Author Topic: Active shooter in CA: hostages, multiple fatalities  (Read 23019 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Active shooter in CA: hostages, multiple fatalities
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »
Navy yard guy bought gun legally.

Didn't he also take one or more firearms from a security guard?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2015, 08:06:09 PM »
The Holiday Party Killed Those People in California
Within hours of the shooting in California, the left was blaming Republicans and Christians. The media speculated that the shooter was white. But it turns out to be another round of Islamic radicals.
http://www.erickontheradio.com/2015/12/the-holiday-party-killed-those-people-in-california/
On CNN, a talking head openly speculated that the Islamic radical wasn’t a terrorist, just offended by having a holiday party.
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2015, 08:15:45 PM »
The report I read earlier today said that all the guns had been bought legally. So let's see:

• Columbine: Guns bought legally. Stolen from parents by shooters. Check.
  • Sandy Hook: Guns bought legally, shooter killed mother to get guns. Check.
  • Fort Hood #1: Guns bought legally. Check.
  • Virginia Tech: Guns bought legally. Check.
  • Boston marathon: Pressure cookers bought legally. Check.
  • Aurora Theater: Guns bought legally. Check.
  • Navy Yard: Not sure -- was his gun bought legally?
  • Fort Hood #2: Gun bought legally. Check.
  • San Bernardino. Guns bought legally. Check.

The other thing I'm curious about is that they are reporting at least 75 rounds fired. CA has a ten round mag limit, and I'm pretty sure both models of AR used have the cosmetic features that require a bullet button, which for those not familiar, requires the tip of a bullet or a tool to be inserted into an indent to release the mag. There are going to be no rapid mag swaps with that. If they did swap mags (legally) they slowly swapped to another ten rounder.

While there are plenty of pre-ban standard capacity mags floating around, given the killers ages, I don't believe there's any way they would be in legal possession of such. If they bought their guns legally, they would have ten round mags and most likely bullet buttons on the rifles. If they showed up with rifles, it doesn't seem logical that they would empty ten rounds, then switch to pistols for the rest of their attack. My bet would be some lawbreaking occurred regarding weapons and mags, which would show the ineffectiveness of CA laws.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2015, 08:37:42 PM »
The other thing I'm curious about is that they are reporting at least 75 rounds fired. CA has a ten round mag limit, and I'm pretty sure both models of AR used have the cosmetic features that require a bullet button, which for those not familiar, requires the tip of a bullet or a tool to be inserted into an indent to release the mag. There are going to be no rapid mag swaps with that. If they did swap mags (legally) they slowly swapped to another ten rounder.

While there are plenty of pre-ban standard capacity mags floating around, given the killers ages, I don't believe there's any way they would be in legal possession of such. If they bought their guns legally, they would have ten round mags and most likely bullet buttons on the rifles. If they showed up with rifles, it doesn't seem logical that they would empty ten rounds, then switch to pistols for the rest of their attack. My bet would be some lawbreaking occurred regarding weapons and mags, which would show the ineffectiveness of CA laws.

The report I heard did say they had "high" capacity magazines, but the dude (police captain?) refused to state if the magazines were legal or not.

I was more concerned by the round count for the police that responded. 380 rounds to kill two people vs. 75 to kill 14...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2015, 08:44:15 PM »
Not sure how reliable, but on Calguns some folks were quoting a Fox News report that the ARs did not have bullet buttons and had 30-round magazines.
"The slide rule is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                     - Darth Calculus

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2015, 09:39:50 PM »
Not sure how reliable, but on Calguns some folks were quoting a Fox News report that the ARs did not have bullet buttons and had 30-round magazines.

Psh. That's simply not possible.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2015, 10:18:58 PM »

The shooting happened in a 'gun free zone' as well. There has to be a unicorn somewhere in this story....
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2015, 10:51:01 PM »

Thought so. Thank you.

Now add another column -- for how many of those locations were places that didn't allow firearms.

Yep -- we NEED another law!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2015, 10:54:33 PM »
Quote from: AngelEyes

Of course it's not possible. Barbara Boxer herself told us that California's gun laws work.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2015, 12:29:22 AM »

Question for our California members:

Has California a common-sense limit on the number of people one may jihad to death? Or do they have that NRA loophole, where one may kill as many infidel as one wishes?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2015, 06:33:31 AM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/3/syed-farook-tashfeen-malik-erased-digital-footprin/

nothing to see here folks, move along

This does tend to discredit the notion that he was simply upset by something that happened at the party that morning.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2015, 09:59:58 AM »

the obvious solution for liberals is to change the laws so that folks can't  buy guns at all.  That does away with the silly 'legally purchased' loophole.

Oh, and WTF is "SJS"?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2015, 10:14:16 AM »
Question for our California members:

Has California a common-sense limit on the number of people one may jihad to death? Or do they have that NRA loophole, where one may kill as many infidel as one wishes?

One thing I can say with near certainty, is that the (third try?) on ammo registration, the bill to ban bullet buttons, as well as the bill to ban ownership of standard capacity magazines will make it to the governor's desk now, thanks to this.

Whether he signs them or not (he vetoed all past versions of the ammo bill), who can say?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2015, 10:15:38 AM »
Oh, and WTF is "SJS"?

Sudden Jihad Syndrome

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »
This does tend to discredit the notion that he was simply upset by something that happened at the party that morning.
Not to mention they farmed out the 6-mo old baby to family.  This is about as spontaneous as a Rose Bowl parade.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2015, 01:42:46 PM »
Sudden Jihad Syndrome

well there is an oxymoron if I ever saw one.   lol

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2015, 01:46:52 PM »
Could be they had planned to hit that work party and he went first to ensure it was as soft and "target rich" as expected. Upon confirming such went home to retrieve his wife and get started.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2015, 02:11:43 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/12/04/surreal-media-pushes-into-farooks-apartment-rifles-through-everything-there/

The media (multiple members) just waltzed through the Jihadi's apartment, broadcasting everything the found.

Oh, THAT just fills me with confidence in the F. B. I.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2015, 02:58:35 PM »
Looks like the FBI is actually gonna call it terrorism instead of workplace violence

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/04/socal-jihadist-wife-pledged-allegiance-to-isis-report/?intcmp=hpbt1
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2015, 03:08:13 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/12/04/surreal-media-pushes-into-farooks-apartment-rifles-through-everything-there/

The media (multiple members) just waltzed through the Jihadi's apartment, broadcasting everything the found.

Oh, THAT just fills me with confidence in the F. B. I.

WTF? As much as I am in contempt of most of our federal law enforcement weenies this brings things to a new level of disgust. What moron dropped the ball and let the press into what cannot possibly be a completely secured crime scene?
The only possible explanation I can come up with is that it was deliberate so that the feds can now claim that the scene has been so contaminated that anything else they find is useless.

The tiny little voice of evil way down in the dark corners of my mind says it was hoping for one last undetected booby trap...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »
Looks like the FBI is actually gonna call it terrorism instead of workplace violence

... much to the President's chagrin, I'm sure.
"The slide rule is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                     - Darth Calculus

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2015, 04:07:08 PM »
WTF? As much as I am in contempt of most of our federal law enforcement weenies this brings things to a new level of disgust. What moron dropped the ball and let the press into what cannot possibly be a completely secured crime scene?
The only possible explanation I can come up with is that it was deliberate so that the feds can now claim that the scene has been so contaminated that anything else they find is useless.

The tiny little voice of evil way down in the dark corners of my mind says it was hoping for one last undetected booby trap...

Think the other way.  Deliberate so that the press sees all that they had.  Thousands of rounds of ammo.  Receipts from internet gun dealers.  The tools and weapons of war, all bought courtesy of Bud's Gunshop (the receipt shows an invoice from Buds).  Boss in DC tells them that there's no case to prosecute against these two, so any risk to the evidence is minimal.  God knows anything obviously good was grabbed and hauled out in the first couple of hours.  Press posts the amount of ammo, parts, and receipt for an online purchase...

Boxer, Schumer and Co. will say "Look. Terrorists used the internet to gain the tools they needed to wage war on America.  Ban internet sales of ammo.  Ban internet sales of guns.  Ban sales on the no-fly list.  Require NICS for ammo purchases."  And they will point to this as a basis.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »
Boxer, Schumer and Co. will say "Look. Terrorists used the internet to gain the tools they needed to wage war on America.  Ban internet sales of ammo.  Ban internet sales of guns.  Ban sales on the no-fly list.  Require NICS for ammo purchases."  And they will point to this as a basis.

Sadly, I think you hit the nail on the head.

I think all we can hope for is that because this was indeed terrorism, and is actually getting media attention as terrorism, that there may be a groundswell of, "Wait a minute, this could happen to me! I want a gun!".

I think people are more prone to be anti-gun when it's one of the "lone whacko white guys". This is more akin to invasion, and I think it gets people into a different mindset.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2015, 04:13:34 PM »
Another thought... looking at all of the internet printed pages, the internet gun and/or ammo sales.  Patriot Act just expired.

Patriot Act II: the Empire Strikes Back.  NSA authorized to monitor phones and internet of whole country so they can find these terrorists.  Send out probe droids...I mean spyware...to track them down.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark