Author Topic: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)  (Read 46570 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)
« Reply #175 on: February 29, 2016, 08:49:43 PM »
And, someone has done it.

They've set the Jesus chase scene to Yakkity Sax...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUkYepOl0Jg

I don't care what you set to Yakkity Sax, it's just damn funny!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #176 on: February 29, 2016, 11:35:22 PM »
In a sense, they were muscle ever since they arrived in Alexandria.  In volunteering to take on Negan and the Saviors, they've become, in essence, mercenaries.

I suspect that they will underestimate the Saviors as an adversary, and this little adventure is going to go all sorts of sideways.

My thoughts exactly.

Life as a merc can be "interesting", but can often be short.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2016, 09:40:59 AM »
Don't forget the Governor's  wall of head aquariums...

OK, the first time I saw the head aquariums, I have to admit I laughed out loud...

Why?

And holy hell, I never noticed this before, but Grover Cleveland is shown twice, two heads in two jars -- he served non-sequential terms in office.

That's funny!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #178 on: March 07, 2016, 01:22:07 AM »
Well, that was exciting.  Plenty of gunplay, knifeplay, Daryl finds his motorcycle . . . and everything goes to *expletive deleted*it at the end.

No sign of Negan yet.  No idea what percentage of the Saviors got snuffed.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #179 on: March 07, 2016, 05:51:57 AM »
And Alicia Witt is back! I knew I recognized that voice!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
Re:
« Reply #180 on: March 07, 2016, 07:04:12 AM »
And Alicia Witt is back! I knew I recognized that voice!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hope she's as good here as she was in Season 5 of Justified.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #181 on: March 07, 2016, 10:05:28 AM »
Been a fan of her since she was the daughter on "Cybil".

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2016, 10:26:28 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2016, 11:00:12 AM »
Hope she's as good here as she was in Season 5 of Justified.

I don't think that's going to be a problem. I've not seen her in a lot of stuff, but I've seen her in enough rolls to know that she's seriously talented.

Dune not withstanding. :rofl:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2016, 08:02:38 AM »
SPOILERS IN THIS POST

So if you read on past, and I ruin something for you, your fault.

Holy hell last night's episode was incredible! It's probably my second favorite episode, right after "What's Happening and What's Going On," the one where Tyreese dies.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed, though, that they killed off Paula (Alicia Witt) after essentially 1 episode! The interplay between her and Carol was absolutely incredible. That is a dance that I wish could have played out over several episodes, or even an entire season. Not to mention the fact that I think she's an incredible actress.

How Carol dealt with the recon team? "Meet us in the kill room." Yikes... 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2016, 11:19:38 AM »
Really.

I thought last night's episode would have people here freaking out.

Y'all are disappointing me.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2016, 12:09:50 PM »
Been busy.

And indeed.  Top five for sure.  They've stepped up this entire season.  

Carol is my favorite chameleon.  She plays the broken little thing so well, right until it's time to shoot someone in the face.  Although, it's pretty obvious the struggle is real for her right now, she still does what needs doin.
We are all negan. This has some interesting possibilities.  They executed the bald guy before Carol could tell Rick that....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2016, 12:14:11 PM »
We already know the actor who is playing Negan.

That wasn't him.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2016, 12:18:37 PM »
Yup, very good episode. The Nagan women were interesting dialog-wise on their history.

As to Carol being a chameleon, so much so for me in this episode that it had me wondering if she actually was putting on an act, or if she was letting some "old Carol" out.

To throw in one of my usual tactical complaints: The easiest way to get the jump on anyone in the WD universe is to draw your gun and shoot them, even if they have a gun pointed at you. Because EVERYONE seems to have to chamber a round before their first shot. Well, except Rick and his Python.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2016, 12:44:43 PM »
I guess I am the only one not spectacularly impressed   by last night's episode.  Oh, it was good .... just not great. 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #190 on: March 14, 2016, 01:00:57 PM »
I think she's definitely letting some old Carol out.

