Author Topic: So, a bunch of overly self-important celebrities got together last night...  (Read 5840 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
People are outraged now?   ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
Sometimes. I hate being right

Forbes: Don’t talk about Will Smith’s Oscar slap without discussing the white supremacist system that helped create it
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/29/forbes-dont-talk-about-will-smiths-oscar-slap-without-discussing-the-white-supremacist-system-that-helped-create-it/

Comedian realizes she’s white and doesn’t need to have an opinion on a black man slapping another black man
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/29/comedian-realizes-shes-white-and-doesnt-need-to-have-an-opinion-on-a-black-man-slapping-another-black-man/

Guardian columnist writes that ‘white outrage’ over Will Smith’s Oscar slap ‘is rooted in anti-Blackness’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/29/guardian-columnist-writes-that-white-outrage-over-will-smiths-oscar-slap-is-rooted-in-anti-blackness/

"If the shoe fits ... wear it." In other words, when you're right, you're right.

White supremacy is the new mantra, and EVERYTHING will be discussed in ways to make it fit that narrative.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Think they're done? Nope

Professor tells PBS NewsHour that Will Smith’s slap came from a 400-year commitment to black erasure
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/04/02/professor-tells-pbs-newshour-that-will-smiths-slap-came-from-a-400-year-commitment-to-black-erasure/

MSNBC host thinks it’s ‘utterly ridiculous’ for discussion of Will Smith’s assault to center around white people’s opinions
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/04/02/msnbc-host-thinks-its-utterly-ridiculous-for-discussion-of-will-smiths-assault-to-center-around-white-peoples-opinions/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
Meanwhile, Will Smith has resigned from the Motion Picture Academy. It's apparently a preemptive strike, along the lines of "You can't fire me -- I quit."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
This just got even weirder

Jada Pinkett Smith has revealed that she and husband Will Smith have secretly been separated for the last seven years - as she admitted that the pair, who tied the knot in 1997, are still trying to 'figure out' what the future of their marriage looks like.

The 52-year-old shared the shock news about her relationship in a new interview with People - before also opening up about their situation in more detail in a sit-down with NBC News this morning.

Speaking to Hoda Kotb on the Today show, Jada explained why her marriage to Will, 55, broke down, divulging: 'By the time we got to 2016, we were just exhausted with trying. I think we were both still stuck in our fantasy of what we thought the other person should be.'

Referencing Jada's book, Hoda said that the actress described the separation as being like a 'divorce', despite the pair not filing any paperwork, saying that she wrote: 'It was not a divorce on paper. But it was a divorce.'
Jada Pinkett Smith reveals she and Will Smith have secretly been SEPARATED for SEVEN YEARS after growing 'exhausted' of trying to save 'fractured' marriage - but says they have NO plans to divorce despite living apart
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12618689/jada-pinkett-smith-separated-seven-years.html

Jada Pinkett Smith reveals she's been separated for 7 YEARS and Twitter wonders if Will is aware
https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2023/10/11/will-and-jada-pinkett-smith-separated-for-seven-years-n2388412

Pradheep J. Shanker
@Neoavatara
So he slapped Chris Rock and ruined his career...for a woman that already left him?

:facepalm:

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Wow.  This whole thing, what with race, marriage, divorce, violence, physical appearance, worldwide publicity, sounds like a good plot for a dramatic comedy movie.

I think they need to bring in some horses for a little western flavor.  Oh, and UFOs just because.

The satisfying ending would be Chuck Norris coming in and kicking everybody in the face.

Fade to black.   ....No, no, I mean fade to no-light situation.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 04:06:50 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
Double post
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 03:53:46 PM by 230RN »

zxcvbob

• friend
Wow.  This whole thing, what with race, marriage, divorce, violence, physical appearance, worldwide publicity, sounds like a good plot for a dramatic comedy movie.

I think they need to bring in some horses for a little western flavor.  Oh, and UFOs just because.

The satisfying ending would be Chuck Norris coming in and kicking everybody in the face.

Fade to black.   ....No, no, I mean fade to no-light situation.

Could also freeze-frame on a cowboy boot connecting with the last guy's face.  Then roll the credits with that as a background.   =D
"It's good, though..."

griz

• friend
Yes, I am a natural born skeptic, but:
Did anybody else notice this attention getting announcement just happened to coincide with her new book?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
Did anybody else notice this attention getting announcement just happened to coincide with her new book?

Any shitlicity is good shitlicity.

Terry, 230RN

Hawkmoon

• friend

Yes indeed ... why do you ask?

I'm sure the timing was entirely coincidental.