Author Topic: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade  (Read 33635 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade
« Reply #725 on: September 28, 2022, 10:13:45 AM »
Your source is bullshit. 

Well, I did say I was surprised at the price.  :laugh:

On the other hand, lefty fed and state politicians do seem to promote "everything costs more if you're a woman", so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see female sterilization subsidized like it's a solar installation while men have to pay the full price.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #726 on: September 28, 2022, 10:39:20 AM »
Could be the university is trying to make Idaho's law into the Don't Say Abortion law. "Look at what they're making us do!"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #727 on: September 28, 2022, 10:50:59 AM »
That sounds like a great business opportunity, but ...Up a creek?  Really?  As in the only viable options a college student has to avoid pregnancy and STDs are prescribed and insurance-covered hormonal birth control?   :O

Up a creek in relation to Ben's comment that I was replying to. Maybe I should have quoted it. He said if the University won't give them birth control...their private insurance would.  If the University is their insurance they would be up a creek.

Do you still need a prescription for the pill? I honestly don't even know.

I guess we could discuss how critical a situation described by "up a creek" is.  You can always step out of a creek. It's not like it's a river.  :laugh:

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #728 on: September 28, 2022, 11:05:08 AM »
Up a creek in relation to Ben's comment that I was replying to. Maybe I should have quoted it. He said if the University won't give them birth control...their private insurance would.  If the University is their insurance they would be up a creek.
I understood the context, but even in your worst case scenario it seems like there are a multitude of entirely achievable alternatives available.

I guess we could discuss how critical a situation described by "up a creek" is.  You can always step out of a creek. It's not like it's a river.  :laugh:
I assumed it was a more polite reference to the old saying "up *expletive deleted*it creek without a paddle", which I associate with a more significant problem as opposed to a minor inconvenience.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #729 on: September 28, 2022, 12:24:09 PM »
Do you still need a prescription for the pill? I honestly don't even know.

You do still need a script for birth control pills.  The FDA has been pondering eliminating this requirement for many years now but has not acted upon it.  The original intent behind requiring a script was to ensure that women were seen at least once per year for medical care to renew the script.  Cynics argue that the real intent was to ensure that you were able to bill for an appointment at least once per year.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #730 on: September 28, 2022, 04:11:50 PM »
I assumed it was a more polite reference to the old saying "up *expletive deleted*it creek without a paddle", which I associate with a more significant problem as opposed to a minor inconvenience.

I always thought the original saying was just "up a creek without a paddle," and the scatological element came later. But I could be wrong.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #731 on: September 28, 2022, 09:27:43 PM »
And it can be hard to find a doc that will do the surgical sterilization procedure on a woman who hasn’t had kids yet.

Unless she wants to pretend to be a man.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #732 on: September 28, 2022, 10:42:47 PM »
I always thought the original saying was just "up a creek without a paddle," and the scatological element came later. But I could be wrong.

The saying doesn't really make sense (scatological or not) because if you are *up* a creek w/o a paddle you can just drift down.  Unless it's about trying to navigate upstream and that part just got lost.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #733 on: September 28, 2022, 11:06:04 PM »
The saying doesn't really make sense (scatological or not) because if you are *up* a creek w/o a paddle you can just drift down.  Unless it's about trying to navigate upstream and that part just got lost.

Hey, buddy, I don't make the rules.

Or the old saws.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #734 on: September 29, 2022, 07:20:03 AM »
Democrat Man to the rescue. https://youtu.be/bADC8t5PhmY

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #735 on: September 30, 2022, 10:32:04 AM »
It appears that the Women's March is pro "I had an abortion! It was fun and it's time to party!"

At least it seems they got as much pro-choice pushback as they did pro-life pushback.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/09/30/i-kill-babies-hear-me-roar-womens-march-claims-theyre-unapologetically-pro-abortion-and-piss-off-pro-choice-more-than-pro-life/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #736 on: September 30, 2022, 01:01:28 PM »
It appears that the Women's March is pro "I had an abortion! It was fun and it's time to party!"

At least it seems they got as much pro-choice pushback as they did pro-life pushback.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/09/30/i-kill-babies-hear-me-roar-womens-march-claims-theyre-unapologetically-pro-abortion-and-piss-off-pro-choice-more-than-pro-life/

Moloch has a wonderful plan for your life!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #737 on: October 08, 2022, 01:58:37 PM »
Dems: Banning abortion is racist
Also Dems: Abortion is racist

While speaking to PBS’ Firing Line with Margaret Hoover, Bush said that at 19 she went into a clinic to have an abortion done, (not her first one) and after telling nurses that she wasn’t ready, Bush says that she was forced to have the procedure done against her will.
Because she's black

Cori Bush Claims Her Abortion Was the Result of Being Black
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/10/08/cori-bush-claims-her-abortion-was-the-result-of-being-black-n2614167
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #738 on: October 08, 2022, 07:39:56 PM »
She told the nurse she wasn't ready yet- probably wanted to wait until the 8th month to have it done.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #739 on: November 11, 2022, 07:32:33 AM »
This flew under my radar until today: Montana voted "no" on an amendment that would require doctors to care for all living, breathing babies, including those that lived through an attempted abortion. Not stopping abortion, but if the baby lives, no requirement for medical care.

In MONTANA. That Yellowstone show must have upped the Bozeman population by 500,000 lefties or something. I would not have expected Montana to take such extreme views. From what I read, the wording of the bill, or how it was explained on the voter pamphlets, was potentially confusing, but still, do your due diligence before voting.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/montana-shamed-residents-vote-no-measure-protect-babies-after-theyre-born-unimaginable

Pb

• friend
« Reply #740 on: November 11, 2022, 11:12:46 AM »
What is the moral difference between killing a baby in the womb with poison, forcepts etc, or abandoning her to die should that fail?  Or cutting her throat after the failed abortion, for that matter.

There is literally no moral difference at all.  It appears the people of Montana realize that, and 52% of them have voted their monstrous values accordingly.

America has become a morally revolting place.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #741 on: November 11, 2022, 12:32:09 PM »
An argument that the Dobbs backlash theory of the midterms does not bear up:

https://thefederalist.com/2022/11/10/contra-conventional-wisdom-there-is-little-evidence-dobbs-hurt-republicans/

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #742 on: November 11, 2022, 04:53:45 PM »
What is the moral difference between killing a baby in the womb with poison, forcepts etc, or abandoning her to die should that fail?  Or cutting her throat after the failed abortion, for that matter.

There is literally no moral difference at all.  It appears the people of Montana realize that, and 52% of them have voted their monstrous values accordingly.

America has become a morally revolting place.

Or smothering the baby to death a month (or year) later because Mom just doesn't like her.  :mad:
"It's good, though..."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #743 on: November 11, 2022, 09:33:55 PM »
Or smothering the baby to death a month (or year) later because Mom just doesn't like her.  :mad:

In Canada, when a mother kills her baby under one year of age, it is "infanticide" not murder.  And infanticide is never punished with jail time there.

In the USA, there was a pol in one of the states recently trying to pass a law to make it illegal for police to investigate the death of a baby who died at or around the time of birth.  I don't know if the law passed.