Author Topic: Worst movie you've ever seen?  (Read 22128 times)

Preacherman

Worst movie you've ever seen?
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2005, 08:34:09 PM »
Any teen movie from the past decade.  Includes all references to American pies, something about someone, what you did last summer, and anything else remotely related to the genre.

:x
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

Wildalaska

• friend
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2005, 10:03:49 PM »
"tentacle" is not an obscene word.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Need a max laughin smiley fer that one......

The Japanese girls "act the shy, but they are very, very dirty, with the sex".

How did she know? :twisted:

WildneverminditsafamilyboardAlaska
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

spacemanspiff

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2005, 07:56:59 AM »

it is when you are as prudish and wholesome as i am.

wheres the saintly emoticon? preacherman, this wont work only having devilish similies. gimme something holy. for now, this one will have to work.  :oops:
Wear a Yellow Armband!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2005, 05:37:52 PM »
Moulin Rouge- worst movie I never saw. Was in the backroom playing online games while my wife watched it. She said it was bad, I found it annoying 2 rooms away.

The Hunted- Pure crapola- why bring a knife to a knife fight when you carry a gun? rolleyes

Most of the movies released to DVD in the last 4 months- most of them I have either fallen asleep while watching, or turned them off after watching for 1/2 hour most are so forgettable that I don't remember the titles. 21 grams was the last one I turned off 1/2 way through that one I rented last week.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ready on the Right

« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2005, 06:01:07 PM »
There is a mid-90s movie with Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins where they crash an airplane in some woods together.  I had the misfortune of watch a bit of the "Making of..." documentary while flipping through channels.

The scene that caught my eye was an attack by a Grizzly Bear.  The two of them fight it off with pointy sticks and by making faces and screaming at the very large bear.  Watching the filming of that scene and the "artistry" of the "actors" waving pointy sticks and screaming at a bear was the stupidest thing that I've ever seen.

Every time I see the movie cover in the video store of Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins screaming at the camera, I get a little more stupid.  I could not imagine actually watching that movie.

I looked it up -- it's called "The Edge".
There is no such thing as a "deadly weapon", there are only deadly people.

HForrest

« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2005, 07:49:41 PM »
Independence Day.

Sean Smith

« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2005, 04:45:21 AM »

it is when you are as prudish and wholesome as i am.

wheres the saintly emoticon? preacherman, this wont work only having devilish similies. gimme something holy. for now, this one will have to work.  :oops:

http://www.mysmilies.com/?cat=angels

Chut1st

• http://www.geocities.com/chut1st/night_vision
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2005, 08:44:17 AM »
Only good thing about "Titanic" was the music in steerage.  Gaelic Storm is my favorite band.

Worst movie: SWMBO dragged me to see "The Bridges of Madison County".  Say it ain't so, Clint!
"There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action."  Goethe

Dave Markowitz

• friend
    • http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2005, 10:25:55 AM »
I'm gonna throw mine in there and say "From Dusk Til Dawn".  I hated that movie.

Man, what is wrong with you? Cheesy That movie ROCKS!  Topless dancing vampires rule!

Ktulu

• http://www.michiganshooter.com
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »
I looked up "subjective" in the dictionary and there was a picture of this thread.

BAH!
Jeff

MichiganShooter.cOm

"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - Cicero

Schuey2002

• friend
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2005, 02:05:02 PM »
"THE ENGLISH PATIENT".

"You know, sex in a bathtub.. that doesn't work!"  cheesy

Sharpie613

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2005, 02:48:12 PM »
TheEgg wrote:
"THE ENGLISH PATIENT".

"You know, sex in a bathtub.. that doesn't work!"

Seconded.

The English Patient is an awful movie. I can't even think of a redeeming quality to it. At least Battlefield Earth is funny, Dusk till Dawn had the female scenery and way over the top blood and gore, etc. Most bad movies have something that makes me want to sit through them till the end. Oh well...I was probably going to waste those 2+ hours chasing women and other unwholesome activities.

Evil_Ed

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2005, 06:07:41 PM »
Again with the "I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet." ... Highlander 2 ... We had a whole group of Highlander (original movie) fans go with us and EVERYONE was PO'd by the end of the first 5 minutes. The only reason we stayed through the whole movie was we kept thinking "it can't get any worse, can it?" I still refuse to watch it and have even avoided the newer version of it where they supposedly cut out all the cheesy sci-fi crap (floating surfboard/skateboards? immortal aliens that didn't remember they were aliens, a headless man coming back to life when beheading is supposedly the only sure way to off them??) garbage

"Evil Ed"

...has left the building.

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2005, 06:29:47 PM »
Tossup between Battlefield Earth, anything by Michael Moore, and Highlander II.

I actually really liked the English Patient.

juggler

« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2005, 03:35:38 AM »
"If we made it through My Left Foot together we can make it through anything."

That't the way I feel about 'Lorenzo's Oil'. I am not a fan of bodily fluids to begin with, and to watch what they have to do to that poor kid........not my idea of entertainment.

Same with the "Passion". Not being into bondage and S&M I don't see any reason to sit through it.

Highlander #1 is one of my favorites, #2 was a major disappointment.

They really trashed Battlefield, but I liked the book so had to check it out.

Dune was alright if you spent the time to compare the scenes on the screen with what was going on in the book. I saw it in the theater and spent some time explaining it to fellow movie-goers who kept going 'HUH?"
Ice STILL belongs in drinks

Para2

« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2005, 07:23:21 AM »
ANY movie based on a book I have read. Particularly if I enjoyed the book.
I can't trust a government that doesn't trust me.

APS Plankowner?
TFL/THR Alumnus

Iapetus

• friend
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2005, 05:50:10 AM »
I can't remember the name of the film, but it was a moderately old WWII movie, (that I saw on TV a few years ago) about an Allied (UK?) sailor who was captured by a German warship.

The warship was being persued by an Allied vessel, and had to put in at a deserted island in the Atlantic for (very hurried) repairs.  The the sailor managed to escape, and fled to the island with a rifle, where he spent several days sniping at the repair crews, in an attempt to prevent the German ship escaping before the Allied warship turned up, while the Germans tried to stop him, using their ships guns, counter-snipers, and armed patrols.

Eventually he was shot and wounded, left for dead, and the German ship escaped.  Shortly after, the British ship turned up, and you saw him being carried off.

The film concluded with a scene showing his mother collecting a posthumous VC on his behalf.

"The End".

And then an announcment came on, saying that "In a first in the history of cinema", the film was to be shown with two endings "which the audience could then vote as to which they prefered".

(So they then showed an alternative ending, where the sailor recovered and recieved the medal himself).

Which completely ruined the the mood of the film and broke the sense of continuity, and turned what was up until then quite a good film into something that felt pointless and a waste of time watching.

Cool Hand Luke 22:36

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2005, 08:44:16 AM »
I want to change my vote to "Easy Rider"

I could have built a chopper and ridden it from LA to New Orleans in less time than it took to watch that stinking movie.
"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
Henry David Thoreau

Pebcac

• friend
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2005, 10:29:08 AM »
I've seen some really bad stuff, but "Graveyard Shift" has to be the worst.  I still lament the loss of that time from my life that I'll never get back.  rolleyes
Problem exists between computer and chair.

Wedge

• friend
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2005, 11:02:41 AM »
I agree with Moulin Rouge.  I went to the bathroom like 10 times just to get away from it.

theCZ

• friend
    • http://www.hunewill.com
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2005, 12:22:46 PM »
Hey, I liked Lost in Translation.  A Japanese girl asked me to go see it with her, maybe that had something to do with it?

commygun

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2005, 03:04:48 PM »
Pearl Harbor
I not only regretted the price of admission but came out of the theater actually
resenting the fact that I had wasted three hours of a sunny Sunday afternoon
watching it. The first time I can remember feeling so strongly about a bad movie.
My wife liked it or I would have walked out of this ludicrous Soap with Strafing
in the first 20 minutes.

Taurus

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2005, 06:51:49 PM »
Das Boot
J. D. White

Sean Smith

« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2005, 05:28:47 AM »
Quote from: commygun
Pearl Harbor
I not only regretted the price of admission but came out of the theater actually
resenting the fact that I had wasted three hours of a sunny Sunday afternoon
watching it. The first time I can remember feeling so strongly about a bad movie.
My wife liked it or I would have walked out of this ludicrous Soap with Strafing
in the first 20 minutes.
"Team America: World Police" does a great job insutling the movie "Pearl Harbor" in song.

"Pearl Harbor"

I miss you more then Michael Bay missed the mark
When he made Pearl Harbor
I miss you more than that movie missed the point
And thats an awful lot girl
And now, now youve gone away
And all Im trying to say is
Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you

I need u like Ben Affleck needs acting school
He was terrible in that film
I need u like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part
Hes way better than Ben Affleck
And now all I can think about is your smile
and that shitty movie too
Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you

Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies?
I guess Pearl Harbor sucked
Just a little bit more than I miss you

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2005, 05:40:04 AM »
Hackers.  An incredibly stupid movie, although now I see why people believe that any 10 year old with spare time is going to bring down the entire US infrastructure rolleyes
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'