Author Topic: This could get Interesting  (Read 54324 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »
Bundy promised to shoot . On video.  And the "crowd"hes got 52 grandkids 14 kids. How many weren't kin? Stupid kin but kin. I expect him to commit suicide by cop but I hope they jail him. Real suicide is a mormon bozo nono.
And ain't it odd the Nevada cattlemens assoc doesn't play with him?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
Re:
« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2014, 10:59:51 AM »
You couldn't ask for a better poster child for the disturbed than cliven and his kin
http://mobile.rawstory.com/all/2014-04-16-cliven-bundy-threatens-violence-against-federal-agents-as-sean-hannity-eggs-him-on#1

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: This could get Interesting
« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2014, 11:11:30 AM »
The Sagebrush Rebellion did have a history of violence towards government agencies and employees. How would of you felt if a couple BLM employees showed up to round up the cattle and they were killed by the Bundy clan and followers? Would you support a para military assault on the Bundy Ranch then?

Then they show up with one or two cops, not a "shock and awe" force. Or if there really were credible threats, not just bluster from the Bundys, then you might "for the safety of our personnel", not show up at all, and continue working through the courts. There was no threat to human life that required BLM to absolutely have to be there if their lives were in danger. This is about cows and money.

I would absolutely not support a "paramilitary" assault on the ranch, even if Bundy himself shot someone. That's how you get more innocent people killed. Unless that's now an okay way to "get your man", sorta like Randy Weaver's wife.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2014, 11:28:35 AM »
Guys, you know that anyone who's every worked on a ranch is laughing their heads off at both of you, right?  You're nitpicking each other to death over conspiracy-theorist BS semantics.  If you want to know what the real problem is, and why things happened the way they did, why don't you tritty-trot your happy city behinds down to the nearest real ranch and ask?  I can tell you with absolute certainty they won't be discussing force/scale/response ratios specific to this incident.  They will be talking about things like, oh, systematic destruction of their way of life with this just being the latest and most public example.

The BLM (and government in general) has been pushing ranchers around for decades, all with the willing aid of ass-ignorant Americans who's ideas about ranching comes from watching City Slickers.  Finally someone stands up to the sorry SOBs and the best you clowns can do is sit around running them down and trying to out-infowar each other? 

Now, when you're finished fighting over which of you has the better seat on the see-saw, can we clear the playground so the other kids can come out?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2014, 11:32:54 AM »
I, for one, welcome our new safely and responsibly raised imported Chinese "beef".
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2014, 11:44:27 AM »
Guys, you know that anyone who's every worked on a ranch is laughing their heads off at both of you, right? 

Brad

What did I do?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2014, 11:47:34 AM »
What did I do?

I like blanket statements.  Gives me a false sense of superiority and feeds my pseudo-megalomaniacal tendencies.    =D [ar15]

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2014, 11:48:25 AM »
I wonder if some folks on this thread have ever read extensively on the history of the Founding Fathers (let alone the rank and file fighting the Brits), as individuals? I guess you're only allowed to object to the .gov thugs when you're of a sainted character.  ;/ That guy Koresh was a real bastard too, so it was totally his fault that the feds burned all those people alive and shot the women and children running out of the buildings. Randy Weaver? Total racist, so the feds had no choice but to murder his family.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2014, 11:50:32 AM »
I like blanket statements.  Gives me a false sense of superiority and feeds my pseudo-megalomaniacal tendencies.    =D [ar15]

Brad

Well, as long as you recognize it... :P  =D

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »
Guys, you know that anyone who's every worked on a ranch is laughing their heads off at both of you, right?  You're nitpicking each other to death over conspiracy-theorist BS semantics.  If you want to know what the real problem is, and why things happened the way they did, why don't you tritty-trot your happy city behinds down to the nearest real ranch and ask?  I can tell you with absolute certainty they won't be discussing force/scale/response ratios specific to this incident.  They will be talking about things like, oh, systematic destruction of their way of life with this just being the latest and most public example.

The BLM (and government in general) has been pushing ranchers around for decades, all with the willing aid of ass-ignorant Americans who's ideas about ranching comes from watching City Slickers.  Finally someone stands up to the sorry SOBs and the best you clowns can do is sit around running them down and trying to out-infowar each other? 

Now, when you're finished fighting over which of you has the better seat on the see-saw, can we clear the playground so the other kids can come out?

Brad

FINALLY, someone injects a perspective that projects what the "bigger picture" behind this Bundy situation really is.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »
What did I do?

I'm trying to figure that out also.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2014, 12:06:01 PM »
Replace BLM with private land owner. How would you side with the private landowner if Bundy's cattle were grazing on it and Bundy refusing the pay rent.

Uranus is a gas giant.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #237 on: April 16, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »
If there was in  fact a bigger perspective the lds church and Nevada cattlemens assoc would be all over this. They want no part of him. gor good reason. Watching folks on the right rally to a fraud is just as funny as when its folks on the left. Equally as myopic

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #238 on: April 16, 2014, 12:08:40 PM »
Then they show up with one or two cops, not a "shock and awe" force. Or if there really were credible threats, not just bluster from the Bundys, then you might "for the safety of our personnel", not show up at all, and continue working through the courts. There was no threat to human life that required BLM to absolutely have to be there if their lives were in danger. This is about cows and money.

I would absolutely not support a "paramilitary" assault on the ranch, even if Bundy himself shot someone. That's how you get more innocent people killed. Unless that's now an okay way to "get your man", sorta like Randy Weaver's wife.

Bundy acted like he had a force of faithful followers that were going to show up and side with him. Hell, even the picture in the Washington Times show a protester aiming a rifle towards the line.

Uranus is a gas giant.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #239 on: April 16, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »
Even breitbart acknowledges the harry reid chinese story was bull but folks are still pushing it. Heck look in this thread. The more manure you shovel for your side yhe more it shows your weakness. From rhe beginning the bull was pretty one sided

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2014, 12:41:54 PM »
Why does everyone assume Bundy has to be some sort of virginal pure-as-driven-snow saint in this to justify some support?
He is reportedly the last rancher in that county -- because the government has been driving ranchers there out of business ~~ and using the funding derived from grazing fees to accomplish this.
Wouldn't that cause anyone to be resentful of the government's actions?
Since when is it the purpose of our government, or any of its agencies, to do harm to the citizens?   I thought the purpose of government was supposed to be both minimal and beneficial....but then maybe I still believe in Santa Claus.
Bundy may have a few pimples.  After Ruby Ridge & Waco I'd say our government has worse.

Just be careful of the media .... and  [tinfoil] low hanging fruit  [tinfoil] when dealing with cattle and bull :angel: .......
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

• friends
Re:
« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2014, 12:44:37 PM »
Why is anyone believing anything he says? Time after time he has lied
Or those in his camp have

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #242 on: April 16, 2014, 12:45:44 PM »
TG: any time the .gov does something bad, CSD just tries character assassination on the victim. It's the "bitch had it coming" method of argumentation. Best to ignore it. I can only assume Charby is joining him because he views BLM as a potential ally or future employer.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #243 on: April 16, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »
Replace BLM with private land owner. How would you side with the private landowner if Bundy's cattle were grazing on it and Bundy refusing the pay rent.

Replace King George with any randomly selected colonist.  Makes as much sense. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #245 on: April 16, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »

Well, first off, the private landowner charges lease fees based on market forces and what the market will bear, so kind of apples and oranges.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #246 on: April 16, 2014, 01:14:33 PM »
I can only assume Charby is joining him because he views BLM as a potential ally or future employer.
No not at all. I think Mr. Bundy had all the chances in the world to be compliant (with peaceful resolution) and choose otherwise. No man is above the law, whether you agree with the law or not. I don't want anarchy, I do think about resource usage past my lifetime and how a poor decision today can cause devastation in the future long after I am gone.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #247 on: April 16, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »
Replace King George with any randomly selected colonist.  Makes as much sense. 

Using your rational: Okay lets give all the land back to the Natives and everyone go back to your ancestor's home land.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #248 on: April 16, 2014, 01:19:47 PM »
No not at all. I think Mr. Bundy had all the chances in the world to be compliant (with peaceful resolution) and choose otherwise. No man is above the law, whether you agree with the law or not. I don't want anarchy, I do think about resource usage past my lifetime and how a poor decision today can cause devastation in the future long after I am gone.

What are your thoughts on the American Revolution? How about civil disobedience against segregation or miscegenation laws? The Underground Railroad, which directly violated the Fugitive Slave laws?

Cause I'm pretty sure your "No man is above the law" schtick, while very noble and principled sounding, is really more like "No man is above the laws that I don't dislike that much."

Using your rational: Okay lets give all the land back to the Natives and everyone go back to your ancestor's home land.

Which natives? Most of the tribal lines at the time of the colonists arrival were drawn by conquest. Hell, the Apaches literally genocided the Anasazi off the face of the earth in their blitzkrieg up from Central America.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #249 on: April 16, 2014, 01:30:59 PM »
Which natives? Most of the tribal lines at the time of the colonists arrival were drawn by conquest. Hell, the Apaches literally genocided the Anasazi off the face of the earth in their blitzkrieg up from Central America.

So did every other group of people in the rest of the world.

Uranus is a gas giant.