Author Topic: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...  (Read 10225 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2022, 10:20:47 PM »
So, how's the election looking now? 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2022, 07:26:48 AM »
She's not being crazy or senile. She's just claiming, as Leftists have always claimed, that women who can't murder their younguns are basically slaves. Then again, that actually is crazy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2022, 07:32:11 AM »
Newsom is putting up billboards in a bunch of other states advertising California as an "abortion destination" almost like he's advertising for people to come for vacation. Dude is definitely running for President with all the out of state stuff he's doing.

We talk a lot about senile Brandon and moron Harris, but man, I don't even want to think of where the country would be going if this jamoke was president. 
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2022, 08:55:45 AM »
So, how's the election looking now?

The red tsunami has evaporated.  Other than that, it looks like there will be an election of sorts in November.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2022, 09:19:19 AM »
I think the polling data we are getting on the election is less accurate than RT's coverage of the Ukrainian war.

Depending on which YouTube channel you listen to, There might not even be an election.  Biden is going to cancel it because......reasons.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2022, 09:31:16 AM »
Don't forget that these are the same pollsters that assured us Hillary was a stone cold lock in 2016.
Pollsters lie. It is my opinion that the stage is simply being set for a dem sweep in November, by whatever means they need. It will make the fraud we saw in 2020 pale in comparison.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2022, 09:37:45 AM »
Then there's Lindsey effing Graham making a big deal out of introducing legislation to outlaw abortion at the Federal level.

Exactly what you need to fire up the D base and increase D turnout right before a mid term election.

It's clear that some in The Stupid PartyTM don't really want to be put in a position (legislative majority) where their base will expect them to actually DO something.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2022, 10:02:31 AM »
It's clear that some in The Stupid PartyTM don't really want to be put in a position (legislative majority) where their base will expect them to actually DO something.

Why should now be any different than all the other times? 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2022, 11:15:37 AM »
Then there's Lindsey effing Graham making a big deal out of introducing legislation to outlaw abortion at the Federal level.

Exactly what you need to fire up the D base and increase D turnout right before a mid term election.

Wanting to ban abortion at 15 weeks!

What kind of monster would want to stop babies like this from being killed?  The few pro-lifers in the GOP just needs to shut the hell up and agree that it is okay use forceps to pull of the limbs of these worthless clumps of cells.  Moloch needs more sacrifices.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2022, 05:19:31 PM »

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2022, 05:23:17 PM »
Wanting to ban abortion at 15 weeks!

What kind of monster would want to stop babies like this from being killed?  The few pro-lifers in the GOP just needs to shut the hell up and agree that it is okay use forceps to pull of the limbs of these worthless clumps of cells.  Moloch needs more sacrifices.

You completely missed the point. He introduced the bill when he knew the D party is in control and would immediately bury it, so nothing would get done, and the D party is also holding it up saying "see, they want to ban abortion" to their base, which is the one issue that will bring them to the polls. Graham couldn't have picked a worse time to introduce that bill, unless his objective is to try and lose the election so the R's can play controlled opposition again. It's called strategy, and crap like this is why the R's earned the name "stupid party".
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2022, 06:56:39 PM »
Republicans should want to ban abortion.  They should try sincerely to pass bills like this.

If the #^%^ Republicans are ashamed of being "pro-life" and want to hide it, I want nothing to do with them.... cause they aren't pro-life at all.

A nation that kills its children is a nation with a hard heart an evil soul.

And when a nation doesn't even balk at killing late term human beings like this one, they are a pack of moral monsters.

20 week fetus... who can be legally killed for any reason in most of the USA.  That is evil.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2022, 07:04:44 PM »
You completely missed the point. He introduced the bill when he knew the D party is in control and would immediately bury it, so nothing would get done, and the D party is also holding it up saying "see, they want to ban abortion" to their base, which is the one issue that will bring them to the polls. Graham couldn't have picked a worse time to introduce that bill, unless his objective is to try and lose the election so the R's can play controlled opposition again. It's called strategy, and crap like this is why the R's earned the name "stupid party".

Suppose the GOP introduced the bill "at the right time" and banned abortion.  Would you agree with that?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2022, 07:11:41 PM »
Republicans should want to ban abortion.  They should try sincerely to pass bills like this.

If the #^%^ Republicans are ashamed of being "pro-life" and want to hide it, I want nothing to do with them.... cause they aren't pro-life at all.

A nation that kills its children is a nation with a hard heart an evil soul.

And when a nation doesn't even balk at killing late term human beings like this one, they are a pack of moral monsters.

20 week fetus... who can be legally killed for any reason in most of the USA.  That is evil.

I don't think he is sincere in proposing the bill; he's trying to fire up the Democrats so the Republicans lose -- he likes being a senior member of the minority party.  If he was sincere, he would submit the bill early next year.
"It's good, though..."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2022, 07:22:10 PM »
I don't think he is sincere in proposing the bill; he's trying to fire up the Democrats so the Republicans lose -- he likes being a senior member of the minority party.  If he was sincere, he would submit the bill early next year.

I have no idea if Lindsey is sincere or not.

I am sick of people willing to let millions human beings be killed for the sake of political expediency.  Oh, no, we can't let people think we are opposed to pulling the arms and legs off babies!  That would be horrible! They might not vote for us!

I have heard many "conservatives" say they are fine with abortion because it is mostly the babies of liberals that are being killed.  Now we aren't supposed to be pro-life because killing people in the womb is popular with cold hearted moral defectives.

I saw my son at 20 weeks gestation moving around and yawning in my wife's womb.  And a huge percentage of people think it is okay to kill them!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2022, 07:36:34 PM »
Quote from: Pb
I have heard many "conservatives" say they are fine with abortion because it is mostly the babies of liberals that are being killed.

Many?  I haven't even heard one say that, although there are heartless idiots everywhere so it probably has been said.
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2022, 07:51:11 PM »
There does seem to be an obsession with a certain percentage of the human race in killing babies "for reasons". They are more invested in the killing of born and unborn babies than most people are in the protecting of babies. Since abortion was undemocratically foisted upon the USA the country sort of accepted it, at least more than it was before our black robed civic priests declared it the law of the land. I'm thankful for the folks who tirelessly worked to get Roe overturned, all I ever did was vote. I'm still flabbergasted that the court kicked it back down to the states. I'm also happy that I know live in a state that has eliminated it in over 90% of the cases.   

This obsession with killing the unborn/newborn isn't anything recent, it's been going on throughout human history unabated. Like war, it's ubiquitous.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2022, 08:39:23 PM »

I have heard many "conservatives" say they are fine with abortion because it is mostly the babies of liberals that are being killed. 

I also doubt you've heard "many" conservatives say it, but maybe I shouldn't. There are plenty of people on the right that reject social conservative enlightenment.

It is often pointed out that Leftists work against themselves by aborting the relatively few children they have. Is that the kind of talk you have in mind?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2022, 09:41:00 PM »
The “problem” in the pro-life community is that there are those, like Pb, that aren’t satisfied by anything less than a full ban RFN.  And there are others, like bedlamite, that advocate a “get what you can when you can” incrementalist approach and are fine with pausing when or taking smaller bites when large bites are politically impossible.  And neither side is willing to concede points to the other.

I think bedlamite, and many other pro-lifers would like to see a flat out abortion ban, but recognize that right now it simply won’t happen.  In January after the new Congress is sworn in, if there are sufficient majorities in both houses to pass a ban they’ll be much more ok with it.  Whereas right now, all introducing a ban will accomplish is energizing the left to vote.  Waiting in that case is actually more productive because it makes a partisan mix amenable to a ban more likely.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2022, 11:55:54 PM »
I abhor abortion, but I am unconvinced that a federal law against it is constitutional.  It would take very creative articulation on the part of the Supreme Court to uphold such a ban.

State law is another thing altogether.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2022, 04:46:18 AM »

Exactly. Lindsey is a Democrat. He is introducing this bill which would never pass just to fire the left up. Furthermore anytime there is a major bill *expletive deleted*ing the American people over and it won’t pass without a handful of Republicans voting for it he’s the first to “reach across the aisle in the name of compromise”

I have no idea if Lindsey is sincere or not.

He is absolutely not. Like I said he’s a full fledged RINO. He works for the Dems but pretends to be a conservative at election time and is backed by the old money GOP in this state plus he gets the boomer “vote R no matter what” vote and aims these kinds of bills at gaining their support.

These people that vote for him every time without question are so politically *expletive deleted*ing stupid they love bills like this, don’t understand why Pelosi is still in office and doesn’t get thrown out, think “there ought to be a law” against anything and everything they don’t like, etc. They also don’t stop to wonder why nothing gets repealed or fixed when Rs control the executive branch, Congress, and judicial branch. They are half of what gives the Stupid Party its nickname.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2022, 09:46:36 AM »
The “problem” in the pro-life community is that there are those, like Pb, that aren’t satisfied by anything less than a full ban RFN.

I'm for a full abortion ban, with the only exception being when a mother's life is in danger... but I will also take what I can get.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2022, 09:48:40 AM »
Many?  I haven't even heard one say that, although there are heartless idiots everywhere so it probably has been said.

Probably about 20% (I am guessing) of the posters on AR15.com say they support abortion because it kills mostly children of leftists.  Of course, many of those probably aren't conservatives, but are more libertarians, so my statement may have been exaggerated.  That position is very prominent any time abortion is mentioned there.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2022, 09:49:56 AM »
Probably about 20% (I am guessing) of the posters on AR15.com say they support abortion because it kills mostly children of leftists.  Of course, many of those probably aren't conservatives, but are more libertarians, so my statement may have been exaggerated.  That position is very prominent any time abortion is mentioned there.
I've seen the pragmatic argument for abortion made here more than a few times.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2022, 10:27:53 AM »
I abhor abortion, but I am unconvinced that a federal law against it is constitutional.  It would take very creative articulation on the part of the Supreme Court to uphold such a ban.

Federal laws against abortion are perfectly constitutional.  It is right there in the 14th amendment. 

Section 1
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 5
The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

The 14th was written, in part, because Democrats were allowing black Americans to be terrorized and killed.  The 14th Amendment prohibits allowing states to legalize killing of innocent people.  Ordinarily, there is no federal role in prosecuting murder cases.  When states allow innocent people to be killed, then the Federal government has a role to prevent the states from doing this.

This is exactly what most states are doing now with unborn people.

Would the Supreme Court agree with me?  No.  I am I right?  Sure, I am.  It is right there in plain English.  States can't let innocent people be killed.  And stabbing someone in the base of her skull with scissors, and sucking out her brains at seven months gestation counts as "depriving someone of life" in my book.