Author Topic: Walking dead season 2 tonight  (Read 72071 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Walking dead season 2 tonight
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2012, 02:26:20 PM »
I want to predict that the girl who is "in shock" turns out to be infected, especially after her zombie mother attacked her, even though there was no biting.
However, since every single person on the show has witnessed someone turning, it would be extremely stupid of everyone to not see that coming.

I agree, the farm probably goes to heck as the girl turns and the hero's are in town wasting lead and time.

... but how does the girl get the infection? you see them smearing smelly zombie blood on each other season one plus the girl didn't seem to be bitten or scratched.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2012, 02:29:25 PM »
He still doesn't know about the 1st time with his buddy.

I thought he knew. 

On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2012, 03:12:15 PM »
I thought he knew. 
Don't think so.

Also, Andrew Lincoln was on Letterman last night.

He is a Brit, his real last name is Clutterbuck, and he has quite the British accent.

His FIL is Ian Anderson, the flute-playing leader of Jethro Tull!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »
Nope, Rick knows, at the end of season two "Secrets" episode the wife confesses and Rick said he knew, I don't think Shane knows that Rick knows. Shane apparently believes the kid is his, She believes the kid is Ricks.  Probably little chance of DNA verification.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2012, 03:23:50 PM »
I agree, the farm probably goes to heck as the girl turns and the hero's are in town wasting lead and time.

... but how does the girl get the infection? you see them smearing smelly zombie blood on each other season one plus the girl didn't seem to be bitten or scratched.

They might have not shown her getting bit.  
You'd think when someone has those symptoms, the first thing you do is rip off their clothes and inspect them for damage, then tie them down jic.

Nope, Rick knows, at the end of season two "Secrets" episode the wife confesses and Rick said he knew, I don't think Shane knows that Rick knows. Shane apparently believes the kid is his, She believes the kid is Ricks.  Probably little chance of DNA verification.

Yep.

Back to the new episode, I was thourghouly impressed with Rick sacking up and being billy bad ass.  He didn't try and talk his way out of it.  He knew the score.  He knew that the two guys were bullies and saw him as the threat, and would use one of the other two to lead them back to the farm.  There is a zombie apocolypse gang leader in there, somewhere.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2012, 03:27:02 PM »
You'd think when someone has those symptoms, the first thing you do is rip off their clothes and inspect them for damage, then tie them down jic.

Yep.

Back to the new episode, I was thourghouly impressed with Rick sacking up and being billy bad ass.  He didn't try and talk his way out of it.  He knew the score.  He knew that the two guys were bullies and saw him as the threat, and would use one of the other two to lead them back to the farm.  There is a zombie apocolypse gang leader in there, somewhere.
Thanks for the clarification.

After the quick draw, Rick may yet be a leader.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2012, 03:30:34 PM »

!!! =D :cool: That's genius!!! I'm gonna use that line if I ever go on a date ever again, "s'cuse me miss but I need to be sure you're not a flesh eater in the larva stage-would you mind undressing while I get the restraints ready?"

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2012, 04:21:43 PM »

Yep.

Agreed on Rick. This episode recaptured some of the edginess and tension of the pilot, with the plot uncertainties and additional atmospheric music.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »
He still doesn't know about the 1st time with his buddy.
I am sure that her baby's real father will drop in the plot soon.
'Course, then there is that pesky little car accident, then roll over....and the unsecured revolver.......
We need more creative walker shooting!  =D

They covered that in the ending of last season

gunsmith

• friend
Walking dead season three, life on the farm.
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2012, 01:14:27 AM »
Decided to start new thread instead of adding to misleading "season 2" thread.

Shane used the same knife that he used to stab a walker in the head to slice his hand to smear the bus door to distract the walkers! :facepalm:

That was brought up during Talking Dead. ... either the writers goofed or they're gonna have to explain why Shane doesn't turn by next episode.

Lori continues to be quite dumb, but the hot sharpshooter gal gets in her two cents-I laughed out loud.

Pretty decent episode, except that its kind of unbelievable the injured kid hadn't spoke up before about going to school with Meg-if he did why didn't he bug out to the farm in the first place or try talking to Herschel while he was mending?

erictank

• friends
Re: Walking dead season three, life on the farm.
« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2012, 05:09:21 AM »
Decided to start new thread instead of adding to misleading "season 2" thread.

Shane used the same knife that he used to stab a walker in the head to slice his hand to smear the bus door to distract the walkers! :facepalm:

That was brought up during Talking Dead. ... either the writers goofed or they're gonna have to explain why Shane doesn't turn by next episode.

Lori continues to be quite dumb, but the hot sharpshooter gal gets in her two cents-I laughed out loud.

Pretty decent episode, except that its kind of unbelievable the injured kid hadn't spoke up before about going to school with Meg-if he did why didn't he bug out to the farm in the first place or try talking to Herschel while he was mending?

Technically this IS still Season 2.  Just the back half.

For Season 3 (16 episodes!), the Governor will rear his head up - and he's been cast already. David Morrissey, a British actor, will play the part.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2012, 08:08:04 AM »
How long does zombie blood stay effective?  Maybe Shane washed his knife before he used it on his hand.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2012, 08:32:22 AM »
Maybe Shane turns and becomes the first of a breed of super zombies.....  [popcorn]

Rick is becoming the hard nosed leader with a concious he needs to be finally.  Of course, I'm certain his wife will continue to be a dipshit.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

grampster

• friend
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2012, 08:36:41 AM »
I've tried watching that show.  It's really sort of boring and stupid.  All the characters do is whine and argue and once in awhile a rotting corpse staggers by. [popcorn]

Just sayin'
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2012, 08:43:02 AM »
"the Governor will rear his head up..."

What, Smith & Wesson is placing product in TV shows now?

I'm not sure why everyone gives Lori such a hard time. I think Andrea is a far bigger drag on the plot.

Interesting that last night's episode was quite cast limited.

No Herschel, no Glenn, no Daryl, no Dale, no Carol...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »
Speaking of the Governor, I shot one last Thursday during the S&W indoor IDPA match. That revolver is big!  The trigger was pretty decent, but I only got to fire six rounds of .45acp through it.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2012, 09:30:53 AM »
I've tried watching that show.  It's really sort of boring and stupid.  All the characters do is whine and argue and once in awhile a rotting corpse staggers by. [popcorn]

Just sayin'

Shut up Mabs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2012, 09:36:16 AM »
I'll say the same thing about the Gubonador that I said about the Joodge, which is the same thing I said about the Thudd 5 when it came out back in the early 1990s....

What the flying three-fingered *expletive deleted*ck are these morons thinking?

Let's take a huge gun, make it SEVERELY under powered with some ammunition, barely able to hit a barn with a bull's ass with other kinds of ammunition, make it impossible to conceal, and adopt a breathless series of advertising scenarios designed to make this thing look like it's a solution to a problem, when in fact it's a question no one in their right minds ever would have asked in the first place.

But, you know, one of these idiotic "handshotrevolverpistolguns" (not sure which one to use, as none of them really apply) just MIGHT be enough to get Shane eaten, so I'm all for one being written into the script.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2012, 10:09:13 AM »
The Gov is not a gun, but a person.  They've named an actor (can't recall his name, but he's a Brit).

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2012, 10:13:37 AM »
"The Gov is not a gun, but a person."

Duh.

David Morrissey.

What the hell is up with all the Brits in the cast? This makes two, possibly three.

I don't recall any Americans in 28 Days Later.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »
"The Gov is not a gun, but a person."

Duh.

David Morrissey.

What the hell is up with all the Brits in the cast? This makes two, possibly three.

I don't recall any Americans in 28 Days Later.

Uh, perhaps the Brits are more willing to work around smelly actors with poor dental hygiene?  =D

I also noted the short cast. Contract negotiations?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2012, 10:48:05 AM »
I'm not sure why everyone gives Lori such a hard time. I think Andrea is a far bigger drag on the plot.

I'm of the opinion that all the female characters are becoming a drag on the plot. They need a Zoey-like character.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2012, 11:56:53 AM »
I'm of the opinion that all the female characters are becoming a drag on the plot. They need a Zoey-like character.
Yea, that would be a plot saving move indeed.

I find it hard to buy the fact that Zombie scent becomes so much more acute (for blood).
Unless they are developing millions more scent receptors in their nose, it ain't happening.

Makes good TV, though.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2012, 12:26:21 PM »
"Uh, perhaps the Brits are more willing to work around smelly actors with poor dental hygiene?"

If people would simply accept universal health care, we wouldn't have to worry about zombies with decaying teeth.

"I find it hard to buy the fact that Zombie scent becomes so much more acute"

I find it hard to believe that, several months after "the event" that the zombies, with no functional circulatory or respiratory system, haven't rotted into puddles of goo.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »
"Uh, perhaps the Brits are more willing to work around smelly actors with poor dental hygiene?"

If people would simply accept universal health care, we wouldn't have to worry about zombies with decaying teeth.

"I find it hard to buy the fact that Zombie scent becomes so much more acute"

I find it hard to believe that, several months after "the event" that the zombies, with no functional circulatory or respiratory system, haven't rotted into puddles of goo.

:facepalm:
Zombies never really made sense......except for democratzombies.  [popcorn] [popcorn]  They don't rot away; but they do cause society to rot away.  [popcorn] :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero