Author Topic: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)  (Read 46546 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2016, 09:49:19 AM »

And holy hell, she was 12.75 klicks (8 miles) away from Alexandria?

Also, she supposedly snuck out in the middle of the night. What's the car's top speed, 0.50mph?

One of the weaker episodes to be sure. Hopefully it's the calm before the storm. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2016, 09:57:33 AM »
Anywhere within 8 miles of Alexandria is well within the sprawl of NoVA/DC, so traveling after the ZA may take that long.  However, there is NOTHING that looks like the scenes shown in the show within even 20 miles of Alexandria.  I'm thinking more like 40 miles. :)

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2016, 09:59:14 AM »
"Also, she supposedly snuck out in the middle of the night. What's the car's top speed, 0.50mph?"

I was thinking about that, too, but I figured she had to push it awhile to get it away from the compound, but yeah, top speed of about .5 MPH....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2016, 10:28:55 AM »
I was thinking about that, too, but I figured she had to push it awhile to get it away from the compound,

Good point - she may have had to push it a couple of miles. From what I remember of the sound effects, it sounded like it was missing a muffler.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
However, there is NOTHING that looks like the scenes shown in the show within even 20 miles of Alexandria.  I'm thinking more like 40 miles. :)

The fact that the series is filmed in Georgia might have something to do with that.

Looking forward to next week.  Negan is coming and he's bringing Lucille.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2016, 02:06:18 PM »
The fact that the series is filmed in Georgia might have something to do with that.

They can film near Atlanta and get a better representation of the region Alexandria is located within than what they're doing today.  The point is there are no wide open spaces as depicted in the show anywhere near Alexandria, VA.

Also, with all the military bases in the area (Quantico, Belvoir, Pentagon), why aren't they raiding those places for supplies?

Chris

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2016, 06:14:45 PM »
They can film near Atlanta and get a better representation of the region Alexandria is located within than what they're doing today.  The point is there are no wide open spaces as depicted in the show anywhere near Alexandria, VA.

Yes, other members have commented on how the area around "Alexandria" looks nothing like NoVA.  Probably their budget limits their choices.

Also, with all the military bases in the area (Quantico, Belvoir, Pentagon), why aren't they raiding those places for supplies?

Fair question.  Lack of research by the writing staff?

And on another note entirely:  poor Darryl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rI5Q21YDnU

"You'll be all right."

Not sure how Darryl is aiming his crossbow.  I see a Picatinny rail but no scope or sights.  What's-her-name's rifle (flat-top AR or derivative) has what looks like a C-More with an aperture rear sight as a BUIS, but no front iron.

(I know: it's the Zombie Apocalypse.  They have to make do.)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #257 on: April 03, 2016, 10:51:59 PM »
Well, I guess the governor was kind of a namby pamby cupcake, all things considered.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #258 on: April 03, 2016, 11:28:21 PM »
Well, I guess the governor was kind of a namby pamby cupcake, all things considered.

Negan must be some sort of whacked-out ex-special forces operator.....
And someone has been eliminated from our group.
Which can't seem to ever catch a break, unless it's applied with a baseball bat.  >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #259 on: April 04, 2016, 07:22:00 AM »
I fell asleep on the couch last night and didn't wake up until almost 10.

I recorded it, so I'll watch it tonight.

Very pissed though, that I forgot to record Talking Dead.

My guess, though, is that we've seen the last of Darryl.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #260 on: April 04, 2016, 09:06:13 AM »
I can't imagine getting rid of a major player in the show like this.  Yeah, I know, draw in the fans for the premier next year, kind of like the whole "who shot JR" thing from back in the day, leave us hanging for six months wondering which one bought it.  But if it was one of the original players, like Daryl or Glenn, I can't see them going from Negan swinging a bat to that character being gone, no emotional impact of watching it happen. Feels like a cheap ploy for ratings bump with the premier next season.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #261 on: April 04, 2016, 09:26:34 AM »
I can see that.

I also have a hard time believing that they could kill Darryl off, unless Reedus actually wants to leave the show, which is a rumor I heard earlier this year.

Here's a recent interview with Reedus. Kind of neat, actually: http://tvline.com/2016/03/27/norman-reedus-leaving-the-walking-dead-daryl-dies-season-6/

If Darryl isn't killed off by Negan, there's still the problem that the only ones Negan has right now are all major cast members.

But.... could this be a misdirection? From what I've learned about Negan's character from reading online, it sounds as if he's the kind of individual who would actually respect the Alexandrians for their ballsiness in taking on his group at least three times and escaping from what seem to be locked in outcomes: Abraham, Darryl, and Sasha at the fuel truck; the group recently that got away (Denise was killed, though) at the train tracks; and Maggie and Carol in the old slaughter house. I think he's the kind of person who would respect that, and who would be quite pissed at the repeated failures of his group to deal with the Alexandrians...

How's this for a possible outcome...

Negan beats Dwight to death for his failure at the railroad tracks AND for shooting and wounding a captured Darryl.
Negan is pissed

birdman

• friend
« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2016, 09:54:44 AM »

It's VA, raid -a house- and get some weapons.  This isn't the Bay Area or NYC...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #263 on: April 04, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »
One reason for it to be Daryl is that he now has his own show on AMC, though plenty of actors do a couple of things at the same time.

Both Abraham and Eugene were kinda setup for death. Abraham finding love, and Eugene saying "goodbyes" and Abraham burying the hatchet with him. I think all the women are safe, and Negan talked about Rick and Carl watching, so they're both safe.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2016, 12:06:01 PM »

Negan beats Dwight to death for his failure at the railroad tracks AND for shooting and wounding a captured Darryl.
Negan is pissed

I could see that...drag out all summer the "who did Negan kill" stories, then drop a surprise like that on the fans.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2016, 01:36:51 PM »
I could see that...drag out all summer the "who did Negan kill" stories, then drop a surprise like that on the fans.

Whoever got killed was kneeling.  I'm pretty sure Dwight was standing, as were the rest of the Saviors.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2016, 01:50:37 PM »
In the comics he kills Glenn, splits his head open and beats it flat.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2016, 02:31:24 PM »
In the comics he kills Glenn, splits his head open and beats it flat.

Yup, but the TV series has deviated from the comics more than a few times.

Whoever it was impressed Negan by "taking it like a champ."  I don't see Eugene doing that as he was close to tears.  I'm guessing Darryl or Abraham.

For anyone who wants to watch the ending again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_P6Y-WkvF4

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2016, 06:43:58 PM »
A friend has a thery...Negan killed one of his guys.  They come back in the premier,  show that, then show Negan brain Glenn.  Keep the fan base guessing all summer, make them relax, then slap them hard.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #269 on: April 05, 2016, 07:37:27 AM »
starting to look forward to the end of the series.  The writers, even with the blueprint in front of 'em, can't seem to come up with anything that is not totally stupid.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #270 on: April 05, 2016, 08:17:17 AM »
What was Carol packing in her sleave and how did it not jam being fired from within there?, ejection port obstructed and all...
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #271 on: April 05, 2016, 11:03:55 AM »
What was Carol packing in her sleave and how did it not jam being fired from within there?, ejection port obstructed and all...

I believe it was a small revolver.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2016, 11:09:48 AM »
Uhm....

Then she has the fastest trigger finger ever.

And the largest cylinder.

The sound over was automatic weapons fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #273 on: April 05, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »
I believe it was a small revolver.

In another forum it was determined to be a Mac 10.  The reason it didn't jam when fired inside a sleeve is because this was a TV show.  She could have used a Thompson up a sleeve and have it work ... or a fifty caliber....or even a Chaingun off a Bradley Fighting Vehicle.   It's a TV show!   [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #274 on: April 05, 2016, 11:27:43 AM »
I didn't remember the auto fire (but it's WD, so I guess I should have assumed). I just remembered her walking with the small revolver. A MAC 10 seems like it would have been too bulky to get under a sleeve, but yeah, it's a TV show. :)