Author Topic: How was your flight?  (Read 10514 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: How was your flight?
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2024, 08:26:17 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2024, 12:36:39 PM »
More landing gear fun
Article isn't clear on if the gear collapsed first causing the plane to veered off the runway or the plane veered off the runway then the gear collapsed

United Boeing 737 Max veers OFF the runway into the grass 'after gear collapse' at Houston airport: FAA launches new probe after litany of safety issues
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13174293/United-Boeing-737-Max-Houston-runway-grass.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2024, 12:52:19 PM »
Has anyone seen tracking of these events over time?  Just curious if it is getting progressively worse. 

I have heard some commenters talk about a competency crisis in some of these key industries. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2024, 12:54:04 PM »
While I no longer have much respect for Boeing, I believe they are unjustly getting a bad rap for some of these recent problems.  Many of the problems sound more like maintenance issues where people are doing stupid things like not following checklists and procedures. 
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2024, 04:54:29 PM »
Has anyone seen tracking of these events over time?  Just curious if it is getting progressively worse. 

I have heard some commenters talk about a competency crisis in some of these key industries.

I can say that here in Boeing country, the local media covers these stories in detail.  The local FB and Reddit pages are full of Boeing employees pointing out the difference between manufacturing issues while the plane is at the factory, and maintenance issues once the plane leaves the factory.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2024, 05:29:27 PM »
I can say that here in Boeing country, the local media covers these stories in detail.  The local FB and Reddit pages are full of Boeing employees pointing out the difference between manufacturing issues while the plane is at the factory, and maintenance issues once the plane leaves the factory.

And that should be pointed out by every news outlet that carries a story about a failure.  Manufacturing defects are one thing, lack of proper PM is a totally different thing - with different responsible parties.

A tire coming off could be one or the other; a defect factory installed bolt vs. someone forgot to tighten the lug nuts. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2024, 10:04:35 AM »
Testified about safely issues at Boeing then found dead in his truck. They say apparently by suicide
Cue the [tinfoil]

Boeing whistleblower John Barnett found dead days after testifying against company
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/boeing-whistleblower-john-barnett-found-dead-days-testifying-against-company
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2024, 02:43:47 PM »
I made sure to book my next work flight in April on American via Airbus
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2024, 04:25:48 PM »
I made sure to book my next work flight in April on American via Airbus

I think at this point I'd just stay away from United and call it good.  The majority of problems in the last three weeks have been on United flights, and that points to problems with their maintenance culture, not Boeing aircraft specifically.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2024, 08:57:11 PM »
Boeing Proudly Announces It Has Fixed Malfunctioning Whistleblower
https://babylonbee.com/news/boeing-proudly-announces-it-has-fixed-malfunctioning-whistleblower
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2024, 08:57:40 PM »
Terrorists Decide Against Hijacking Plane After Realizing It's A Boeing
https://babylonbee.com/news/terrorists-decide-against-hijacking-plane-after-realizing-its-a-boeing
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2024, 09:15:36 PM »
I think at this point I'd just stay away from United and call it good.  The majority of problems in the last three weeks have been on United flights, and that points to problems with their maintenance culture, not Boeing aircraft specifically.

I normally fly American anyway due to the fact that their flight availability out of Charlotte works great for my needs. I could also fly them out of GSP which is close to my house but the connecting flights are seldom ideal compared to just driving up to Charlotte which usually nets me a nonstop.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2024, 07:26:52 AM »
My nephew is a pilot for Envoy, American's regional, and he occasionally flies into Charlotte.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2024, 07:36:14 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2024, 01:24:25 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2024, 10:17:56 AM »
Interview with a Boeing "insider" on DEI and its affect on morale and efficiency. Take it for what you will.

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/04/05/death-by-dei-christopher-rufo-talks-to-boeing-insider-and-whoa-nelly-it-is-bad-n2394772
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2024, 10:30:24 AM »
On a max to Vegas this morning [tinfoil]
Formerly sumpnz

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2024, 10:39:16 AM »

What model carry-on parachute did you go with?  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2024, 10:50:16 AM »

Boeing has a new corporate slogan of hope...

"When one door closes, another one opens."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2024, 10:59:57 AM »
Boeing has a new corporate slogan of hope...

"When one door closes, another one opens."
Maybe another could be "when one bolt is tightened, another bolt loosens"? 

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2024, 01:57:38 PM »
What model carry-on parachute did you go with?  =D

Thankfully didn't need it.
Formerly sumpnz

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2024, 09:03:36 AM »
An interesting article in today's (4/8/2024) Seattle Times about what Boeing can do to recover.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeings-long-fall-and-how-it-might-recover/#comments

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2024, 09:14:21 AM »
Does it espouse the Boeing employees seizing the means of production from their fat cat overlords?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2024, 11:54:59 AM »
The article did emphasize Boeing should stop treating its workforce and suppliers as enemies in order to increase share price.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2024, 03:02:54 PM »
The article did emphasize Boeing should stop treating its workforce and suppliers as enemies in order to increase share price.
No thanks. Sounds to me like a lot of commie gobbledygook
7-11 was a part time job.