Author Topic: Europe may be sick of immigrants  (Read 3572 times)

dogmush

• friend
Europe may be sick of immigrants
« on: July 01, 2024, 07:33:54 PM »
I know we have mentioned this in passing on other threads, but it may be getting to the point that it deserves it's own thread.

TL:DR Europe seems to be correcting back right kinda hard in elections.

What made me start this thread is the first round of the French elections, and X.com videos of Ms. Le Pen talking about Islam pretty bluntly. https://x.com/liz_churchill10/status/1807756172239224854?t=Ul7syV0DDkUd-rIZOUBhDg&s=19

Those connected to Islamist Ideology must be stripped of their Nationality and expelled. The French who adopt the Ideology of the Enemy must be punished. Radical Mosques will be shut down…and the Muslim Brotherhood will be dissolved

Coupled with Italy's last election, Germans starting to chant "Foreigners out, Germany for Germans!" in clubs and rallies, and some pretty outspoken English on Social media I have to wonder what isn't making global media.

We have often quipped "Europe goes from zero to Jackboot in 5min flat", and I'm starting to think we're 3 minutes in.

What are you folks seeing?

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Europe may be sick of immigrants
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2024, 08:26:04 PM »
Probably similar attitude to what we see a little of here.  The leftists are letting in so many immigrants that EVERYONE sees them and is affected by it.  In addition, they are probably handing out more benefits to them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2024, 08:53:58 PM »
From the kraut front, 90% of my relatives have been  complaining about the immigration problem since the Turkish invasion. They are all sick of driving VWs while foreigners show up, drop kids, and get a big new house and Mercedes courtesy of govt handouts.

More recently, the 10% of my relatives that are commie pinkos have also had it with the immigration problem - much of their viewpoint shift stemming from the violent rapes, etc., while the kraut govt tries to make excuses for the animals who "don't understand Western culture regarding women". Also as reported by the conservative cousin who keeps me most up to date, these current parliamentary elections have really brought out younger people who are trending conservative and have had it with the Greens (who don't just focus on enviro stuff, but also immigration policy and other woke crap as well).

While there likely won't (but might) be a "Germexit", much of Germany has been getting sick of the EU meddling as well. I think overly strict covid policies had a lot to do with this shift.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2024, 08:57:39 PM »
Been checking in on this from time to time. Been some pretty big left wing riots in France
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2024, 09:08:21 PM »
Been saying for years that if they ever wake up in Europe there's going to be hell to pay if past history is anything to go by.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

zahc

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2024, 09:55:30 PM »
But it's too late anyway. Within a few generations they will be completely outbred by pure mathematical inevitably, and these people they want less of will be running their government and outvoting them. I'm just saying that stopping immigration is neither here nor there at this point. Stopping immigration would have made sense as a policy at one point but it really is closing the barn door after the horse has left situation.

Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2024, 09:59:49 PM »
But it's too late anyway. Within a few generations they will be completely outbred by pure mathematical inevitably,

Assuming they don't go for a solution they've gone for more than a few times in the past. History has a habit of repeating itself.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 10:33:44 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2024, 10:32:01 PM »
I wounder, how have many of these immigrants are sleeper cells waiting for the call.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2024, 10:32:06 PM »
From the kraut front, 90% of my relatives have been  complaining about the immigration problem since the Turkish invasion. They are all sick of driving VWs while foreigners show up, drop kids, and get a big new house and Mercedes courtesy of govt handouts.

More recently, the 10% of my relatives that are commie pinkos have also had it with the immigration problem - much of their viewpoint shift stemming from the violent rapes, etc., while the kraut govt tries to make excuses for the animals who "don't understand Western culture regarding women". Also as reported by the conservative cousin who keeps me most up to date, these current parliamentary elections have really brought out younger people who are trending conservative and have had it with the Greens (who don't just focus on enviro stuff, but also immigration policy and other woke crap as well).

While there likely won't (but might) be a "Germexit", much of Germany has been getting sick of the EU meddling as well. I think overly strict covid policies had a lot to do with this shift.

Good friend from college left Germany for Vietnam. He was a proud member of Die Lienke.  But they went so woke he quit the party.  For reasons I can't fathom he's enamored with communism. But he's very glad to be out of Germany right now.
Formerly sumpnz

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2024, 12:12:40 AM »
But it's too late anyway.
Within a few generations they will be completely outbred by pure mathematical inevitably, and these people they want less of will be running their government and outvoting them. I'm just saying that stopping immigration is neither here nor there at this point. Stopping immigration would have made sense as a policy at one point but it really is closing the barn door after the horse has left situation.

Unfortunately, I have to agree.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2024, 12:14:35 AM »
Assuming they don't go for a solution they've gone for more than a few times in the past. History has a habit of repeating itself.

I'm not sure what "solution" you mean unless you're thinking of the Reich's method.  >:D  [ar15]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2024, 12:32:02 AM »
I'm not sure what "solution" you mean unless you're thinking of the Reich's method.  >:D  [ar15]

Ethnic cleansing has been used many times by many countries throughout European history.
Formerly sumpnz

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2024, 04:47:48 AM »

While there is a real ethnic cleansing via mass grave possibility,  there's also a very real "Round them up and GTFO" possibility. Many of the new immigrants are versions of the same "asylum" seeking we see here.  There's no guarantee that they stay if there's a major government swing.

There is also the less fatal solution that Europe used against the Jews: Make it so unpleasant that the group in question chooses to leave.  Cutting off government assistance and the ability to easily make money combined with little or no public cultural support for the immigrants diversity may cause a bunch to choose to leave.  Where they go might be an open issue at this point.

They could also die in large numbers when the NATO-Russia war spills west.

Lots of possibilities,  none very pleasant, if/when ethnic Europeans decide "enough".  They are as aware of the breeding issue as we are, it seems.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2024, 09:51:40 AM »

Are the European governments actually going to start deporting people?

I don't think governments particularlly care what the voters want, and the rich elite are in favor swamping the western world with immigrants.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2024, 09:54:37 AM »
Ethnic cleansing has been used many times by many countries throughout European history.

This
For one example don't forget Spain used to be largely Muslim.
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2024, 10:41:33 AM »
Are the European governments actually going to start deporting people?

I don't think governments particularlly care what the voters want, and the rich elite are in favor swamping the western world with immigrants.

Which is what makes these new governments getting voted more traction interesting to watch.  Remember:  European govvernments are much more often ruling coalitions than our two party system, and real concessions are often made to secure those coalitions.

If the "rich elites" have to choose between letting the "far-right" deport a bunch of Africans, or losing the governmental levers that make them rich?  Those Africans might be *expletive deleted*ed.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2024, 09:11:26 AM »
I hope you are right.

In the USA, the policies that are popular with voters are completely insignificant with either party.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2024, 02:30:06 PM »
Came across this on X
Can't speak for the truthfulness of the post

https://x.com/SeibtNaomi/status/1808807970064445692
Naomi Seibt
@SeibtNaomi
24 hours. 10 reports of knife attacks. The offenders: All migrants.

This is Germany 2024 🇩🇪

« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 03:10:12 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2024, 03:04:09 PM »
^^^

A quick read of the text in the image doesn't mention migrants. It mentions "a man", "men", "suspects", "Unknown persons", but nothing specific about identity or race. Most of the bolding seems to focus on the fact that they were all knife attacks. There could be identifying information in the actual stories, but unless I missed it, nothing in the image.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2024, 03:08:19 PM »
^^^

A quick read of the text in the image doesn't mention migrants. It mentions "a man", "men", "suspects", "Unknown persons", but nothing specific about identity or race. Most of the bolding seems to focus on the fact that they were all knife attacks. There could be identifying information in the actual stories, but unless I missed it, nothing in the image.

Thanks, I suspected as much. I don't speak/read Gerperson
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2024, 07:01:32 PM »
Interestingly, while the continent seems to be getting more conservative, it appears the Brits are voting in the other direction:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/uk-election-exit-polling-suggests-labour-headed-landslide-victory

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • But they're SUPPOSED to be "military-style."
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2024, 11:26:56 PM »

Xenophobia is a survival trait.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2024, 11:00:36 AM »
Interestingly, while the continent seems to be getting more conservative, it appears the Brits are voting in the other direction:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/uk-election-exit-polling-suggests-labour-headed-landslide-victory

I have read that the "Conservative" party in Britian has been composed of incompetent squishes who don't actually do anything conservative (like cut immigration).... so a lot of conservative voters ditched them for the Reform Party.... splitting the vote.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2024, 11:02:22 AM »
I have read that the "Conservative" party in Britian has been composed of incompetent squishes who don't actually do anything conservative (like cut immigration)....

So their version of the republican party
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Pb

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2024, 11:02:32 AM »
So their version of the republican party

Exactly.   :mad: