Author Topic: COVID-19 question  (Read 1711 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
COVID-19 question
« on: August 12, 2022, 12:42:53 PM »
I have it. Verified by test. Taking medication provided by the VA hospital. I think I'm past the worst of it. So here's the question:

Today is Day 5, so tomorrow (Saturday) is day 6. According the the CDC guidelines, after Day 6 I shift from "self-isolate mode" to "mask in public mode." What the CDC guideline don't tell me is when I should burn all the bed linens and power wash the interior of the house with Lysol spray before returning to life [sort of] as normal.

Is there any useful guidance on that?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: COVID-19 question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 12:57:11 PM »
Was it worse than any other flu?

Would you do that if you had the flu?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 05:56:24 PM »
When I was done with my isolation time I washed the bed linens and my clothes on the "sanitize" cycle, wiped down the hard surfaces with Clorox wipes, and sprayed the Clorox spray on the hard to wipe surfaces. I have it maybe a half hour of effort and called that good enough.

I had been isolating in three rooms only though so I didn't need to do a whole house

YMMV

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 06:00:32 PM »
Get a new toothbrush and tube of toothpaste.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 06:09:50 PM »
I had the pre-vaccine alpha version. I did nothing different than I do for any cold or flu - washed the bedsheets and towels, which I do weekly anyway, and that's about it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 06:18:40 PM »
We didn’t do anything special and were just fine
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 07:23:05 PM »
You're gonna have to find a virgin for the sacrifice.

If you're in Washington, DC area, it is okay to use a goat.
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 07:30:58 PM »

So, pretty much any politician, then?

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 08:02:00 PM »
So, pretty much any politician, then?

I don't know about that. Is there such a thing as a worthy enough politician for it to be considered a sacrifice?  :old:

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2022, 08:15:46 PM »

You really think one can find a virgin goat in DC?
"It's good, though..."

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2022, 09:03:37 PM »
What meds did the VA give?  I didn’t even think about getting anything other than Mucinex and a decongestant.  Wife finally tested negative this morning but I’m still positive (since Sunday).  Congestion and headaches subsided Wednesday but I still have minor nose runs and cough. 

Also have our daughter here that tested positive Wednesday so disinfecting the house now wouldn’t be much good. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2022, 02:01:27 AM »
What meds did the VA give? 

Their first choice would have been Plaxovid, but that's contraindicated for patients who are on blood thinners (which I am). So they gave me INV-Molnupiravir. Five day course, 800mg x2.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 02:08:06 AM »
Their first choice would have been Plaxovid, but that's contraindicated for patients who are on blood thinners (which I am). So they gave me INV-Molnupiravir. Five day course, 800mg x2.

Mine was INV-MOLNUPIRAVIR 200MG ORAL CAP
TAKE FOUR CAPSULES BY MOUTH EVERY 12 HOURS FOR 5 DAYS
Same dose, different pill mg.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 06:25:09 AM »
So, on a scale of 1-10, with flu as 5, where'd it sit?
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2022, 12:09:57 PM »
Mine was INV-MOLNUPIRAVIR 200MG ORAL CAP
TAKE FOUR CAPSULES BY MOUTH EVERY 12 HOURS FOR 5 DAYS
Same dose, different pill mg.

No, that's exactly what I've got. I skipped over taking four 200 mg capsules to get the 800mg per dose.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2022, 12:19:07 PM »
So, on a scale of 1-10, with flu as 5, where'd it sit?

I'll give it an 8.

The other symptoms weren't much worse/different than garden variety flu. The fatigue was unbelievable. I'm using a ground floor bedroom that's right across a hallway from the bathroom. I would wake up needing to use the bathroom. It would take half an hour or so to muster the energy to move from lying down to sitting on the bed with my feet on the floor. Then I would just zone out and sit there -- head hanging down, hands in my lap, eyes closed. It would take another half hour or 45 minutes to generate enough energy to even open my eyes. It was crazy. I'd be like, "Okay, it's time to open my eyes and get up. Yep, gotta open my eyes. I'll do it any minute now. Yeah, just gotta get my eyes open. Any time, now. ... " And so it would go, on and on and on.

And after visiting the bathroom I would be so exhausted that I barely had the energy to make it back to the bed and collapse onto it. Sheet? Too tired to pick it up and crawl under -- just fell on top of it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2022, 12:32:51 PM »
The fatigue was unbelievable.

That's how mine was. It would take all my energy to get out of bed and take 30 steps to my recliner, where I figured I'd watch TV or something so I just wasn't laying in bed 24hrs a day, and as soon as I hit the recliner, I was out for another couple of hours. Lather, rinse, repeat.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2022, 12:48:33 PM »
For future reference:  Bathroom?  That's what bedside urinals are for.  (quart small-mouth Mason jar works great for that, and is less likely to spill than a wide-mouth jar but those work too)  HTH :)
"It's good, though..."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2022, 12:55:11 PM »
For future reference:  Bathroom?  That's what bedside urinals are for.  (quart small-mouth Mason jar works great for that, and is less likely to spill than a wide-mouth jar but those work too)  HTH :)

The OTHER end was the problem for us!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2022, 12:56:44 PM »

Wide mouth mason jar it is then!  :rofl:

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2022, 01:09:01 PM »
Yes, the exhaustion was BAD, the drowning in snot was bad, the waking up coughing "to death" because of all the snot running down your wind pipe until you have a bitching case of pleurisy is not fun AT ALL either!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2022, 04:12:26 PM »

ROGER THAT!!!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2022, 08:11:10 PM »
Okayfine - I had a case of the crud, but tested negative. Pretty decent crud, all things considered. 101-2ish fever for close to two weeks.

When I started snotting, I put a chair next to the bed, with a pillow on the chair and hung my head over the side and dripped on an old towel face down. I don't think I aspirated much...
Blog under construction

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2022, 09:54:49 AM »
I’m on day 7 with some minor congestion still and a productive cough.  No sinus pressure, headache or fatigue anymore.  Days1-3 we’re the worst but honestly it wasn’t much different than past sinus infections I’ve had.  I did have about a 1 degree increase in body temperature for this 3 days but am now back down to normal. 

As for meds, Mucinex and some sinus congestion meds is about all I took. 

Finally broke out of the house yesterday and went for a short 2 mile hike and lunch after with grandson and daughter.  Felt good to finally get out for some fresh air.  Playing a round of golf today.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2022, 12:16:06 PM »
Do y'all still have a bunch of Covidians where you are? Around here, we have the college kids, the Subaru and Prious drivers, and a few older folks who probably watch too much TV - along with the youts who maybe have warrants out.

St. Louis City has attributed 17 deaths to the 'Rona since May 18 in the 300,000 population, last one back in mid-July, according to the administration's webjunk.

But it is still in the news, etc., etc...
Blog under construction