Author Topic: I think I'll make this this weekend...  (Read 343 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I think I'll make this this weekend...
« on: April 28, 2022, 09:05:13 AM »
Quick and simple, and I LOVE chickpeas...

Tomato, Chickpeas, and Orzo

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/recipe-one-pot-tomato-chickpeas-and-orzo?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: I think I'll make this this weekend...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 05:44:35 PM »
OK, finally got around to making this for dinner.

Not bad at all.

I did alter the recipe a bit. I added 8 ounces of sauteed mushrooms, a green and red pepper, and about 20 ounces of browned ground turkey (that I had to use before it went south on me).

All in all, pretty darned good.

Oh, I also added some basil and oregano to give the tomato base some extra seasoning. Not much, though. Just enough to give a hint of flavor.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 12:20:41 PM »
Making this one again for dinner and for lunches this coming week.

Again, if you've not tried it, it's really good.

I STILL can't find orzo in my local stores so I'm using small shells. They work just fine.

I'm also adding browned ground turkey, sauteed mushrooms, and a bag of chopped spinach.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 05:14:26 PM »
You're too much like me in the kitchen.  Yes, I see your recipe, but that's suggestions, or a starting point.  Any resemblance between the original recipe and my final product may be limited to the name.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 11:25:16 AM »
I've had the left overs for lunch all this week. It just keeps getting better and better. Really enjoy this recipe. Very simple, very easy to make, and very adaptable.