Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 46476 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2023, 11:30:06 AM »
^^^

That has strong "King George in 1779" vibes.  Or if you prefer "There is only One China in 2020" vibes.

They are fighting to create a Palestinian State.  The majority of the world recognizes that such state exists.  The Region of Palestine certainly exists and has been referred to for centuries.  Balfour didn't pull the name out of his ass.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2023, 12:29:01 PM »

They are fighting to create a Palestinian State. 

Well, yeah, a Palestinian state where Israel currently exists.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2023, 01:18:04 PM »
I can have a lot of sympathy for the regular people of Gaza.  I mean, there’s no option for political representation that would just want o live peacefully with all their neighbors (anyone that says that will just be killed by Hamas), there’s no hope of living in anything but a de facto open air prison with basically no real economy.  They can’t leave, even if Hamas and Israel would let them because there’s nowhere to go.  The Arab countries around them them want them even less than Israel does, and the rest of the world isn’t champing at the bit to take them either.

Doesn’t mean the Israelis aren’t justified in what they’re doing.  Hamas deserves to be exterminated.
Formerly sumpnz

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2023, 04:14:36 PM »
The rest of North Africa has managed to find enough watercraft to get into the Med and get picked up by the German NGO's and shuttled to Italy.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2023, 06:38:09 PM »
"We can certainly afford two wars"

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/10/16/jesse-kelly-takes-janet-yellin-to-the-woodshed-for-saying-we-can-afford-two-wars-n2388594

Well if one of those wars is with a major creditor and gives us the opportunity to cancel a bunch of debt without downgrading our credit rating, and the other war bankrupts one of the major players attempting to compete with the PetroDollar......I'm just saying.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2023, 06:45:26 PM »
Two dead in Brussels gun rampage: Man claiming to be ISIS member avenging stabbing murder of US-Palestinian boy, 6, opens fire on group wearing Swedish football shirts ahead of Euro 2024 qualifier - then goes on the run
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12637199/two-people-shot-dead-Brussels.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2023, 07:24:18 PM »
9 Signs You Might Actually Be The Bad Guy
https://babylonbee.com/news/9-signs-you-might-actually-be-the-bad-guy

7. You have a heavy machine gun mounted in the bed of your 1994 Toyota pickup truck: Unless you live in Kentucky, this is a red flag.

Hey now
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2023, 07:26:46 PM »
Hamas Disappointed Liberals Don't Believe They Massacred Jews After They Went To All The Trouble To Livestream It
https://babylonbee.com/news/hamas-disappointed-leftists-dont-believe-they-massacred-jews-after-they-went-to-all-the-trouble-to-livestream-it

Israel Cuts Off Gaza From All Updates On Taylor Swift And Travis Kelce
https://babylonbee.com/news/israel-cuts-off-gaza-from-all-updates-on-taylor-swift--travis-kelce
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2023, 08:31:49 PM »
Top Brass
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2023, 08:56:10 PM »
The rest of North Africa has managed to find enough watercraft to get into the Med and get picked up by the German NGO's and shuttled to Italy.

Payback for switching sides in the last war.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2023, 09:08:19 PM »
Top Brass
Was that tweet from 2015 or 2018?  Hard to tell from the low resolution.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2023, 06:15:50 AM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: October 17, 2023, 07:53:51 AM »
Got it, thanks.  So the quote came from this article: https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/juniper-cobra-begins-with-us-and-idf-troops-simulating-missile-attacks-544598

It looks to me like the snippet in the tweet wasn't an actual quote, it was an interpretation by the author that to me reads as a response to a question about US tolerance for casualties.
And those US troops who would be deployed to Israel, are prepared to die for the Jewish state, Clark said.
“We are ready to commit to the defense of Israel and anytime we get involved in a kinetic fight there is always the risk that there will be casualties. But we accept that – as every conflict we train for and enter, there is always that possibility,” he said.
Not sure that Clark's actual statement was particularly noteworthy.  The author's editorial description of it was certainly going to fire up people with certain political and religious persuasions.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #264 on: October 17, 2023, 12:10:58 PM »
Interesting to me that all the big media outlets do their best to filter out "violent content" so the video of the Hamas attacks on Israel are hard to find.  I see leftists demanding proof the Hamas killed women and children.  Then the video of the Israeli attacks on Gaza are all over the place with claims of thousands of civilians killed with no demands for proof of those claims. 

On the other side, why do I hear people talking about the US funding or fighting in a war against Hamas?  It seems to me that Israel can take care of that without us.  We are already give them more than enough aid money each year to pay for this. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2023, 02:52:40 PM »
Well, yeah, a Palestinian state where Israel currently exists.

IIRC, that is because Jerusalem and the Temple Mount is considered holy by all three major religions - Jews, Muslims, and Christians.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #267 on: October 17, 2023, 04:04:11 PM »
IIRC, that is because Jerusalem and the Temple Mount is considered holy by all three major religions - Jews, Muslims, and Christians.

A bit less so by the Christians.  For the other two, it's quite the sore point.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2023, 05:16:17 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/yellen-says-us-can-afford-two-wars-because-she-gets-a-20-friends--family-discount-with-raytheon

Certainly the defense stocks have been going up. I'll bet that a bunch of higher ups in deep state are buying cases of champagne this week via their insider trading.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2023, 05:16:48 PM »

I think it is mainly because the Arabs in the area weren't happy at being under (or next door to) a Jewish-controlled government established after WW2 (with mass Jewish immigration).  It is my understanding that religious aspects of it are secondary.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #273 on: October 17, 2023, 05:40:18 PM »
Latest reports indicate a Hamas rocket went off course and hit the hospital by accident.

Going back to BBC's live news feed and lots and lots of finger pointing. We probably will never know the truth.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2023, 06:22:10 PM »
Biden going to Israel. What the heck is he going to do?
- Calvin and Hobbes