Author Topic: Jackboots Need To Watch Where They Tread  (Read 15670 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Jackboots Need To Watch Where They Tread
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 02:32:01 PM »
Just linked it on Facebook aps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How about linking it here where the actual conversation is taking place.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 04:28:56 PM »
http://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/86327539504/laughterkey-heyveronica-this-is-a-photo-of

The link he mentioned.

Yep, I recognize that as a carbine buttstock mark. I've had it on my shoulder before, never on my neck.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 06:10:25 PM »
Federal Agents redirected secuirty cameras so they could conduct their raid free from video recording:

That's a good reason, IMO, to have some much more discreet cameras sending to offsite storage.  Even if they do find them eventually, you'll already have a fair amount of their activity recorded.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 12:40:13 AM »
http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/189130/

According to the comments in this article, the name of the magistrate who issued the shady retract-your-claims-against-the-cops bond requirement is B. Dwight Goains.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 08:38:00 AM »
How is this different from the past? Lets see, gov beating the *expletive deleted* of hippies, beating striking workers, beating non whites, imprisoning Japanese Americans, forcing Natives on to reservations, etc.

Its nothing new, just have this thing called the internet that shits out information and disinformation every waking nanosecond. 

:laugh: Mind if I quote that in my sig line?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

erictank

• friends
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »
That's a good reason, IMO, to have some much more discreet cameras sending to offsite storage.  Even if they do find them eventually, you'll already have a fair amount of their activity recorded.

This, in spades. Fisheye cameras tucked in the corners, stuff blended in the walls, whatever. First "out-in-the-open" camera gets turned to face the wall, you know there's something about to go down that they don't want presented in their trial.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Jackboots Need To Watch Where They Tread
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2014, 08:54:56 AM »
So what your saying Charby is that we should just ignore violations of constitutional rights by .gov agents?

Ex post facto search warrants (doesn't matter if the search gets tossed or even if charges are leveled, they have copied his hard drives by now.)

Blatant physical abuse.  

Plus let's step on some more of your rights by making you recant and apologize as a condition of bail.

"Just sign here Comrade, admit your guilt and we'll go easy on you."

Sorry, not what I swore an oath to uphold.  And these thugs (yes, Jackbooted Thugs) are violating it.  And Ill be damned if I'll be silent about it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/05/21/arrestee-alleges-government-misconduct-federal-magistrate-orders-arrestee-to-apologize-and-recant-as-a-condition-of-bail/
I think that search will stick especially depending on when they found his shrooms. Other similar ones have . Blatant violence? That depends on which narrative is true. Shrooms boy's story had evolved as he went along too.
Her recant? It was inevitable.  She wasn't there yet when sis got stupid. You are a moron to make an allegation you can't support like she did. I think her recantation was smartest thing she did so far. She fortunate they didn't pull her bond on raid 2's felony. Shes got a real serious lawyer.  Her rights are well protected and shes well advised. Whether shes smart enough to listen is questionable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:49:07 AM by cassandra and sara's daddy »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »
:laugh: Mind if I quote that in my sig line?

Sure, just don't take it out of context. :)
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2014, 12:44:12 AM »
No its a broken record of the cops are evil *expletive deleted* out to harm everyone except liberals.

I don't think they especially favor liberals. Bad cops are bad cops for everyone they encounter. Sadly, the way police academies are being run these days, it seems the goal is to produce as many jack-booted thugs as possible ... and then brainwash them into believing that anything they do is acceptable in the hallowed name of "officer safety."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2014, 01:20:00 AM »
I think that search will stick especially depending on when they found his shrooms.

I haven't read that found any alleged "shrooms" in his apartment.   Please link to where you found this.

Other similar ones have .
Any first year law student should be able to get it tossed.  Ex Post Facto.  Anything seized is fruit of the poisoned tree.

Blatant violence? That depends on which narrative is true. Shrooms boy's story had evolved as he went along too.

I've only seen stories of that the two witnesses corroborate the story of the victim.  Again please link to where you found this (and not blog posts from people spinning hypotheticals.)

Her recant? It was inevitable.  She wasn't there yet when sis got stupid. You are a moron to make an allegation you can't support like she did. I think her recantation was smartest thing she did so far. She fortunate they didn't pull her bond on raid 2's felony. Shes got a real serious lawyer.  Her rights are well protected and shes well advised. Whether shes smart enough to listen is questionable.

Actually that was a pretty smart move.  Forced to recant and apologize (Did she also have to say she loves Big Brother?) under threat of imprisonment, nicely done JBT's !!  Volokh (who has a pretty good eye for these things), sees it as pretty much unconstitutional.  I predict the entire case will be thrown out and I see a huge payday in her future.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2014, 01:58:33 AM »
I haven't read that found any alleged "shrooms" in his apartment.   Please link to where you found this.
 Any first year law student should be able to get it tossed.  Ex Post Facto.  Anything seized is fruit of the poisoned tree.

