Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 43722 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #1425 on: Today at 06:58:06 AM »
Yeah, that’s inconsistent with your previous claim. Administering a territory for the benefit of its inhabitants (which is legally what the British claimed to be doing) is not making the natives tenants rather than owners, nor does it grant ownership by conquest.

The conquest of the previous owners sure did though.

Since you brought up the Brits were "Administering a territory for the benefit of it's inhabitants"  (which is not quite what it said, but still) what was the other half of the Dual Mandate again?  Britain was supposed to "provide administrative advice and assistance by a Mandatory until such time as they are able to stand alone" and what else again?  Starts with a "B" and ends with "declaration".

It's also worth noting that Mandatory Palestine was the only Class A Mandate in the world that couldn't get it's *expletive deleted*it together and "stand alone" before WWII.

Nothing in there is inconsistant with my previous claim that "Palestine" as an Arab nation has never existed.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1426 on: Today at 07:31:20 AM »
The assumption you’re making is that there was some continuous presence there that somehow became Israel. Unless you accept the bible as authority, there is absolutely no such presence.
I would agree that there was no continuous Jewish government entity that became Israel.  Likewise, there was no continuous Palestinian government entity that could become Palestine.

There has been, however a continuous Jewish and non-Jewish presence in Israel for thousands of years.

So you accept the Palestinians right to keep their home, you just don’t accept their tactics?
Which specific Palestinians are we talking about?  And which "home" are they keeping?

Do I like the regular use of terror attacks - funded and encouraged by people with no interest in the wellbeing of the Palestinian people - to further the Palestinian cause?  No.

If your neighbours used terrorism to resist a Mexican takeover, I suppose you’d be out there condemning them and offering up your home out of shame?
No more than you have given up your house out of shame for how its land was taken from previous owners.

Jews who were forced out of the US allied gulf states definitely should have the right to return to their homelands.
Do they?

They are not and never have been a significant fraction of the Israeli population, which is almost entirely European immigrants within a single generation (including Russia).
;/  No.  Yes, Europeans made up the majority of immigrants, but hundreds of thousands of early immigrants were Jews that had been expelled by Muslim nations.  The Russian immigrants largely came post-USSR.

You’ve made a conclusion about Israeli land claims which is directly contradictory to your own views about your rights.
What, praytell, are my conclusions about Israeli land claims and my own views about rights?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1427 on: Today at 10:57:53 AM »
End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
This woman is a professor at University of California in Irvine. She seems stable.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1791075481158070615

Yep, perfectly stable
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes