Author Topic: Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.  (Read 29026 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Walking dead premiers in 31 minutes.
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »
I thought he said starving.  Also read it in terms of "without food", not implying they were starving at that moment in time.

Chris

*expletive deleted*it.  I already deleted it too.  Ill see if I can pull it up online.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2012, 05:31:34 PM »

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2012, 05:36:56 PM »
*expletive deleted*.  I already deleted it too.  Ill see if I can pull it up online.

I took it to mean that the walkers with missing jaws were starving.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2012, 07:16:13 PM »

#%#$#$ Killjoy.    :mad:

Maybe it's zombie grass. . . . . .
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2012, 07:20:54 PM »
The zombies shuffling around all over the place have stomped it down. Also, with the zombie apocalypse and all going on, no one's been watering and fertilizing. So it grows slower.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2012, 07:28:35 PM »
The zombies shuffling around all over the place have stomped it down. Also, with the zombie apocalypse and all going on, no one's been watering and fertilizing. So it grows slower.

Sorry, the answer was roving herds of zombie sheep, and you failed to phrase your answer in the form of a question.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2012, 07:53:30 PM »
I dunno bout you, but I aint seen no sheep. And if there had been sheep or cows they'd have been fertilizing the grass and causing it to grow faster
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2012, 08:39:59 PM »

Illegals....doing the jobs that zombies won't....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2012, 08:52:25 PM »
As the zombies decay, they're probably dripping a bit on the grass . . . enough to keep it green.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2012, 07:26:22 AM »
Yes. And the Governor's aquarium freaked me out a little.

He is one sick puppy.  I wonder what the outcome will be when he and Lori's insignificant other eventually clash?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2012, 09:28:07 AM »
He is one sick puppy.  I wonder what the outcome will be when he and Lori's insignificant other eventually clash?

If past is prologue, I should think a long, heated argument followed by a sudden, violent death.  =D
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2012, 09:39:01 AM »
Yes. And the Governor's aquarium freaked me out a little.

I'm concerned by the looks Andrea keeps giving him. She has the potential to be the power-hungry sort. If she teams up with him, I will have completely lost all respect for the women in this show. Now if she's watching him to size him up and end his reign of terror, then I'll be happy.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2012, 01:45:51 PM »
I'm thoroughly dismayed by this "Governor" character and his plan.

A world like this, a group of NG soldiers alive are worth far more than the piddly amount of gear in their trucks.  Yeah, maybe they scored a few thousand rounds of ammo and half a dozen rifles or light machine guns.  And a freaking pilot?  That's worth a LOT.  Same would go for farmers or ranchers or skilled machinists or carpenters.  I bet those NG guys had some interesting MOS's between them.  Valuable ones.

When the dead vastly outnumber the living, you don't go around killing more of the living unless you absolutely cannot come to some sort of peaceful arrangement.

The food in the back of those NG trucks won't last that community more than a week or two.  Packaged stores of food around the country or the world won't do anyone any good pretty soon, due to spoilage or damage from foragers... it's time to rebuild something sensible.  Time to do some large-scale gardening, greenhousing for the winters, scaling up to true farming the next year.

And every bullet spent ending the life of an unknown human with an unknown skillset, brings your community or even humanity that much closer to a full stop.

A pilot!?!  He could scout the area in a 100 mile radius for salvageable tractors, disc plows, dairy farms with cattle still around them or fertilizer to collect, or whatever.  And do it in a day.

Instead, the Governor got himself a backlit fishtank with another severed head.  I dunno, maybe the pilot died naturally from his wounds.  But I doubt it, given the way that the other NG soldiers were dispatched with no compunction.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2012, 01:51:45 PM »
I was thinking about that and you know what detail you can focus on... they were deserters!  When things got rough in their last settlement, when they were needed most, they grabbed the most important gear they could and abandoned everyone!  And the thing about a deserter, they not only betrayed the last group, they could never be trusted to be a member of the new settlement; be it by their example or the risk they pose of repeating their betrayal.  There are good reasons why deserters were killed by all sides historically... and in game of thrones. 

Ned Hamford, Devil's Advocate  >:D
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »
I was thinking about that and you know what detail you can focus on... they were deserters!  When things got rough in their last settlement, when they were needed most, they grabbed the most important gear they could and abandoned everyone!  And the thing about a deserter, they not only betrayed the last group, they could never be trusted to be a member of the new settlement; be it by their example or the risk they pose of repeating their betrayal.  There are good reasons why deserters were killed by all sides historically... and in game of thrones. 

Ned Hamford, Devil's Advocate  >:D

I don't remember anything about them being deserters.  When did that get revealed?

And in any case, Governor didn't come back to town and say "we delivered swift and sweet Justice upon a group of NG deserters."  Instead he came back to town with the gear and said "oops, no one was left alive so we took these tools and supplies."  Nevermind the whole pre-emptive killing and waving a white flag to create a false sense of security.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2012, 02:07:41 PM »
I'm thoroughly dismayed by this "Governor" character and his plan.

A world like this, a group of NG soldiers alive are worth far more than the piddly amount of gear in their trucks.  Yeah, maybe they scored a few thousand rounds of ammo and half a dozen rifles or light machine guns.  And a freaking pilot?  That's worth a LOT.  Same would go for farmers or ranchers or skilled machinists or carpenters.  I bet those NG guys had some interesting MOS's between them.  Valuable ones.

When the dead vastly outnumber the living, you don't go around killing more of the living unless you absolutely cannot come to some sort of peaceful arrangement.

The food in the back of those NG trucks won't last that community more than a week or two.  Packaged stores of food around the country or the world won't do anyone any good pretty soon, due to spoilage or damage from foragers... it's time to rebuild something sensible.  Time to do some large-scale gardening, greenhousing for the winters, scaling up to true farming the next year.

And every bullet spent ending the life of an unknown human with an unknown skillset, brings your community or even humanity that much closer to a full stop.

A pilot!?!  He could scout the area in a 100 mile radius for salvageable tractors, disc plows, dairy farms with cattle still around them or fertilizer to collect, or whatever.  And do it in a day.

Instead, the Governor got himself a backlit fishtank with another severed head.  I dunno, maybe the pilot died naturally from his wounds.  But I doubt it, given the way that the other NG soldiers were dispatched with no compunction.

I'm thinking that's the point.  Governor isn't a smart guy in that way. He's a tinpot dictator with delusions of grandeur and no plans on rebuilding a good society. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »
I'm thinking that's the point.  Governor isn't a smart guy in that way. He's a tinpot dictator with delusions of grandeur and no plans on rebuilding a good society. 

Which means that his "command staff" (if you can call them that) are also short on vision and ethics too.

Stoopid people don't lead groups like this unless the rest of the group are equally bone-headed. 
--Lysander Spooner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2012, 02:29:05 PM »
Which means that his "command staff" (if you can call them that) are also short on vision and ethics too.

Stoopid people don't lead groups like this unless the rest of the group are equally bone-headed. 

Or too scared to revolt. They're voting lesser of two evils.
JD

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »

How far do we really have to look for people promoted into leadership roles who substitute self-confidence for competence, and get away with it for a time?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »
Or too scared to revolt. They're voting lesser of two evils.

Gee. That sounds downright familiar.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2012, 07:24:20 PM »
Gee. That sounds downright familiar.

Think if they get to close in their allusion to the current state of national politics it'll get the show shut down like Jericho?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2012, 08:10:38 PM »

It looks like his town was populated mostly by women  or men he could intimidate. He wasn't going to bring in NG soldiers that might challenge his author-ah-tay.

I think there is something to the women in the town- he keeeps them unarmed, probably keeps them mainly as his personal harem.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2012, 01:24:25 AM »
It looked to me that when Michonne said she wanted her weapons and the gov said that "they'll be outside the gate for you to pick up" that she was thinking "right, that's when you'll kill me"

My prediction is Merle will realize the error of his ways, confess to Andrea and Michonne and help them to escape and join them to find Daryl ... and as soon as he finds him do something really dumb, get his brother bit and the rest of the group will unite to kill Merle.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2012, 01:28:53 AM »
I'm concerned by the looks Andrea keeps giving him. She has the potential to be the power-hungry sort. If she teams up with him, I will have completely lost all respect for the women in this show. Now if she's watching him to size him up and end his reign of terror, then I'll be happy.

Michonne is sizing him up and probably is familiar with molon labe - she's an awesome sword fighter.
Andrea didn't know how to shoot until she hooked up with Shane, so she'll undoubtedly hook up with the gov until Michonne kicks her dumb butt.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2012, 07:56:43 AM »
It looks like his town was populated mostly by women  or men he could intimidate. He wasn't going to bring in NG soldiers that might challenge his author-ah-tay.

I think there is something to the women in the town- he keeeps them unarmed, probably keeps them mainly as his personal harem.
Prediction has merit, IMHO.
JD