Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 43417 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #1400 on: May 14, 2024, 10:00:06 AM »
There isn't enough popcorn in the world for this

The whole thing is so stressful and sad, like Satan dreamed up the best possible way to make people who hate Trump hate each other... "I know! A massive Palestinian terrorist attack in Israel!!"
    — Rick Perlstein (@rickperlstein) May 11, 2024
    I'll say it once. Vote for who you like, or don't vote. But Trump in the White House during a Mideast war may mean World War III, and species extinction. Which is worse than genocide. The inability of some on the Left to grasp this is a self-regarding failure of the imagination. https://t.co/YsfHxsO05P
    — Rick Perlstein (@rickperlstein) May 11, 2024

It's So 'Stressful and Sad' That Hamas Terror Attack Turned Trump Haters Against Each Other
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/05/13/its-so-stressful-and-sad-that-hamas-terror-attack-turned-trump-haters-against-each-other-n2396197
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1401 on: May 14, 2024, 10:23:59 AM »

The war in Gaza is a war against impoverished natives to exterminate them and steal their land, not a war between great powers.

What happened on Oct 7th De Selby?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1402 on: May 14, 2024, 11:43:19 AM »
Some people did something.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1403 on: May 14, 2024, 02:59:32 PM »
It's almost disappointing that it appears Civil War 2 will be won by our side without us even breaking a sweat. Jiminy Christmas - I look worse than this pretty much every day that I work on the farm, and don't even notice until evening when I look down at my arm or something and think, "How did that bruise get there?" What a bunch of Marys.

https://twitchy.com/laura-w/2024/05/14/peaceful-protest-injuries-n2396194
This is just funny.   =)

..and this...
Did somebody try to fish out a quarter between the driver's seat and the console!? 🤣🤣🤡🤣🤣
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #1404 on: May 14, 2024, 09:24:06 PM »

A rag tag band of impoverished Palestinians with AKs overran some Israeli military positions and then killed civilians amounting to roughly 1200 dead, half military half civilian.

I think the civilian deaths were crimes. But everyone on this thread seems to think it’s okay to kill civilians if they support their side’s military.

Why is it okay to kill Palestinians for supporting Hamas, but then a different rule for Israelis who support the IDF?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1405 on: May 14, 2024, 09:29:05 PM »
A rag tag band of impoverished Palestinians with AKs overran some Israeli military positions and then killed civilians amounting to roughly 1200 dead, half military half civilian.

So De Selby... is it possible the above is the reason Israel is attacking Hamas and it is not, in fact, "a war against impoverished natives to exterminate them and steal their land"?

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #1406 on: May 14, 2024, 09:38:55 PM »
So De Selby... is it possible the above is the reason Israel is attacking Hamas and it is not, in fact, "a war against impoverished natives to exterminate them and steal their land"?

So the war started October 7? There was no violence between the parties before then?

If you pick arbitrary starts you can make anyone out to be the bad guy - I’m sure there are people in Afghanistan right now saying that all their attacks on US troops were retaliation for the US bombing and invasion, conveniently leaving out that whole September 11th bit.

The war here began because some people in Europe, based on their holy book, decided they had the right to move to someone else’s country and take it by force. That’s the reality of how Israel was founded - it’s completely unreasonable to expect the Palestinians to accept that they should be kicked out of their ancestral homes because some people in Europe claim god gave them superior rights to that land.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1407 on: May 14, 2024, 09:54:51 PM »
 deleted

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1408 on: May 14, 2024, 10:01:33 PM »
So the war started October 7? There was no violence between the parties before then?

If you pick arbitrary starts you can make anyone out to be the bad guy

Is October 7th an arbitrary date, or is that the date Hamas decided to rape and kill as many Jews as possible?

Tell us De Selby.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1409 on: May 14, 2024, 10:05:53 PM »
The war here began because some people in Europe, based on their holy book, decided they had the right to move to someone else’s country and take it by force. That’s the reality of how Israel was founded - it’s completely unreasonable to expect the Palestinians to accept that they should be kicked out of their ancestral homes because some people in Europe claim god gave them superior rights to that land.

I never learned history in high school (my HS sucked) so I'm a little light on the details, but I think England won the "holy land" fair and square from Egypt and maybe Turkey during WW1 and they could do with it whatever they pleased.  They decided to give it to the Jews after WW2.  Between WW1 and '2, the land was governed by Egypt but was still part of the British Empire.

Then there's the matter of the 1967 "Six Day War" where the borders got pushed back.  The Arabs invaded Israel and have never forgiven Israel for beating them. They use the so-called Palestinians as a constant source of troubles for Israel -- that's why Egypt and Jordan (and AFAIK all the other Arab countries as well) will not take Palestinian refugees.
"It's good, though..."

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #1410 on: May 14, 2024, 10:11:13 PM »

:rofl:

The jews have the longest continuous claim to the land of modern day Isreal, as well as parts of modern day Syria,  Jordan and Egypt that anyone in recorded history.  The Caananites have an older claim but anyone with Caananite ancestry likely doesn't know it because they disappeared/were wiped out thousands of years ago.

The jews were "given" Isreal because of the Nazi holocaust and the realization that without a proper homeland they'd never be free from genocide/ethnic cleansing/pogroms/etc. Though, that's not really held true anyway.

When deciding who is evil, and who is righteous, a simple test will settle the question. If one side were to unilaterally disarm and seek to live peaceably, how would the other side react?  The side that would choose peaceable coexistence is the righteous side.  The side that would kill everyone on the other side is the evil side.

And if you would conclude the Palestinians would be the righteous side you are so incredibly delusional that polite conversation on the topic is simply impossible.
Formerly sumpnz

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1411 on: Today at 05:56:40 AM »
I never learned history in high school (my HS sucked) so I'm a little light on the details, but I think England won the "holy land" fair and square from Egypt and maybe Turkey during WW1 and they could do with it whatever they pleased.  They decided to give it to the Jews after WW2.  Between WW1 and '2, the land was governed by Egypt but was still part of the British Empire.

Ottoman Empire actually. Before that some Egyptians,  some Mongols, a Chaliphate,  Crusaders for a bit.
There has never been a "Palestine " ruled by folks of Arab descent that were native to that patch of land.  That's a fiction.

Hamas doesn't want to hear it, bur Israel was made out of British land. It was British by right of conquest over the Ottomans. What Palestinian Arabs were there (before the huge Arab immigration between the wars) were at most tenants. It wasn't there land,  it was the Brits.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1412 on: Today at 07:13:13 AM »
"The war here began because some people in Europe, based on their holy book, decided they had the right to move to someone else’s country and take it by force. That’s the reality of how Israel was founded - it’s completely unreasonable to expect the Palestinians to accept that they should be kicked out of their ancestral homes because some people in Europe claim god gave them superior rights to that land."

Do you have ANY *expletive deleted*ing clue at all as to how Muslims came to be in control of what is now Israel and the rest of that region?

Violent, forceful conquest based on THEIR HOLY BOOK.

That's right... Followers of Islam forcefully conquered Jewish lands, believing that they had the right to take someone else's country by force.

That's the reality of how the "Palestinians" came to claim "Palestine" as their own. They were invaders.

So, you don't think "Palestinians" should be kicked out of their ancestral homes, but you're just peachy keen with Jews being forced out of their ancestral homes? Ancestral homes that they had inhabited for literally thousands of years before Islamic Jihad invaded the holy land starting in the early 7th century?

What kind of *expletive deleted*ed up logic is that?

Obviously once based on Islamic holy book perfectly fine!

Christian holy book evil and violent!

And one based on an apparently complete and total lack of understanding of the actual history of the region.

Try harder to understand next time. And try to do so without swallowing Hamas-based propaganda hook, line, and bomb vest.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1413 on: Today at 07:25:10 AM »
If you pick arbitrary starts you can make anyone out to be the bad guy
This applies equally to picking 1948 over another date.

The war here began because some people in Europe, based on their holy book, decided they had the right to move to someone else’s country and take it by force.
The war there began well before recorded history.  Also, I'm curious which bits of land have never been taken by force by one group or another.

That’s the reality of how Israel was founded - it’s completely unreasonable to expect the Palestinians to accept that they should be kicked out of their ancestral homes because some people in Europe claim god gave them superior rights to that land.
When you personally return all your holdings back to the respective indigenous peoples and move to Europe then I might consider whether you actually believe this, but we both know you don't.  You hold Israel to a standard you wouldn't dream of living up to yourself.