Author Topic: Protesters Take Over National Wildlife Refuge  (Read 27174 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2016, 01:47:57 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Andiron

• friend
Re: Protesters Take Over National Wildlife Refuge
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2016, 04:20:02 PM »
Cops did what cops do when you run from them,  then put your hands anywhere but up.  The video seems to support this.  Lets go back to why they were running in the first place.  All reports I've read have the OSP/FBI/whoever shooting at the first stop.  They instigated this.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

• friends
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2016, 05:50:26 PM »
Your version disagrees with the eye witnesses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2016, 06:48:24 PM »
Your version disagrees with the eye witnesses.

Says the guy that insists Mark McConell was in the same vehicle.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2016, 07:31:24 PM »
Didn't they have a arrest warrant for Amman Bundy? That would make sense to pull over a vehicle suspected of having him in it.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

• friends
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2016, 07:33:09 PM »
Even the now discredited 18 year old girl disagrees.
The first stop had both vehicles stopped and one person already removed from the deceased man's car. He then chose poorly and made his break for freedom. I think he pay he'd himself up anticipating a confrontation and in the end psyched himself out. I am struck with similarities between his state of mind and that of joe horn in Texas. . Different results from poor decision making

• friends
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2016, 07:33:52 PM »
They had warrants for several of the folks in the vehicles . I think only 3 of them walked.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2016, 09:33:21 PM »
If you don't want to die, you cooperate, no matter how bogus the stop is.

Bogus or not bogus? That you fight out in court.

Apparently, this particular nut did not want to fight things out in court. Thus he is now occupying the morgue.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

• friends
Re: Re: Protesters Take Over National Wildlife Refuge
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2016, 01:51:30 AM »
If you don't want to die, you cooperate, no matter how bogus the stop is.

Bogus or not bogus? That you fight out in court.

Apparently, this particular nut did not want to fight things out in court. Thus he is now occupying the morgue.
Yup a high sunblock number rendition of " I ain't going down like that"  complete with  choir singing "he din do nuffin! "

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• friends
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »
This has slow mo zoomed video that shows how wrong folks can be. Even in the broad strokes. Cop that came outa trees shot with pistol not long gun.
Very interesting as is an article on "bearing arms" that breaks it down minute by minute
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/fbi_to_release_video_footage_o.html

brimic

• friends
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2016, 01:18:28 PM »
This has slow mo zoomed video that shows how wrong folks can be. Even in the broad strokes. Cop that came outa trees shot with pistol not long gun.
Very interesting as is an article on "bearing arms" that breaks it down minute by minute
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/fbi_to_release_video_footage_o.html

Yeah...
I did a lot of reading on the subject and background of the guy since my initial post. It does look like the whole scenario was more 'suicide by cop' than anything else I might have originally thought... =|
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2016, 01:41:10 PM »
Given the stupidity and evil represented by the various physically represented sides in this sticky mess, I think Henry Kissinger's Iran/Iraq quote apt:
"It's a pity they can't both lose."

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2016, 02:31:02 PM »

Either way, he was still well out of spitting range.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2016, 02:34:09 PM »
Lavoy Finicum chose poorly, in a series of decisions. However:

"This whole mess began because a Federal prosecutor (like all of them an effete urbanite) thought it would be amusing to make a felony out of some careless brush burnoffs by a couple of ranchers, and send the hayseeds to prison." ~Hognose.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

• friends
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2016, 06:00:58 PM »

"This whole mess began because a Federal prosecutor (like all of them an effete urbanite) thought it would be amusing to make a felony out of some careless brush burnoffs by a couple of ranchers, and send the hayseeds to prison." ~Hognose.

In reality these 2 guys away with just a warning on the first time they pulled this stunt. Slow learners they did it again.
I think fir rest grump said it best
"You can't help stupid"

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2016, 07:14:05 PM »

The whole Weaponsman post was excellent.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2016, 08:33:32 PM »
question:

The original charges stem from the ranchers setting fires that were to prevent fires, including a back burn to stop a fire on federal land from spreading, correct?

Did it work or, rather, did the affects of those intentionally set fires do the job for which they were intended? and if they did work, wouldn't that be a benefit for both the ranchers and the federal land? 
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2016, 08:36:42 PM »
question:

The original charges stem from the ranchers setting fires that were to prevent fires, including a back burn to stop a fire on federal land from spreading, correct?

Did it work or, rather, did the affects of those intentionally set fires do the job for which they were intended? and if they did work, wouldn't that be a benefit for both the ranchers and the federal land? 

And without trying, you come to the crux of this entire fiasco.

Setting the occasional backburn is a very common thing.  The two instances that led to this whole *expletive deleted*it show involve one burning 140 odd acres of "fed" land,  and another burning 1 acre and actually improving the value of said federal land.

Try this guy,  he's way more articulate than me,  without going all Waco truther.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1JzuQf4DMU

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2016, 08:56:25 PM »

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2016, 12:01:43 AM »
question:

Yeah, but he didn't get a burn permit.  ;/  (the sad thing is, that really might be it)
"It's good, though..."

• friends
Re:
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2016, 01:54:15 AM »
The jury did not swallow the "backfire' narrative.  Perhaps it being the second set of fires made that little tough to sell

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2016, 09:31:52 AM »
The jury did not swallow the "backfire' narrative.  Perhaps it being the second set of fires made that little tough to sell

And have you noticed who winds up on juries most of the time?
Formerly sumpnz

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
Re:
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2016, 09:34:38 AM »

Honestly, it doesn't matter. I don't think anyone here particularly blames the jury. The point is about the Federal government that sent ranchers to prison for a brush fire that got out of control. Nothing else was proven in court. Just the fire. So they're back in prison for a fire.

And that's why Lavoy, with all his faults, was on site. I'm not trying to avoid putting blame on anyone. But there is a very clear cause/effect in play here and as long as these abuses continue it is not going to stop. The lesson here is not merely what happened but how it's going to go down next time, and there will be a next time. And here's a clue...it probably won't be just one guy dying.

brimic

• friends
Re:
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2016, 09:58:45 AM »
Honestly, it doesn't matter. I don't think anyone here particularly blames the jury. The point is about the Federal government that sent ranchers to prison for a brush fire that got out of control. Nothing else was proven in court. Just the fire. So they're back in prison for a fire.

And that's why Lavoy, with all his faults, was on site. I'm not trying to avoid putting blame on anyone. But there is a very clear cause/effect in play here and as long as these abuses continue it is not going to stop. The lesson here is not merely what happened but how it's going to go down next time, and there will be a next time. And here's a clue...it probably won't be just one guy dying.
The 'next times' seem to be happening at a greater frequency.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2016, 10:12:24 AM »
Am I wrong in surmising that the BLM is not only run by but caters to Luddite coastal envirofreaks instead of their supposed clients, the ranchers and other-landworkers who are forced to interact with them on a regular basis?