Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 389469 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #3450 on: July 26, 2023, 02:11:27 PM »
$3.49 around here yesterday.

Thanks Joe.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3451 on: July 26, 2023, 02:13:28 PM »

Thanks Joe.

But he cured cancer
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3452 on: July 26, 2023, 03:38:39 PM »

Thanks Joe.

But he cured cancer

And there's no more mean tweets.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3453 on: July 26, 2023, 10:50:12 PM »
Jumped up from $3.39 to $3.69 today.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3454 on: July 27, 2023, 08:02:06 PM »
Went from $3.21 on Monday to $3.43 today.

Lets go Brandon!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3455 on: July 28, 2023, 06:36:55 AM »
The WAWA went from $3.53 to $3.65 yesterday. Price has been bumping up 5 cents every couple of days for the last few weeks. Other stations in my area are following suit.

With oil rising as it has been I think we're going to be seeing $4 a gallon in Northern Virginia a lot sooner rather than later.

There are a few stations that are already over $4, and have been for quite awhile, but those are the "I'm the only station for a couple of miles in either direction so time to be a gangsta', bitch!" stations.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

bscl

• friends
« Reply #3456 on: July 28, 2023, 08:26:55 AM »
I just came back from  family roadtrip to see Yellowstone National Park and Mount Rushmore.  Gas prices were much less in every state we passed through (Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Wyoming) compared to WA. Including the gas stations INSIDE THE PARK.  I filled up our non- roadtrip car for $4.65/gal a couple days before we left at our Costco. Several days later while inside Yellowstone the gas was barely over $4/ gal. I'll have to revise this after I get to go through my receipts,  but that is just asinine. It's cheaper to fill up one of the most heavily visited places in the country than near my own suburban home.

*Update: $4.20/gal near our hotel in West Yellowstone on 7/16. $4.30/gal at Canyon Village inside Yellowstone on 7/18 Finally, $4.00/gal at West Yellowstone on 7/20. Here at home in Pierce County WA,  $4.70/gal at Costco on 7/27. So at Yellowstone where you know they will charge more for convenience and the location,  it's  STILL cheaper than at home.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 11:07:37 AM by bscl »
Life Member NRA, SAF

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #3457 on: July 30, 2023, 01:34:12 AM »
$5.05 today in Kitsap county WA. for regular.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3458 on: July 30, 2023, 08:15:57 AM »
$5.05 today in Kitsap county WA. for regular.

Yikes!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3459 on: July 30, 2023, 10:04:46 AM »
Meanwhile

Ford set to lose $4.5 billion on electric vehicles this year, despite increased revenue
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/ford-set-lose-billion-electric-vehicles-year-despite-increased-revenue
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3460 on: July 30, 2023, 10:12:05 AM »
Meanwhile

Ford set to lose $4.5 billion on electric vehicles this year, despite increased revenue
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/ford-set-lose-billion-electric-vehicles-year-despite-increased-revenue

I read that this morning. Ford's comments seemed (to me) to insinuate that these were acceptable losses for the long term for them to be able to get an early upper hand in the EV game. Whether PR or fact, who knows?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3461 on: August 01, 2023, 04:29:42 PM »
The propane guy just came by. $1.82/gal. That's pretty cheap. I'd have to check back in this thread, but I think I was paying $3ish last Winter/Spring.

Edit: Just looked. From my 01DEC22 post:

An another fuel, the propane guy came by yesterday and filled the tank for $2.69/gal, which I think is not too bad right now. He was last out in AUG and hit me for $2.49. Looking back, it was $2.89 DEC of last year. Though in OCT of that year, they filled me up for $1,91.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3462 on: August 01, 2023, 04:30:32 PM »
Just filled up at Sam's $3.53
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3463 on: August 04, 2023, 11:57:05 AM »
Jumped up to $3.65 here this morning.
Thanks Joe.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3464 on: August 04, 2023, 11:59:04 AM »
Most of the stations around me are now at $3.75.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3465 on: August 04, 2023, 12:05:50 PM »
Filled up last night for $3.39.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3466 on: August 04, 2023, 12:13:21 PM »
The next time I fill up it will probably in the $2.30 to $2.50 range because of the points I've accumulated from my grocery store card rewards.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3467 on: August 04, 2023, 08:23:35 PM »
Went up another dime this week, from $3.43 to $3.53.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3468 on: August 05, 2023, 02:25:20 PM »
 :mad: Most station in this area of IL-ANNOY are running from $3.85 to $3.99/gallon.  :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #3470 on: August 06, 2023, 12:48:06 PM »
$3.35 yesterday for regular in Shreveport, La at one of the cheaper stations in town (Super1 Grocery Store pumps).
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #3471 on: August 20, 2023, 11:22:19 PM »
Today was a banner day, it turned out that both cars needed gas, $88 to feed the Jeep Plus@ $4.25. Then it was $72 for the Challenger. $4.55 for super.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3472 on: August 21, 2023, 07:53:43 AM »
Prices seem to have stabilized a little bit here in NOVA.

$3.75 to $3.79 and the stations around my house.

I filled up yesterday for $2.59 a gallon using my grocery store rewards points to bring the price down.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #3473 on: August 21, 2023, 04:28:52 PM »
$3.79 for regular here in coastal Georgia yesterday.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3474 on: August 25, 2023, 07:43:15 AM »
Holy crap, I hadn't been paying attention to prices and filled up in town yesterday for $4.29. The last time that I paid attention it was like $3.80.

Of interest, the dog and me took a spur of the moment day trip to Ketchum yesterday, and gas just outside the resort town that's in BFE (as far as fuel transportation goes) was $4.09. I would have figure 20 cents higher, not 20 cents lower.