered some suicides

Donald Trump Presidential Election Donation Prank
https://petespranks.com/products/donald-trump-presidential-election-donation-prank
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #457 on: February 08, 2024, 07:38:10 AM »
    As a former insider, I am here to tell you the mainstream media is making a critical mistake in election coverage in 2024.

They are ignoring the threat Donald Trump and his cohorts pose and we must address this.

Read the details in my newsletter. The link is in my bio.
    — Chris Cillizza (@ChrisCillizza) February 7, 2024
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/02/07/chris-cillizza-says-the-medias-doing-a-terrible-job-warning-us-about-donald-trump-n2392672

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #458 on: February 08, 2024, 08:55:57 AM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/02/07/chris-cillizza-says-the-medias-doing-a-terrible-job-warning-us-about-donald-trump-n2392672

I can't remember for sure, but I think some "reporter" somewhere once said, "Let me say, for the billionth time, reporters don't root for a side! PERIOD!!!"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #459 on: February 08, 2024, 05:02:22 PM »
Nevada primary results:

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #460 on: February 11, 2024, 01:12:59 PM »
Nevada primary results:

I live in SC so I get to be bombarded with Nikki Haley ads all day long from all sources

Trump is wildly popular in my state and has been since the first time he ran.

Haley is so *expletive deleted*ing stupid she thinks a winning strategy for this state is to run commercials slamming Trump.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #461 on: February 11, 2024, 02:53:05 PM »
Haley is so *expletive deleted*ing stupid she thinks a winning strategy for this state is to run commercials slamming Trump.

Though I will say that occasionally Trump helps her with his foot in mouth disease. He just recently did some "Where is Nikki's husband?" shtick implying he flew the coop or something, when in fact he's deployed in Africa right now.

Some of these candidates have the worst staff regarding keeping them informed on stuff. Not that it would keep Trump from saying something stupid three seconds after people say, "Hey, that last speech of Trump's was really presidential. Maybe he's getting his *expletive deleted*it together!"  :laugh:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #462 on: February 16, 2024, 11:33:44 AM »
Deep state? What deep state?

Apparently Trump said that if he's reelected, he's going to fire thousands of feds and reduce/eliminate some agencies and offices. While on the one hand saying "Trump will never win", OPM and others within government are right this minute creating rules to limit presidential power regarding firing federal workers and the rules are expected to be in place before the end of the year.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-2024-government-regulations-democrats-6badc3b424b9eff3ba51e0ec35a8d824?utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/02/16/dems-freak-out-after-report-that-trump-plans-to-shrink-size-of-federal-govt-n2393013

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #463 on: February 19, 2024, 07:46:31 AM »
No link as I just now heard it on the Fox Business, but apparently Germany announced it is now paying what it owes to NATO and looking at upping its percentage contribution. Trump wins again. If they thought Biden was gonna be reelected, they would have continued to shine on their obligation, knowing there would be no scorched Earth response.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #464 on: February 19, 2024, 09:35:31 AM »
Yesterday I was inundated with links (including from the unboased MSM) to a video purportedly showing a crowd booing Trump at a sneaker convention. When I watched it, it was obviously edited, and edited so specifically that you could see the choppy cut at the beginning. When I did my own research and brought up a less edited video, if there was any booing, it was very minor and only seconds, compared to a whole bunch of cheering and "*expletive deleted*ck Joe Biden" the rest of the time. as can be seen here:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/19/resister-thinks-theyre-saying-lets-go-biden-lol-n2393075

For the record, if Trump wants to be in the sneaker business, I guess whatever, man. But holy hell - who is buying those stupid gold sneakers for $400?!? It seems to me like the smart move would have been to do some USA themed sneakers, or else camo or coyote or something to make them more relatable to his base, which I assume would be the major customers. The kind of people who buy gold sneakers are probably not Trump voters, and would be more likely to boycott him.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #465 on: February 19, 2024, 12:04:29 PM »

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #466 on: February 19, 2024, 02:46:18 PM »
Yesterday I was inundated with links (including from the unboased MSM) to a video purportedly showing a crowd booing Trump at a sneaker convention. When I watched it, it was obviously edited, and edited so specifically that you could see the choppy cut at the beginning. When I did my own research and brought up a less edited video, if there was any booing, it was very minor and only seconds, compared to a whole bunch of cheering and "*expletive deleted*ck Joe Biden" the rest of the time. as can be seen here:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/19/resister-thinks-theyre-saying-lets-go-biden-lol-n2393075

For the record, if Trump wants to be in the sneaker business, I guess whatever, man. But holy hell - who is buying those stupid gold sneakers for $400?!? It seems to me like the smart move would have been to do some USA themed sneakers, or else camo or coyote or something to make them more relatable to his base, which I assume would be the major customers. The kind of people who buy gold sneakers are probably not Trump voters, and would be more likely to boycott him.
I was thinking I could likely resell the sneakers if I had heard about it ahead of time. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #467 on: February 22, 2024, 09:53:35 AM »
It appears that Trump has acknowledged a half dozen people on his VP "short list":

Former President Trump acknowledged at a Fox News town hall in South Carolina that Ron DeSantis, Tim Scott, Vivek Ramaswamy, Kristi Noem, Bryon Donalds and Tulsi Gabbard are on his running mate shortlist.

My thoughts:

Ron DeSantis: I suppose he could be seen as a rudder (or anchor) that could help focus things to Trump policy vs Trump twitter. He has to me always been Trumpish in policy without the teenage mean girl baggage. He has the "I don't take *expletive deleted*it" attitude that would keep him from being an international pushover.

Tim Scott: I think he's a smart, good guy, but I get the feeling he would be looked at as a male Kamala - chosen just because of his color rather than his ability, even though he has the ability.

Vivek: Possibly a draw to younger voters and independents. In some ways he has the Trump "out there" personality, but he seems to be able to navigate the social medias much better than Trump, and he's much better at comebacks when he's insulted.

Kristi Noem: She seems like a solid choice as a woman VP not chosen simply because she's a woman. Some of the purported and alleged personal life stuff that has been in the news could be a negative.

Bryan Donalds: I honestly don't know much about him, so can't comment. He seems to have his act together in the limited interviews I've seen with him.

Tulsi Gabbard: I know a lot of guys here don't like her, but she's an interesting choice. She has the same "avoid wars and sticking our noses in other people's business" viewpoint as Trump has, and I think a lot of that is why she seems to be saying lots of pro-Trump stuff of late. I know that most of the youtube former snake eaters whose podcasts I watch all seem to think very highly of her. I think she would draw a lot of independents away from Biden and/or from staying home instead of voting. Also those people who don't like Trump, but have been questioning the political attacks on Trump by the establishment (the "If they can do it to him, they can do it to me" crowd, which Tulsi seems to be a part of).

Pb

• friend
« Reply #468 on: February 22, 2024, 10:12:03 AM »
It appears that Trump has acknowledged a half dozen people on his VP "short list":

What kind of idiot would want to be Trump's VP?  He's just going to end up personally insulting you on twitter, and having his fans declare you a traitor. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #469 on: February 22, 2024, 10:36:43 AM »
What kind of idiot would want to be Trump's VP?  He's just going to end up personally insulting you on twitter, and having his fans declare you a traitor.

Someone with Belladonna in their garden?  Dude's old and eats like crap......

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #470 on: February 22, 2024, 10:39:20 AM »

I agree with that for cabinet positions, but I think it will be harder for him to do that with a VP. He didn't really attack Pence until the end. He can't "fire" or force a VP to resign the way he can for a cabinet or other appointed position.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #471 on: February 22, 2024, 11:42:10 AM »
I agree with that for cabinet positions, but I think it will be harder for him to do that with a VP. He didn't really attack Pence until the end. He can't "fire" or force a VP to resign the way he can for a cabinet or other appointed position.

Part of the calculus though needs to be who can carry on Trump's legacy.  He's going to be a lame duck from the moment he's inaugurated due to term limits.  He won't want someone who will *expletive deleted*it on his legacy in the 2028-2036 term that his VP will be expected to serve as POTUS.

I think he had pence on the assumption that he'd bring the calmness he lacked but that Pence was unlikely to win the nomination once Trump was done.  This time I don't think he can assume that about anyone who would be his VP.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #472 on: February 22, 2024, 06:19:03 PM »
Where's Kanye, or Alex Jones?  :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #473 on: February 23, 2024, 11:18:07 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #474 on: February 23, 2024, 06:00:45 PM »
To save democracy we must be a Banana Republic

Murray and other legal scholars say that, absent clear guidance from the Supreme Court, a Trump win could lead to a constitutional crisis in Congress. Democrats would have to choose between confirming a winner many of them believe is ineligible and defying the will of voters who elected him. Their choice could be decisive: As their victory in a House special election in New York last week demonstrated, Democrats have a serious chance of winning a majority in Congress in November, even if Trump recaptures the presidency on the same day. If that happens, they could have the votes to prevent him from taking office.

In interviews, senior House Democrats would not commit to certifying a Trump win, saying they would do so only if the Supreme Court affirms his eligibility. But during oral arguments, liberal and conservative justices alike seemed inclined to dodge the question of his eligibility altogether and throw the decision to Congress.

If Trump Wins, Trying to Stop Election Certification Won't Be a 'Threat to Democracy' Anymore
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/02/23/if-trump-wins-trying-to-stop-election-certification-wont-be-a-threat-to-democracy-anymore-n2393247
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 06:16:36 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes