Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 38281 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Israel Under Attack
« on: October 07, 2023, 08:16:58 AM »
Hamas launched over 5000 missiles at Israel. There are 22 known dead so far.

Does this mean everyone will be replacing Ukrainian flags with Israeli flags, or no? Also interesting that Hamas has this big stockpile of missiles not long after we released $6billion of frozen funds to Iran to "not be used for terrorist activities".

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/hamas-attack-israel-war
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 08:21:11 AM »
Those hateful evil Nazi Jews deserved it! A dead Israeli is a good Israeli! says every hard leftist ever.

Can't wait to see some of the comments that are going to be flooding out about this.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 08:43:19 AM »
Reports of kidnappings.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 08:58:47 AM »
Russia's deputy foreign minister said "it goes without saying that we always call for restraint"
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67037895

Oooookay
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 09:04:10 AM »
Reports of kidnappings.

While hoping for the best for the Israelis, I'm curious about how well armed Israeli civilians along the border are, and if they have any kind of "militia protocols" to stand up a resistance in their neighborhoods?

From the teevee news, this appears to be an attack predominately on civilian soft targets.

Edit: Ah, it appears there are some protocols:

Sir Brian of London
@brianoflondon
Our local municipality is calling all armed civilians to come to a muster point in the area.

https://twitchy.com/artistangie/2023/10/07/breaking-israel-under-large-scale-attack-by-hamas-n2388222
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2023, 09:25:17 AM »
Nice people

Shocking footage shared on social media appears to show Palestinian fighters parading the naked body of an Israeli woman on the back of a pick-up truck
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12604497/Israel-says-striking-Gaza-targets-Hamas-announces-new-operation.html?ito=link_share_article-image-share#i-f88fe9dfe68cd1ab

- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2023, 09:35:54 AM »
5000 rockets launched at Israel saturated the Iron Dome system, but heaviest casualties seem to have come from the ground invasion. Early reports are that large amounts of explosives were used to blow holes in the wall for access, and even paragliders were used to get terrorists into Israel. Seems that Israeli intelligence dropped the ball.

I vaguely remember reading that Israel had instituted more restrictive "gun control" laws in the decades since the six day war - here's a decidedly anti-gun New York Post opinion piece from ~5 years ago that goes into it. (When reading it, consider the source.)  https://nypost.com/2018/02/15/israels-gun-control-laws-can-make-the-us-safer-too/

So if there's any truth to the above, Israeli civilians may have been somewhat helpless in the face of an attack by heavily armed terrorists.

I said years ago that the Israelis should have dealt far more sternly with Gaza . . . but they didn't. Hence today's events.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2023, 09:43:54 AM »
5000 rockets launched at Israel saturated the Iron Dome system,

I'm in my armchair talking out of my ass, because I haven't done any confirmation research, but I don't think Iron Dome has ever been overwhelmed before, which makes this kind of a big deal.

People generally think "Top Secret" is all about hiding capabilities. More often than not, it's actually about hiding deficiencies. If you have technology that allows you to identify a bad guy on a ship ten miles from your sensor, you almost want that info out in the wild. What you don't want out there is the information that under "X" atmospheric conditions, that capability is halved.

Israel's enemies now have some field verified idea of Iron Dome's saturation point.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2023, 09:58:48 AM »
Waiting to hear from The Squad
- Calvin and Hobbes

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2023, 11:31:57 AM »
Lefties on several forums are essentially celebrating this and claiming that Isreal "deserves this."

Yeah, we've got some messed up people in our civilization.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2023, 11:32:38 AM »
Israel now reporting 70 dead but this could go far higher as more are found and there are roving bands going around shooting anyone they see. Hamas saying they have captured several senior officers along with dozens of others. IDF reporting fighting in 22 locations.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2023, 12:04:15 PM »
It's almost certainly going to go higher.

As I said on FB, I have zero confidence that our "administration" will do anything concrete to help Isreal against the other ME countries that are threatening them, so Isreal might just wind up showing them Oppenheimer's Light.

I hope it doesn't go there, but this is just the sort of situation I can envision causing it.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2023, 12:05:01 PM »
I would not be surprised to see this bring down Bibi's government. He has, for years, campaigned as the only politician tough enough to keep Israel safe.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2023, 12:16:16 PM »
"so Isreal might just wind up showing them Oppenheimer's Light."

Yeah, that didn't happen in 1973, and I very much doubt that it's going to happen now.

In 1973 Israel and a number of its Middle East enemies were at FAR more even parity force and capabilities wise. The Arabs had very strong backing from the Soviets, who flooded weapons into Egypt, Syria, and other participants. That showed in just how badly Israeli tank and air assets were mauled early in the conflict and it was touch and go for Israel for a couple of weeks.

Now, basically, there's no one to really bulk up the Arab states except the United States. The Russians certainly aren't capable of it and I sincerely doubt that the Chinese are going to do it either, given that they're really not on cozy terms with much of the Middle East.

Syria's still in the middle of a nasty civil war, Egypt is a *expletive deleted*it show, Saudi Arabia isn't going to march off against Israel, Jordan is stable but its military capabilities are minuscule compared to Israel. The wild card is, and always is, Iran, but their ties to Hamas took quite the beating during the Syrian civil war and they're still not on the best of terms anymore.

At best, the Arab states will provide Hamas with shadow aid and outright humanitarian aid, but none of them are going to start troops to the bored. They've played that game multiple times before and they've gotten nut punched every time.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2023, 12:24:57 PM »
It's almost certainly going to go higher.

As I said on FB, I have zero confidence that our "administration" will do anything concrete to help Isreal against the other ME countries that are threatening them, so Isreal might just wind up showing them Oppenheimer's Light.

I hope it doesn't go there, but this is just the sort of situation I can envision causing it.

At what target? Turn every city/town on their border along with 100% of what international support they have to ash? Iran?
Tanks would have to converging on Tel Aviv for Israel for that to happen and her Arab neighbors are either currently a military basket case and/or pretty much gave up on that idea a long time ago.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 12:43:16 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2023, 12:59:29 PM »
The Middle East has been poorly handled since 2001.

Post WWII SCAP is the model that is needed to deal with this particular fanaticism.  Annihilate, strike existential fear into the public, decapitate the Faith of the zealots, re-seed a new culture.

Failing that, a deliberate economic war to make their only resource offering obsolete, and leave them in the Stone Age where they belong.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2023, 01:23:49 PM »
Looks to me like it was a major surprise rush.  Saw some footage of Israeli navy fire on boats that were attempting to land fighters around the walls.  Also video that looks like bands of terrorists had stopped vehicles and killed the people in them, etc. 

What I am not sure of is if there is any intent to maintain the attack or just a quick surprise terrorist attack? 

Israel is going to destroy a bunch of stuff in Gaza and kill a lot of people (who probably deserve it).  People in Gaza celebrating are going to get killed.  Western governments will wait until Israel is making headway to destroying the terrorists and then they will demand "peace" and that Israel stop. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2023, 01:34:16 PM »
Lefties on several forums are essentially celebrating this and claiming that Isreal "deserves this."

Yeah, we've got some messed up people in our civilization.

I have never understood the hate of the Jews.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2023, 01:44:22 PM »
Looks to me like it was a major surprise rush. 

If any intelligence (or a propaganda video) is ever released, I'm curious to know what initiated what is apparently the largest hamas assault to date right at this time. I guess it's the High Holidays, but I'm wondering if something else triggered it, or contributed to why it's happening right now.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2023, 01:53:35 PM »
'Every time. Like clockwork.': Leftwing media's predictable response to the terrorist attack on Israel
https://twitchy.com/chad-felix-greene/2023/10/07/every-time-like-clockwork-leftwing-medias-predictable-response-to-the-terrorist-attack-on-israel-n2388230

Typical leftist media response.  Make little if any comment about the actual terrorist attacks, but start laying in on the Israeli response before it even happens. 

Notice that it is the same response they have to crime and punishment.  They ignore the victim and criticize any attempt to go after or punish the criminal. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2023, 02:07:34 PM »
"What I am not sure of is if there is any intent to maintain the attack or just a quick surprise terrorist attack?"

This is looking to me more and more like a Tet-style attack. Send lots of infiltrators, most essentially suicide squads, to raise as much havoc and cause as much destruction as possible.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2023, 02:10:35 PM »
That retard Larry Tribe REALLY stepped in it this morning.

Tweeted out that this was some sort of attempt by Netenyahu (sp?) to "wag the dog of war" to take the eye off his own corruption issues.

Even that ahole Keith Olberman lashed out at him on that, and Tribe has since deleted the tweet and apologized for saying it. In reality, though, I have no doubt that he voiced the thoughts of lots of far-left "progressives."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2023, 02:11:36 PM »
'Every time. Like clockwork.': Leftwing media's predictable response to the terrorist attack on Israel
https://twitchy.com/chad-felix-greene/2023/10/07/every-time-like-clockwork-leftwing-medias-predictable-response-to-the-terrorist-attack-on-israel-n2388230

Typical leftist media response.  Make little if any comment about the actual terrorist attacks, but start laying in on the Israeli response before it even happens. 

Notice that it is the same response they have to crime and punishment.  They ignore the victim and criticize any attempt to go after or punish the criminal.

Remind me again which side is today holding "dead body parades" with naked dead women? The Israelis are not pure as the fresh driven snow, but I've never seen the IDF, with big grins on their faces,  publically descrate the corpses of civilians.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2023, 02:24:38 PM »
White House Issues Condemnation Of Attack Biden Funded
https://babylonbee.com/news/white-house-issues-condemnation-of-attack-biden-funded

I know it's hard to tell sometimes but that's from the Babylon Bee
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2023, 03:03:23 PM »
White House Issues Condemnation Of Attack Biden Funded
https://babylonbee.com/news/white-house-issues-condemnation-of-attack-biden-funded

I know it's hard to tell sometimes but that's from the Babylon Bee
I don't think Iran has had enough time to put that recently "unfrozen" 6 billion to work, assuming it's even reached their coffers. But didn't Biden resume some level of foreign aid to the "Palestinians" which had been halted by the previous administration?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain