Author Topic: Trump vs Biden and CNN Debate  (Read 8496 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Trump vs Biden and CNN Debate
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2024, 09:36:25 PM »
Daily Mail put this photo up

WTF?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2024, 09:45:52 PM »
Two minutes in and I'm done. "Trump told people to inject bleach in their arms". No fact checkers to be seen.

I started 15 minutes late so I missed that.  I think it's going surprisingly well, both from the candidates and the moderators.  Biden is definitely wired, figurately and perhaps literally.

They just started asking Trump about January 6 and he's deflecting.  Okay, they pushed the issue and he blamed Nancy Pelosi.  Now Biden is blaming Trump and just called him a convicted felon.  [popcorn]
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2024, 09:58:59 PM »
Now he's talking slow and slurring. I saw him put his hand to his ear when he was really agitated.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2024, 10:06:15 PM »
But they have a cover story for that

Kelly O'Donnell
@KellyO
NEW: Two sources familiar with the situation say “President Biden  has a cold.”
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2024, 10:09:45 PM »
Wow
CNN host says Democrats are 'nearly beside themselves' watching Biden contrasted with Trump
Kasie Hunt
@kasie
·
Follow
The voice, open-mouthed look, and visual contrast between President Biden and former President Trump all have Democrats I'm talking to nearly beside themselves watching this debate
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2024, 10:18:08 PM »
Okay, Trump needs to stop going back to the previous question to get a last word in. It's starting to affect his initial good performance. Stick to the current question, dude.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2024, 10:21:05 PM »
Okay, Trump needs to stop going back to the previous question to get a last word in. It's starting to affect his initial good performance. Stick to the current question, dude.

I was about to say that but you beat me to it.  Moderators need to call him on it.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2024, 10:36:57 PM »
For my sanity I'm not watching it but checking in on some news sites and from what I'm seeing expect a mad scramble for a replacement for Biden
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2024, 10:42:12 PM »
Trump easily won this debate, many thanks to Biden who started like an overly wound clock and wound down to "off". However, Trump lost me in the last 20 minutes with the continued going back to the last topic, and then I think he missed a big opportunity on his closing statement. He should have made that two minutes of the positives he would do, even naming off 2025 Agenda items, rather than just spending the two minutes talking about his past term and Biden's current term.

Edit: "won", not "one". Moron.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 07:51:42 AM by Ben »

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2024, 10:47:44 PM »
For my sanity I'm not watching it but checking in on some news sites and from what I'm seeing expect a mad scramble for a replacement for Biden

I fully expect it to be Newsome.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2024, 11:36:57 PM »
Full meltdown on CNN and MSNBC.  I think the fix is in and the Democrats are gonna use tonight’s performance to cha ge him out at their convention with Newsome

griz

• friend
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2024, 11:47:02 PM »
Unfortunately, I watched the whole thing.  Biden looked terrible and Trump, well, he was himself.  It just reminded me of fifth grade:
You're, dumb.
No, You're dumber!
Well, you suck!
I'm way better!

We deserve better candidates.

By the way, something I am surprised to say, I think CNN did an OK job moderating.  I think only Biden had his mic cut off, and they tried to bring the answers back to the question, although often unsuccessfully.  And in a triumph of capitalism, they managed to commercialize a presidential debate.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2024, 11:56:05 PM »
Unfortunately, I watched the whole thing.  Biden looked terrible and Trump, well, he was himself.  It just reminded me of fifth grade:
You're, dumb.
No, You're dumber!
Well, you suck!
I'm way better!

We deserve better candidates.

By the way, something I am surprised to say, I think CNN did an OK job moderating.  I think only Biden had his mic cut off, and they tried to bring the answers back to the question, although often unsuccessfully.  And in a triumph of capitalism, they managed to commercialize a presidential debate.

I saw that, and it looked to me like Biden cut himself off in midsentence (and I gave him points for that) rather than the mic cut.
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2024, 12:22:16 AM »
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2024, 01:01:51 AM »
Who would have been more eloquent than Joe Biden?

https://x.com/GadSaad/status/1806520361783116213
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2024, 02:41:37 AM »
We watched Steven Crowder's stream on Rumble and I bought PinkPigParts this T from CrowderShop.com:

They already sold out of the black ones so we had to get the white. Code BIDENSUCKS for 20% off.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2024, 06:34:20 AM »
Full meltdown on CNN and MSNBC.  I think the fix is in and the Democrats are gonna use tonight’s performance to cha ge him out at their convention with Newsome

News is already reporting on how upset the Dems are with Biden’s performance.

