Author Topic: Worst movie you've ever seen?  (Read 22129 times)

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Worst movie you've ever seen?
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2005, 02:17:12 PM »
I noticed a few movies on this list that I actually kind of enjoyed.  I guess I am easily entertained.  I have seen a few stinkers, though.  Several come to mind:

Leaving Las Vegas
Tetsuo:  The Iron Man
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2005, 10:19:30 AM »
The [loooooong pause] Sheltering [loooooong pause] Sky

More than 2 hours of absolutely nothing happening.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2005, 08:06:20 PM »
Terror Toons... If anybody ever asks you to watch this movie, reject at all costs.  It's not terrifying... let's just say that the budget was $20.00, and someone's walking around with $18.95 that they shouldn't have.

Any Adam Sandler movie.

Any Ben Stiller movie.

Any Woody Allen movie.

*Puts flame suit on* Any movie from before 1975, except for the following:  Ben-Hur, The Wizard of Oz, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, Nosferatu, Metropolis, and any James Bond movie.

Except for the Living Daylights.

Almost any Haley Joel Osment movie.

rolleyes

If I had to pick one, though... it'd be Terror Toons hands-down.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2005, 08:17:51 PM »
Any movie from before 1975
Hey now, Lawrence Of Arabia was released in 1962.

Now, you want to talk about those silly matrix movies...  whew, that's two hours of my life that I desperately want back...  Tongue

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2005, 08:39:05 PM »
*sigh* Yeah, they were diappointing, but not the worst.

If Zulu came out before 1975, then that one amde the exception list too. Smiley
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Justin

• friend
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2005, 07:00:31 AM »
Worst "real" movie I've ever seen?

Final Justice

Joe Don Baker playing, I kid you not, an Indian.

Worst indy "film" would have to go to

Security, Colorado

Two hours of absolutely nothing happening in some chick's life.  Shot in the town I live in.  Bad camera work, bad angles, bad lighting, horrid dialogue and acting on par with a bran muffin.  Seriously, the most exciting moment in the whole thing is the part where one of the main characters almost swears.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

Justin

• friend
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2005, 08:43:07 AM »
Oh yeah, and Michael Bay should never be allowed near a camera again.  Every one of his movies remind me of the amplifier from "This is Spinal Tap."

You know, "This one goes to eleven!"

Blah.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

armedcitizen

« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2005, 12:13:30 PM »
The Accidental Tourist.

Risasi

• friend
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2005, 02:50:35 PM »
Really I need to know what you mean by "worst movie". Some are very tongue in cheek or satirical. It's all personal preference, like guns. Some want realism (like me*), and some are looking for an escape from reality.

But if you made me pick, I would have to say "Luther the Geek".

Still there are far too many to pick from.

*Personally I can watch The Wizard of Oz, and Dr. Strangelove, or just about any old Clint Eastwood, Michael Mann or Sam Pekinpah movie over and over and over (and over). Sometimes even several times a day. Just playing in the background while doing something else. Some of these listed are very different than the others. Some seek realism in technical details, (like Heat or Bullit) Others border on the absurd, (like Wizard of Oz, or Gross Point Blank). So it's all about what entertains you.

uvakat

• friend
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2005, 07:21:00 AM »
Since this thread refuses to die... I'll add another one... The RING and Signs... I know people thought these movies were scary, but I know I was laughing too hard during both of them to be scared... Sad lol but I don't know I've seen some horrible ones esp from the before they were famous time period.
Nothing like a couple hundred rounds down range to make a girl feel better.  

crownvic

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2005, 08:55:41 AM »
Napoleon Dynamite was the worst piece of junk I have ever wasted my time and money on. Just awful.

Dave Markowitz

• friend
    • http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2005, 10:36:21 AM »
Quote from: Iapetus
I can't remember the name of the film, but it was a moderately old WWII movie, (that I saw on TV a few years ago) about an Allied (UK?) sailor who was captured by a German warship.

The warship was being persued by an Allied vessel, and had to put in at a deserted island in the Atlantic for (very hurried) repairs.  The the sailor managed to escape, and fled to the island with a rifle, where he spent several days sniping at the repair crews, in an attempt to prevent the German ship escaping before the Allied warship turned up, while the Germans tried to stop him, using their ships guns, counter-snipers, and armed patrols.

(clip)
I haven't seen it, but that sounds like Brown on Resolution.  It was based on a book by C.S. Forester and took place during WWI, not WWII.  Great book.

Strings

« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2005, 09:55:44 PM »
Ok... WORST movie ever? Zardoz, starring Sean Connery... a YOUNG Sean Connery. We STILL discuss what the heck that movies was about, hoping SOMEONE will (eventually) figure out what the actual plot was. There were only two possible redeeming things in the film: the women's costumes (or lack, too bad they didn't get better-looking women); and the immortal line "the penis is bad, the gun is good"...

A few friends and I sat with my FIL, and he picked what we would watch. He came up with that, and we spent the entire time expecting it to get better: it never did. Next day, we took EVERY remote in the house away from the FIL...

brimic

• friends
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Hunter Rose
Ok... WORST movie ever? Zardoz
LOL, holy crap was that a terrible movie. I watched about the first 45 minutes of it one night when it was on at 3AM, it was as much as I could take. Sad
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RealGun

• friend
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2005, 12:15:16 PM »
Another interesting category would be movies I wouldn't consider watching.

Of the ones I got roped into watching, All About Mary was by far the worst I have ever seen. One glimpse of Ben Stiller and I change channels. I would like to forget it.

I spotted another post that mentioned Tuxedo. I thought it was entertaining and am a Jackie fan. He's funny. I liked the eye candy too in Jennifer Love Hewitt. They were great together.

Jason

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2005, 12:39:06 PM »
I am a big fan of Bruce Campbell, but I thought his last movie (Alien Apocalypse) was the worst movie I have ever seen.

I am a fan of B movies, and loved his movies like Army of Darkness and Bubba Ho-tep, but Alien Apocalypse was a huge stinker. I don't understand why he even did it.

Justin

• friend
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2005, 03:30:38 PM »
Bubba Ho-Tep was fun!

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2005, 05:35:02 PM »
Zardoz wasn't so bad.  Kinda low production, but there was a clever twist at the end.

I've seen much worse.

Isn't Bruce Campbell the actor in Briscoe County, or something like that ?  Fun TV western.

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2005, 07:15:13 PM »
The Thin Red Line

with an honorable mention to Napoleon Dynamite

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2005, 11:47:27 PM »
DeputyVaugn,

Another Stallone film is even worse: Rhinestone.   :barf:
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2005, 03:23:46 PM »
For worst movie ever....
Hmm, so many honorable mentions....
I can't decide. Either Ghosts of Mars, or Billy Jack.
Hi.

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2005, 05:26:36 AM »
I'm weighing in again with an amusing anecdote.  

I forget the movie, I didn't see it.  But my father and stepmother did, it was about some german composer as a child (Amadeus?) and his rise to become a great composer.  Incredibly boring, according to them.

It seems that everyone in the theatre was pretty restless and not really enjoying it.  There was one scene during which the young composer was riding in a carriage watching the countryside go by.  This scene lasted, as timed by my stepmom, for FIFTEEN MINUTES!  No dialogue, no action, nothing but shots of the kid's face in the carriage going down a road.

Anyway, after about ten minutes of this, my Dad falls asleep in the theatre chair.  My dad snores, loudly, clearly, cuttingly, and without any reserve at all.  As soon as people in the theatre started hearing, it, they started cracking up.  People were laughing for a good five or ten minutes at the loud snoring during this painfully boring movie.  After he woke up, people told him that that his falling asleep, providing the wordless commentary was the most enjoyable part of the film.

Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

JAlexander

• friend
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2005, 07:48:31 AM »
Any Ben Stiller movie.
I agree with you, except for Dodgeball.  I laughed at that a lot.  Mind you, Dodgeball is no Blazing Saddles, but it's still funny.

James

TonyB

« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2005, 07:55:04 AM »
Just saw another one...FUZZ with Bert Reynolds..holy crap..this movie SUCKED..no plot or script..even Raquel Welch didn't save this POS....I was actually hoping to fall asleep during this.....one peice of advice..never misplace the remote and be too lazy to look for it......
I may be paranoid,but that's only because they're after me.....

DigMe

« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2005, 11:42:37 AM »
I didn't find Dodgeball all that funny.  I thought Mystery Men was a better Stiller movie.  I liked Zoolander too but I'm sure many hated that one.  

Matilda: I became...
Hansel: What?
Matilda: Bulimic.
Derek Zoolander: You can read minds?

Mugatu: I give you, "The Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good."
Derek Zoolander: What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read if they can't even fit inside the building?

Mugatu: I invented the piano key neck tie! I invented it! What have you done, Derek? Nothing!

Derek Zoolander: Now if you'll excuse me, I have an after-funeral party to attend.

Hansel: You can dere-lick my balls cap-E-tan.
Derek Zoolander: I can Dere-lick my own balls.

Anyway....

brad cook