Author Topic: This could get Interesting  (Read 54307 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: This could get Interesting
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »
What - five years after everyone went out of business...?  =|

Does anyone recall the "housing bubble" of about 10 years ago?  That lumber had to come from somewhere.

There was a little economic downturn from late 87 to the mid 90's, perhaps that had something to do with the reduced demand for timber at the time.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: This could get Interesting
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2014, 04:51:51 PM »
Not just unethical. Said turtles picked up different bacteria and pathogens than wild turtles. The smartest thing would have been to leave all the turtles in a huge but enclosed open area optimized for turtles. Then you could just open the gate and let them go. 

Maybe pick a couple sacrificial lambs for the mandatory "let the humans touch the 'wild' animal" fundraising and PR aspects. Serve as turtle soup as they're finished serving as noble sacrifices to the PR deities.  But if you touch and play around with the whole lot? Start feeding them different stuff? Yep. Gotta put them down, or you'll potentially spread a pathogen that'll wipe out the whole species.

You too cannot expect love from the jonesian lunatic fringe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2014, 04:54:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the folks who actually witnessed the flares being set off did report it to no avail.  They are dead now so I can't ask them anymore.

It was really strange how a fire got started in early summer immediately following one of the deepest snow winters on record.  ;/

Oh wait... you didn't actually see it? But someone's cousins boyfriend's brother did and word got back to you? You can expect that infowars t shirt in the mail.  No return address sent to general delivery

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2014, 05:02:33 PM »
Oh wait... you didn't actually see it? But someone's cousins boyfriend's brother did and word got back to you? You can expect that infowars t shirt in the mail.  No return address sent to general delivery

No, the people who saw it were highly respected pioneers, the biggest landowner in the area, and good friends.

So I'll thank you to take your damn accusations and shove them back up your ass  :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
Re:
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2014, 05:03:19 PM »
Heres his daughter's "explanation"   can someone tell me who they bought the original rights from? God forbid show an example of the documents
http://viralsurvival.com/2014/04/15/cliven-bundys-daughter-shiree-bundy-cox-explains-why-the-blm-came-for-her-father/

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2014, 05:58:56 PM »
What - five years after everyone went out of business...?

These are probably former small specialty business owners.
"We never g0t anybody in here after 5, so we started closing at 4:30."  Never mind they previously closed at 5:30 and everybody who can afford their product can afford it specifically because they work until 5 or 6.

• friends
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2014, 06:01:19 PM »
No, the people who saw it were highly respected pioneers, the biggest landowner in the area, and good friends.

So I'll thank you to take your damn accusations and shove them back up your ass  :mad:

so none of these highly respected pioneer biggest landowners spoke up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2014, 06:41:22 PM »

He already answered your question, there, Cletus. Snark fail.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2014, 06:45:51 PM »

Reminds me of the respected old farmers who talk about the Iowa DNR having black helicopters and releasing cougars and rattlesnakes in the middle of the night.

Uranus is a gas giant.

• friends
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2014, 06:56:14 PM »
and the revolution is lead by men of real character

"Sheriff Richard Mack, former sheriff of Grahm County, Arizona and current director of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, its chief spokesman, and regular speaker at numerous Tea Party (which I endorse, BTW) events, said something on the news this morning (April 14, 2014) that has caused me to lose ALL respect for Sheriff Mack and the CSPOA.org He said:
"We were actually strategizing to put all of the women up at the front. If they are gonna start shooting, its gonna be women that are televised all across the world getting shot by these rouge federal officers."

makes a feller proud

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2014, 07:09:50 PM »
and the revolution is lead by men of real character

"Sheriff Richard Mack, former sheriff of Grahm County, Arizona and current director of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, its chief spokesman, and regular speaker at numerous Tea Party (which I endorse, BTW) events, said something on the news this morning (April 14, 2014) that has caused me to lose ALL respect for Sheriff Mack and the CSPOA.org He said:
"We were actually strategizing to put all of the women up at the front. If they are gonna start shooting, its gonna be women that are televised all across the world getting shot by these rouge federal officers."

makes a feller proud

I shudder to think what derision you would heap on someone posting an inflammatory quote with no attribution, if it showed cops in a negative light. The sarcastic question of whether the poster was ignorant or intentionally lying! The liberal use of fantasize and imagine, as well as admonitions that you are using those words advisedly! But I'm sure you saw it on facebook and it confirms your bias though, so it's totally legit.

Hypocrisy pointed out, i shall now return to my policy of not feeding the troll.  :-*
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2014, 07:13:04 PM »
Reminds me of the respected old farmers who talk about the Iowa DNR having black helicopters and releasing cougars and rattlesnakes in the middle of the night.

Did you correct them that the helicopters are dark green.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

• friends
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2014, 07:16:31 PM »
I shudder to think what derision you would heap on someone posting an inflammatory quote with no attribution, if it showed cops in a negative light. The sarcastic question of whether the poster was ignorant or intentionally lying! The liberal use of fantasize and imagine, as well as admonitions that you are using those words advisedly! But I'm sure you saw it on facebook and it confirms your bias though, so it's totally legit.

Hypocrisy pointed out, i shall now return to my policy of not feeding the troll.  :-*

i thought you woulda heard it before me
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/14/former-arizona-sheriff-reveals-chilling-strategy-to-put-women-up-at-the-front-during-bundy-ranch-standoff/

• friends
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2014, 07:34:28 PM »
sheriff joe not feeling the love for militia
right wing extremist heads exploding is just as good as left wing

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/21/famed-arizona-sheriff-sends-ominous-verbal-warning-shot-to-armed-militias/

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2014, 07:35:50 PM »
Did you correct them that the helicopters are dark green.

jim

I try not to make eye contact, if you do then you hear about how their cousin's neighbor shot a cougar that was stalking their sheep herd and buried it but it had a GPS collar on it and the fish cops showed up and dug up the body.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2014, 07:44:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAwALTdrMZ8

Keep it mind that BLM can regulate land the same way the ATF regulates firearms.  "Sporting Use" anyone?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

• friends
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2014, 07:57:19 PM »
I try not to make eye contact, if you do then you hear about how their cousin's neighbor shot a cougar that was stalking their sheep herd and buried it but it had a GPS collar on it and the fish cops showed up and dug up the body.

They didn't notice the collar?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2014, 07:58:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAwALTdrMZ8

Keep it mind that BLM can regulate land the same way the ATF regulates firearms.  "Sporting Use" anyone?

But it doesn't happen overnight, takes a long time to approve the management plans for the land. Most people unless they are directly involved with said BLM parcel never hear about it until something like the Bundy incident happens. If you are that concerned about the activity of all the Gov Agencies, see the https://www.federalregister.gov/, react before it hits the MSM. Step up and do something instead of complaining online about it after something happens.

Did you know that a local grassroots support from all walks of life shut down oil and gas leasing on the front range of the Rockies in WY? The USFS and BLM was all set to start selling leases and the locals and other groups put a stop to it, even old leases that weren't being used were cancelled. http://www.wyomingoutdoorcouncil.org/html/what_we_do/public_lands/bridger_teton.shtml

Uranus is a gas giant.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2014, 07:59:23 PM »
sheriff joe not feeling the love for militia
right wing extremist heads exploding is just as good as left wing

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/21/famed-arizona-sheriff-sends-ominous-verbal-warning-shot-to-armed-militias/

According to court records, the deputy and his partner stopped their vehicle, then flashed their headlights and honked their horn, a common practice used by law enforcement to trick drug smugglers into thinking the car is there to transfer their narcotics load and lure them out of hiding.

Law enforcement behaving just like drug smugglers to trick other drug smugglers, can't understand why a person might of thought he was witnessing a drug smuggler. ;/

The deputies then got out, also dressed in camouflage but clearly marked with sheriff’s patches on their clothing, and began to track what appeared to be fresh footprints, authorities said.

That’s when Malley emerged from the darkness with his rifle raised “yelling commands,” according to the probable cause statement.

The deputy, illuminated by Malley’s flashlight at this point, identified himself as law enforcement, pointing out the “word sheriff across his chest,” and ordered Malley to drop his weapon.

So "clearly" being he had one of those patches across his chest. Says Malley "emerged from the darkness", was this night? Can't understand why Malley just might not of seen the police patch; night time and was hiding so as to be able to get the drop on a possible drug smuggler which means he just might not of been in a position to see the patch to begin with.

Another deputy eventually arrived and arrested Malley for aggravated assault.

Aggrevated assault? WTF? ???

“I have to commend my deputy for not killing this person, which easily could have happened,” Arpaio said. “He’s lucky he didn’t see 30 rounds fired into him.”

I wonder just how that would of happened? The deputy was caught with his pants down. More like the deputy is lucky he was filled with lead, because we all know how those crazy militia types are just looking for an excuse to kill people.

Glenn Spencer, president of American Border Patrol, a civilian group which operates from a ranch along the Mexican border in southern Arizona, won’t condemn the actions of private armed militia organizations, but he also doesn’t recommend it.

“It’s a free country. They’re not violating any law. They’re not trespassing,” said Spencer, whose group uses technology, including sensors and unmanned aircraft rather than boots on the ground to monitor the border.

Who are these people? Also, the bolded part.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2014, 08:18:24 PM »
Most people unless they are directly involved with said BLM parcel never hear about it until something like the Bundy incident happens.

Bolded QFT.   Seriously?!?!  In addition to everything else I have to do as a small business owner, I have to constantly scan the federal register to see if Uncle Sugar is going to stick his big green weenie in my little bunghole?    How many people here do this?  How many people new to check the EPA's website to see when they were going to regulate lead ammo out of existence?   Someone else (One "someone else) found it and word spread like wildfire.  How many other times have the feds done rules making, yeah they "posted" it and hoped that no one would see it. 

It reminds me of this:

"But the plans were on display . . ."
"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."
"That's the display department."
"With a torch."
"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."
"So had the stairs."
"But look, you found the notice, didn't you?"
"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying Beware of the Leopard."

You put a lot more faith in bureaucrats running things then I do.  You want "Land Management"?!?!  I give you two words "Ft. McClellan".  Or here's to better ones for "Soviet Union".
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2014, 08:23:04 PM »
Bolded QFT.   Seriously?!?!  In addition to everything else I have to do as a small business owner, I have to constantly scan the federal register to see if Uncle Sugar is going to stick his big green weenie in my little bunghole?    How many people here do this?  How many people new to check the EPA's website to see when they were going to regulate lead ammo out of existence?   Someone else (One "someone else) found it and word spread like wildfire.  How many other times have the feds done rules making, yeah they "posted" it and hoped that no one would see it. 

It reminds me of this:

You put a lot more faith in bureaucrats running things then I do.  You want "Land Management"?!?!  I give you two words "Ft. McClellan".  Or here's to better ones for "Soviet Union".

That is why people join various groups (such as Ohio Soybean Growers Association*) that have paid staff to check the federal registry (and other sources of information) to make sure that their members are informed.

*I picked that because of a press release they released and someone sent me.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2014, 09:05:30 PM »
Since that is from 1997, how did it all end up?

NPS took over that part of the island for pennies on the dollar. The superintendent, after other not quite as egregious, but numerous incidents, was laterally transferred (gov speak for "we can't get rid of him so we'll "promote" him and stick him in an office by himself") and later retired. The supervisory ranger was teflon and retired about five years ago. Nice guy in person and off the clock, but like most LE on the enviro side, a bit overzealous on LE for revenue enhancement, and certainly a proponent of non-consumptive users over consumptive users.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2014, 09:08:21 PM »
Since that is from 1997, how did it all end up?

If you really cared you should have ben paying attention when it happened.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams