Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 387025 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #3300 on: December 30, 2022, 11:11:12 AM »
I've not looked at the kerosene price in awhile, but I suspect that it hasn't budged. My guess is it's so expensive because it's a convenience item here in this area. As far as I know, it's the only station within about 10 miles of me that carries kerosene, and my guess is that they don't sell a lot of it.

I remember when I was heating primarily with a kerosene heater in my first apartment and I felt horribly abused that I had to pay $2+ a gallon for it. Only there (Lewistown, Pa), because of the Amish, just about every station carried kerosene, and as far as I know most still do.

Where I get my kero is like 45 minutes away. It's the closest place I found. I don't really know what sources to use for locations - I kinda stumbled on this one after seeing a half dozen stations closer to me listed on the webz as having kero pumps but actually not having them. While "out of the way" just for fuel, it happens to be 10min from my Costco, so it's easy to combine trips.

I do know that Idaho seems to be pro-kero for heating and stuff, and not just in BFE. Even city people (I'm thinking "born and raised vs cali imports) seem to like to have kero emergency heaters and whatnot. I don't know how or if that affects price. Certainly on gas Mike, your AO is always way lower than mine. Kerosene seems to be the one exception.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3301 on: December 31, 2022, 10:34:26 AM »
Well this is a pain in the arse...

Came back into town yesterday. The WAWA, Shell, and Sunoco near my house have all gone back up to $3.09 a gallon. Why? Not entirely sure.

Gas went up 30 to 40 cents a gallon locally three days ago.  We went from a low of $2.59 back up to $2.99 at some stations.  A few are now back over $3.00 a gallon.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3302 on: December 31, 2022, 10:51:59 AM »
Popped up ~$0.20 here
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3303 on: December 31, 2022, 03:08:09 PM »
The Global down the street is still below $3 a gallon, but barely.

I'd say President Joe the Demented is striking again.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3304 on: December 31, 2022, 03:13:32 PM »
Now, now. You guy's know Joe can take total credit for bringing the price down but as far as it going up you know full well the president has no control over gas prices.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3305 on: December 31, 2022, 07:05:24 PM »
The gas price here hasn't gone up too bad, only ~$0.10 - $0.15/gal (87 octane w/ethanol).  Diesel's around $3.60, depending on the station.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3306 on: January 04, 2023, 11:00:54 AM »
Wow, crude and RBOB have been plummeting the last two days.

Crude is down over $7 a barrel yesterday and today.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3307 on: January 04, 2023, 02:02:27 PM »
Gas went up 30 to 40 cents a gallon locally three days ago.  We went from a low of $2.59 back up to $2.99 at some stations.  A few are now back over $3.00 a gallon.

Up another 18 cents at some stations, to $3.17.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3308 on: January 04, 2023, 09:15:51 PM »
Stopped at a Kwik Stop on the way home, paid $3.08.  Drove across the overpass & saw it was $2.89 at the Circle K.   :facepalm:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3309 on: January 17, 2023, 10:29:20 AM »
Prices jumped between 20 and 25 cents a gallon at all of the pumps near my house in the last couple of days.

Wheeeeee...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3310 on: January 17, 2023, 10:57:16 AM »
Prices jumped between 20 and 25 cents a gallon at all of the pumps near my house in the last couple of days.

Wheeeeee...
Prices here had dropped off, but were higher (similar amount) a day or two ago when I filled up last.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3311 on: January 18, 2023, 02:49:20 PM »
$3.35 at the costco this morning.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3312 on: January 18, 2023, 03:07:42 PM »
We had a 15 cent jump back to $3.19 over the last weekend.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3313 on: January 26, 2023, 10:42:22 AM »
Weirdness with gasoline in my area the last couple of days, which are normally pretty well in lock step price wise.

The Global down the street hit $3.29 a gallon a few days ago, then dropped back to $3.27, and is now sitting at $3.25.

At the same time, the price on the main drag (the Global is just around the corner) at the Wawa, Shell, and Sunoco, have gone up to $3.49, and have sad there for a couple of days.

Hey Ben, I stopped for gas at the Global, which carriers kerosene... Price is $5.99 a gallon.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3314 on: January 26, 2023, 11:00:25 AM »
Hey Ben, I stopped for gas at the Global, which carriers kerosene... Price is $5.99 a gallon.

Well, that's more in line with my area now. I should probably get another 5 gallons this week. We're supposed to be hitting single digits for most of next week, so the shop heater will be running a lot.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3315 on: January 26, 2023, 11:08:29 AM »
we're still trudging along in the 50s most days and low 30s to low 40s for overnight. It's been that way for pretty much all of January. We've had very few days below freezing overnight, and we've had more than a few days that have been positively balmy.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3316 on: January 26, 2023, 03:08:36 PM »
Most of the stations in this area have gone back up to $3.399 - $3.499 but I was lucky enough to find a station that hadn't gone up yet and filled up for $3.079 yesterday.
Part of that increase is because of the gas tax that IL-ANNOY gov. "Jabba" had postponed last July got tacked on on the 1st.  And IL-ANNOY will get a second tax THIS summer too.

[barf]  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3317 on: January 26, 2023, 07:09:49 PM »
Well, the Global went up to $3.45 a gallon today. Whee...

Let's go Brandon!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3318 on: January 26, 2023, 07:18:26 PM »
Well, the Global went up to $3.45 a gallon today. Whee...

Let's go Brandon!

Now you know a D president only have any control of the price of gas when it goes down and an R president only when it goes up.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3319 on: January 26, 2023, 08:24:58 PM »
Prices locally have been a little off.  The local grocery store & Murphy's are normally within a $0.01 of each other.  The last week or so there's been as much as a $0.09 difference between the two.  There are a couple other stations nearby that are normally $0.10 higher than the grocery & Murphy's, lately they've down to within $0.01.  And the prices have changed as often as twice in one day, that I'm aware of.

Today, at 1645, the prices at Murphy & the grocery were the same at $3.05.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3320 on: January 26, 2023, 09:09:14 PM »
I've been sick for a month, so I haven't followed local trends. This is my first week back at work since Christmas. Stopped at the discount club on my way home from work. $3.099 for unleaded regular.

Exxon station between there and home was $3.49 for unleaded regular.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3321 on: January 27, 2023, 07:40:09 AM »
And the Wawa dropped 10 cents overnight, back to $3.39.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3322 on: January 27, 2023, 07:50:57 AM »
And the Wawa dropped 10 cents overnight, back to $3.39.

Didn't know Barbara Wawa open her own gas station
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #3323 on: January 28, 2023, 10:13:28 AM »
No idea why, but gas here jumped up about 25 cents yesterday.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3324 on: January 28, 2023, 10:20:00 AM »
No idea why, but gas here jumped up about 25 cents yesterday.

Darn Trump, I mean Putin!
Well, same thing
- Calvin and Hobbes