Author Topic: The Brittney Griner Thing  (Read 11454 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The Brittney Griner Thing
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2023, 07:30:29 AM »
Weird that she doesn't emigrate to one of those obviously superior nations.  ???

Funny that
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2023, 09:33:28 AM »
I did a little google on Cloud because by looks she appeared to be bi-racial and I get real annoyed with bi-racial celebs that go on and on about one half of their ancestry and forget the other half.

So anyway, I was right. It's like Kapernick or Rodman disrespecting their respectable upbringing but in this case a biological parent is present. Her white mom had Natasha with her black father who near as I can tell is not around. She bears the surname of her white stepfather. She grew up in a 90% white neighborhood. She went to a Catholic high school and excelled in basketball which afforded her excellent colleges where she again did good, now a pro. She is living the American dream a lot harder than most of us so STFU.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2023, 09:35:42 AM »
In woke America there's money and fame in being oppressed.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2023, 09:45:03 AM »
In woke America there's money and fame in being oppressed.

Even if you're a famous millionaire (though I've never heard of her).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2023, 11:22:30 AM »
"I’m blessed to travel the world for my career. I’ve been in plenty of countries that I would have my human rights, healthcare, free/assisted schooling, don’t have to fear mass shootings or white supremacists, don’t have to be concerned about the highest maternal mortality rates," she wrote.

"Less police murders, no mass incarceration based on race, adequate minimum wage, rights to my body as a woman,"

And you came back to this hell hole for what reason?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2023, 11:29:24 AM »
And you came back to this hell hole for what reason?

Where else can you be allowed to be a whiny spoiled brat and trash talk your country while getting paid millions for playing a game? In many of her so called paradise countries she would probably be a street beggar and they would have had her thrown into a dark prison or even have had her shot by now if she ran her mouth like that there.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2023, 07:32:21 PM »
I did a little google on Cloud because by looks she appeared to be bi-racial and I get real annoyed with bi-racial celebs that go on and on about one half of their ancestry and forget the other half.

So anyway, I was right. It's like Kapernick or Rodman disrespecting their respectable upbringing but in this case a biological parent is present. Her white mom had Natasha with her black father who near as I can tell is not around. She bears the surname of her white stepfather. She grew up in a 90% white neighborhood. She went to a Catholic high school and excelled in basketball which afforded her excellent colleges where she again did good, now a pro. She is living the American dream a lot harder than most of us so STFU.

Unless one of her two biological parents was mixed race, this would make her half-white and half-black -- 50/50. When you mix paint, if you mix 50% black with 50% white you get gray. And most people would call gray paint "gray," not "white" or "black." So why is it that when people are half black and half white, they call themselves "black" or "a person of color" but they don't ever seem to call themselves white -- which they could logically do with exactly as much legitimacy as calling themselves black.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2023, 09:57:20 PM »
Unless one of her two biological parents was mixed race, this would make her half-white and half-black -- 50/50. When you mix paint, if you mix 50% black with 50% white you get gray. And most people would call gray paint "gray," not "white" or "black." So why is it that when people are half black and half white, they call themselves "black" or "a person of color" but they don't ever seem to call themselves white -- which they could logically do with exactly as much legitimacy as calling themselves black.

Because they derive benefits from doing so.  Which makes the whole idea of institutional anti-POC racism a bald face lie.  Otherwise they would claim white ancestry.

My wife great-grandfather was 1/2 or 1/4 Cherokee.  He refused to register with the tribe and also refused to even acknowledge the Indian background, or even the Oklahoma connection.  Because back then the racism was real.  Now?  Not so much.