I've only seen stories of that the two witnesses corroborate the story of the victim.  Again please link to where you found this (and not blog posts from people spinning hypotheticals.)

Actually that was a pretty smart move.  Forced to recant and apologize (Did she also have to say she loves Big Brother?) under threat of imprisonment, nicely done JBT's !!  Volokh (who has a pretty good eye for these things), sees it as pretty much unconstitutional.  I predict the entire case will be thrown out and I see a huge payday in her future.

Getting tired of paying for the dumbassery of JBTs.  How about we make the JBT who likes to hurt women pay in some fashion?  Prison, maybe.  Fines.  Community service.  Something.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2014, 09:17:19 AM »
Getting tired of paying for the dumbassery of JBTs.  How about we make the JBT who likes to hurt women pay in some fashion?  Prison, maybe.  Fines.  Community service.  Something.
Best idea I have heard is have these kinds of fines come out of the police pension fund. Watch how quickly the issue self-corrects after that.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2014, 09:45:21 AM »

<Insert ban worthy idea here>
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends
Jackboots Need To Watch Where They Tread
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2014, 11:32:03 AM »
I haven't read that found any alleged "shrooms" in his apartment.   Please link to where you found this.
 Any first year law student should be able to get it tossed.  Ex Post Facto.  Anything seized is fruit of the poisoned tree.

I've only seen stories of that the two witnesses corroborate the story of the victim.  Again please link to where you found this (and not blog posts from people spinning hypotheticals.)

Actually that was a pretty smart move.  Forced to recant and apologize (Did she also have to say she loves Big Brother?) under threat of imprisonment, nicely done JBT's !!  Volokh (who has a pretty good eye for these things), sees it as pretty much unconstitutional.  I predict the entire case will be thrown out and I see a huge payday in her future.

The shrooms are in those first 3 links in the op

The fruit of the poisoned tree is less all encompassing than on law and order

Shroom boys own statement has evolved in one story he says I was raised in a gun culture so when I saw him put his finger on the trigger guard I was scared

He later says finger was on the trigger

She can't be forced to recant.  She can choose to . You forget this woman has counsel and not some pd. a lawyer with trial chops not an academic blogger/proff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2014, 12:32:45 AM »
Wasn't someone claiming that cops don't just forget to get a warrant and then get it after the fact back in one of the Bundy threads? ;/
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

• friends
Re:
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2014, 03:58:04 AM »
Are you gonna try to claim thats what happened here? Not read the reports well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2014, 05:03:54 AM »

Nah.

The people who vote for 'strict law and order' types are supporting this sort of behavior.

The people who vote for keeping the current levels of government intrustion are supporting this sort of behavior, whether they admit it to themselves or not.

So they should pay.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2014, 08:41:12 AM »
But how do we arrange it so tose who support such antics pay for them, while those of us who don't support such antics aren't forced to participate in paying?

I much prefer taking payments from the affected department's pension fund.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2014, 09:02:55 AM »
But how do we arrange it so tose who support such antics pay for them, while those of us who don't support such antics aren't forced to participate in paying?

I much prefer taking payments from the affected department's pension fund.

Take them straight from their paychecks. Pensions too far in the future to temper 21 - 40 yr olds.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

• friends
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2014, 09:22:45 AM »

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2014, 09:40:04 AM »
My opinion on resolving a lot of these kinds of problems is simply get rid of qualified/sovereign immunity.   When people sue for civil rights violations, etc, make it so it comes out of the JBT's personal pocket.  That will temper a *lot* of this bushwa right there.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2014, 01:13:05 PM »

This is how democracy works. The majority votes something in, and then everyone pays for it.

When the majority of Americans supported intervention in Vietnam, everyone paid the cost of war - including the excesses of war.

The majority of Americans support the War on Drugs. Even many of those who think drugs should be legalized, for instance, will not necessarily vote their preference.

Thus Americans (and French, and Germans, and Japanese) etc. deserve to pay for the cost of this sort of thing.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2014, 01:59:02 PM »
Quote from: cassandra and sara's daddy
The shrooms are in those first 3 links in the op

From the link detailing the geology student neighbor of the raided store:

“I’m deathly afraid to come out. They said they suspected I had mushrooms, which is a federal crime..."

The cops said the SUSPECTED he had mushrooms, not that the FOUND any.  Of course, the cops could not be bothered to get a search warrant BEFORE they entered the students home, they only got one AFTER they had searched the place and confiscated some rocks (odd thing for a geology student to have) and some frankincense incense.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »
Take them straight from their paychecks. Pensions too far in the future to temper 21 - 40 yr olds.
Yeah, but the ranking officers tend to be closer to retirement, and you can bet they won't like the idea of multimillion dollar cuts from the pension.

My opinion on resolving a lot of these kinds of problems is simply get rid of qualified/sovereign immunity.   When people sue for civil rights violations, etc, make it so it comes out of the JBT's personal pocket.  That will temper a *lot* of this bushwa right there.
That would certainly change policing significantly.