Author Topic: "Drastic action" required to stop ebola epidemic  (Read 6807 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
"Drastic action" required to stop ebola epidemic
« on: June 27, 2014, 03:24:01 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/26/health/ebola-outbreak-west-africa/

I wonder if controlling our borders to prevent a pandemic that destroys our civilization would be too "drastic" for the lefties like Jeb Bush?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
Re: "Drastic action" required to stop ebola epidemic
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 03:26:22 PM »
jeff w

I like onions!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 04:45:38 PM »
Define "drastic action".

No vaccine to protect against it.  No [known] cure.  90% mortality rate.

Apparently isolation seems to work fairly well - as in if you stay away from folks who have it you probably won't get it.  The problem seems to be detecting who has it before full symptoms appear.

Yes, I have a few ideas.  No, none of them qualify as "socially appropriate".  You got a problem with that?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 11:24:26 PM »
Yes, I have a few ideas.  No, none of them qualify as "socially appropriate".  You got a problem with that?

I probably harbor similar notions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 12:24:52 AM »
Outbreak had the right idea....
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 07:38:38 AM »
The World Health Organization does not recommend restrictions on trade or travel, but does warn people to avoid raw camel milk, camel urine and to ensure meat is properly cooked.

Right.

No camel milk

No camel urine.

Cook camel meat thoroughly --160°F internally.

Done and done.

Terry
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:48:38 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Re: "Drastic action" required to stop ebola epidemic
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 08:43:27 AM »

Right.

No camel milk

No camel urine.

Cook camel meat thoroughly --160°F internally.

Done and done.

Terry
This will cut into the camel urine bacchanalia i had planned for the weekend.

I demand govt action and compensation and recognition that i am now laboring under a disability.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 09:04:55 AM »
Just boil it before using.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 03:11:58 PM »
The World Health Organization does not recommend restrictions on trade or travel, but does warn people to avoid raw camel milk, camel urine and to ensure meat is properly cooked.

Whatever happened to the apes that were supposed to be the vector for humans?  Does this mean I can go back to only worrying that my face will get ripped off?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 05:24:33 PM »
Whatever happened to the apes that were supposed to be the vector for humans?  Does this mean I can go back to only worrying that my face will get ripped off?

stay safe.

The OP was posting about Ebola.Monkeys.
The camel stuff came from the BBC article on MERS.

Don't eat the monkeys!They'll still rip your face off AND give you Ebola for spite!
jeff w

I like onions!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 06:01:23 PM »
The OP was posting about Ebola.Monkeys.
The camel stuff came from the BBC article on MERS.

Don't eat the monkeys!They'll still rip your face off AND give you Ebola for spite!

Oh!

stay safe.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 03:55:03 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/01/world/africa/sierra-leone-declares-health-emergency-over-ebola.html

Sierra Leone has declared a public health emergency and is clamping down.
Peace Corps is pulling out.

But it's not the end of the world: http://www.vox.com/2014/7/30/5952407/should-you-be-afraid-of-ebola-infectious-disease-global-health/in/5712456

Apparently, ebola is spread through contact with bodily fluid. So don't touch folks' bodily fluids and you should be good to go. Also, diarrhea is more likely to kill you.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 04:09:08 PM »
It's ok, we have herd immunity!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 04:17:02 PM »
We are overdue for a killer pandemic. Perhaps MERS and Ebola will be a double whammy.

I just hope I'm one of the fortunate ones that survive.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »
Apparently, ebola is spread through contact with bodily fluid. So don't touch folks' bodily fluids and you should be good to go. Also, diarrhea is more likely to kill you.

Some of the early cases in this outbreak were Drs and nurses who were wearing full protective gear, something might be different this time- different in a very bad way.