Or the old Carol is coming out whether she wants it to or not.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2016, 01:01:20 PM »
I guess I am the only one not spectacularly impressed   by last night's episode.  Oh, it was good .... just not great. 

WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA, YOU FRIGGING COMMIE?

:rofl:

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2016, 03:09:49 PM »
Yup, very good episode. The Nagan women were interesting dialog-wise on their history.

As to Carol being a chameleon, so much so for me in this episode that it had me wondering if she actually was putting on an act, or if she was letting some "old Carol" out.

To throw in one of my usual tactical complaints: The easiest way to get the jump on anyone in the WD universe is to draw your gun and shoot them, even if they have a gun pointed at you. Because EVERYONE seems to have to chamber a round before their first shot. Well, except Rick and his Python.  :laugh:

They showed Carol taking a toll in the previous episode of the number of living she's killed.  I think that it's eating at her now that she has time to think about it, and that's what we saw.  Carol wants to bake cookies and *expletive deleted*it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »

Can't disagree with any of this.  At first, I was wondering if Carol really was having some sort of breakdown.

One tactical complaint: Carol hesitated while holding Paula at gunpoint, and got close enough for Paula to knock the pistol away.  Lazy writing, IMO.

Other than that, great episode.  I especially liked how the Savior women were sort-of dark counterparts to Carol and Maggie (i.e., Carol and Maggie might have wound up like them had things gone differently post-apocalypse).

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2016, 07:14:36 PM »
Can't disagree with any of this.  At first, I was wondering if Carol really was having some sort of breakdown.

One tactical complaint: Carol hesitated while holding Paula at gunpoint, and got close enough for Paula to knock the pistol away.  Lazy writing, IMO.

Other than that, great episode.  I especially liked how the Savior women were sort-of dark counterparts to Carol and Maggie (i.e., Carol and Maggie might have wound up like them had things gone differently post-apocalypse).

Carol hesitated because she didn't want to kill yet another person. 
JD

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2016, 07:24:23 PM »
Carol hesitated because she didn't want to kill yet another person. 

I get that part.  She should not have gotten so close to Paula.  She did so because the writer wanted a dramatic hand-to-hand combat scene.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2016, 08:40:07 PM »
"Carol hesitated while holding Paula at gunpoint, and got close enough for Paula to knock the pistol away.  Lazy writing, IMO."

I disagree. I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Carol was mesmerized by Paula, and to a degree, Paula was mesmerized by Carol.

The whole episode was about Carol and Paula seeing themselves in each other -- Paula seeing herself in the past, and Carol seeing herself in the future. In essence, Carol and Paula are the same person. Carol is still keeping count of how many humans she's killed, but you can see at points she's really wondering if it matters; Paula says she stopped counting at double digits.

Both lost their children, and both, in ways, killed men to whom they were intimately attached, Paula her boss, Carol her husband.

Carol's been struggling with what she is the last couple of episodes. She was hard, and getting harder, until Morgan showed up. While she disagrees with him, I think she's been affected by his "all life is precious" mantra. That still doesn't keep her from killing, but she's questioning it more and more.

That final dialog between Carol and Paula is all of that in spades, and Carol couldn't break free of that until she was forced to.

I think we're going to see more of Carol's search for self in the coming episodes, and I wouldn't be surprised if she falls more under Morgan's spell.

I was really hoping, though, that Paula would have just turned and ran and escaped. I would have loved to have seen the dance between Paula and Carol play out over a longer period of time.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2016, 09:15:06 PM »
Interesting that they brought Alicia Witt in for a single episode. With the show still holding/gaining popularity,  I wonder if we might see some other name actors come around for single episodes...

As for Carol, I find the continuing evolution of the charcter one of the best elements of the show.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2016, 06:31:02 AM »
It took me a good five minutes before I remembered she was in Justified. I need to take some ginkgo biloba or something.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2016, 08:02:32 AM »
Tactics: Evil Dead vs Walking Dead.