We’re gonna miss having the lame duck bastard in charge if Newsome gets in. He’s mentally competent and knows how to run a state completely into the ground and will do the same with the country.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2024, 06:46:08 AM »

People have been saying that for the past month or two (only differing on who the replacement will be) and boy do they look prescient right now. I didn't watch the debate, but I saw CNN turning on him immediately afterward, as if it were pre-scripted.

I guess all the people pushing the "cheapfake" narrative a few days ago weren't in on the scheme.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 07:04:58 AM by Perd Hapley »
Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?
--Thomas Jefferson

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2024, 07:39:51 AM »
Normally my blood pressure can't take political discussions on Reddit and I ignore them. This morning they were quite entertaining.

"Trump was hopped up on drugs!"
"Trump was incoherent!"
"Everything Trump said was lies!"*
"People with educations know that Biden wiped the floor with Trump!"

* Depending on how you define "lie" vs "exaggeration", I don't think Trump even lied once in this debate (though he has lied before). Most everything I caught was the usual Trump "Best in history!", "No one but me has ever done this before!" exaggerations about his performance. Biden did outright lie, with two of the most glaring examples being, "No military member died under my watch." and "The border patrol has given me their full support". Embarrassingly for him, the Border Patrol responded within a couple of minutes of that statement.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2024, 07:48:04 AM »
I wasn't going to watch this, but my daughters wanted to, so we made popcorn and put it on the TV.

I watched the first part, put my son to bed, then went outside to play so I missed most of it, but my wife and kids gave me the highlights.  For the portion I watched, the moderators did a relatively good job.  I was pleasantly surprised. 

We were cringing a lot at Biden's answers and performance.  It was sad.  Lots of dishonesty there.  Jill coming out to get Biden and help him stumble down the stair was hard to watch.

The part I saw Trump was the best behaved I've ever seen him, although I heard he went a bit mean girl toward the end.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2024, 08:00:11 AM »
News is already reporting on how upset the Dems are with Biden’s performance.

We’re gonna miss having the lame duck bastard in charge if Newsome gets in. He’s mentally competent and knows how to run a state completely into the ground and will do the same with the country.

Yep, MSNBC is, this morning, in full panic mode...

The front page headline is this: "What Democrats should absolutely not do after Biden’s debate performance"

Which goes to a page with this headline:

"Biden’s shaky debate performance doesn’t mean he’s dropping out
Thursday was a terrible night for the president. But there’s still time to fix things by November."

When MSNBC drops the "RAH RAH SIS BOOM BAH GO LEFTISTS, COMMIES, AND DEMOCRATS!" *expletive deleted*it you know they see MASSIVE problems.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2024, 08:38:36 AM »
By the way, something I am surprised to say, I think CNN did an OK job moderating. 

I have to agree. I think Jake Tapper did a better job than whatshername. While her questions were generally as fair as can be expected, I definitely detected an "activist" tone of voice when she asked Trump about abortion and "accepting the election results".

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2024, 08:39:42 AM »
Headline over at The Daily Mail

"JOE IS COOKED"

comment

I believe this was a strategic decision to show his supporters how bad he is before they replace him. They knew he'd look incompetent and that was their goal, to put in who they really want, because he is no longer a believable prop.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13578671/biden-trump-debate-winner-cnn-scott-jennings.html

You know you got to wonder. The dems could be playing 3D chess here hoping for a vote bounce if they replace him.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 08:55:47 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2024, 08:47:16 AM »
It's was CNN's fault!

One of the top targets was CNN moderators Jake Tapper and Dana Bash as several celebrities claimed they were letting Trump get away with lying.

Speaking of lying did anyone keep a lie count for both sides?

Hollywood celebrities abandon Joe Biden as they lash out at Donald Trump and CNN's moderators after disastrous debate
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13578997/Hollywood-celebrities-abandon-Joe-Biden-lash-Donald-Trump-CNNs-moderators-disastrous-debate.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2024, 08:58:23 AM »
I suspect that this is just the first wave of an absolute avalanche of psychotic liberal tears that is going to come crashing down over the next couple of days.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.