Outbreak had the right idea....
Yep. However, I heard there's a case where a man who was infected, got on an airliner and flew into Lagos, infecting at least dozens of people on the way, and probably more in Lagos as well when he finally crashed out there.
21 million people packed into that city.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »

One of the talking head docs said body fluids included sweat, which could potentially make it easier to spread (I don't know how viable the virus is after say, dripping sweat on some surface that someone else touches), especially during a sweaty handshake. The same segment I was watching did make a good point about not sweating (ha ha) the ebola quite so much given the many other viruses out there, some more likely than ebola to spread in first world countries.

For that matter, didn't someone just die in Florida from flesh eating bacteria? What is it with Florida and flesh eating? First zombies, now bacteria.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 05:21:45 PM »
Apparently isolation seems to work fairly well - as in if you stay away from folks who have it you probably won't get it.

Until the Democrats feel sorry for them and make it illegal to avoid them.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »
The threat isn't to us, or the First World in general. Modern living, modern plumbing etc. would provide a lot of natural firewalling/quarantine above and beyond what the CDC etc. would do.

A good hemorrhagic fever gets going in some place like India, you could be looking at 10's of millions dead.
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »
A good hemorrhagic fever gets going in some place like India, you could be looking at 10's of millions dead.

Hmmm...remember that annoyance we've been having, just north of - and conveniently already effectively quarantined from - South Korea?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »
Well if one of those with ebola wont make it here on their own, damn it we'll bring them!

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/26166691/emory-hospital-to-receive-ebola-patient-in-atlanta?autostart=true
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 06:43:26 PM »
Well if one of those with ebola wont make it here on their own, damn it we'll bring them!

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/26166691/emory-hospital-to-receive-ebola-patient-in-atlanta?autostart=true
"A medical transport plane departed the US Thursday afternoon, headed to Liberia to pick up an American Ebola patient."
From : http://www.11alive.com/story/news/health/2014/07/31/emory-university-hospital-ebola-patient/13429519/

I wonder who it is?I would have thought that you'd about have to be a head of state to warrant removal of an Ebola infected person from Africa.On purpose anyways.
OTOH,maybe CDC Atlanta wants an easy to harvest supply of live virus? [tinfoil]

I'm surprised though,that any hospital would agree to this.Safety precautions aside,they're putting everyone in Atlanta at risk.I wonder if they'll get sued.I could see them losing big time.
jeff w

I like onions!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2014, 06:43:44 PM »

Pure *expletive deleted*ing hubris.
Isolate person in place. Burn corpse.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 06:46:43 PM »
"A medical transport plane departed the US Thursday afternoon, headed to Liberia to pick up an American Ebola patient."
From : http://www.11alive.com/story/news/health/2014/07/31/emory-university-hospital-ebola-patient/13429519/

I wonder who it is?I would have thought that you'd about have to be a head of state to warrant removal of an Ebola infected person from Africa.On purpose anyways.
OTOH,maybe CDC Atlanta wants an easy to harvest supply of live virus? [tinfoil]

I'm surprised though,that any hospital would agree to this.Safety precautions aside,they're putting everyone in Atlanta at risk.I wonder if they'll get sued.I could see them losing big time.
In that case, the military needs to shoot that plane down, preferably over an ocean.  That plane should be considered an incoming nuke, or worse.

Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »
Some of the early cases in this outbreak were Drs and nurses who were wearing full protective gear, something might be different this time- different in a very bad way.
Yep. However, I heard there's a case where a man who was infected, got on an airliner and flew into Lagos, infecting at least dozens of people on the way, and probably more in Lagos as well when he finally crashed out there.
21 million people packed into that city.

Part in bold is factually incorrect. They weren't even able to follow standard Western sanitation procedures like one time use of supplies, they were washing and reusing gloves etc. Full MOPP gear, in a rural African clinic? You're so funny.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2014, 07:03:22 PM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-27/second-us-citizen-infected-ebola-liberia

"What is most disturbing is that the two physicians have contracted the lethal disease despite apparently taking much needed precations to avoid infection as the following photos below demonstrate"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:06:44 PM by brimic »

Barack Obama