Author Topic: Local to me news - permit holder killed by police  (Read 24664 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Local to me news - permit holder killed by police
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2016, 04:56:04 PM »

It's actually quite one-sided. BLM parades through the streets saying things like "What do we want? Dead cops!" We don't hear things like that, directed toward anyone, at Tea Parties, or from Rush Limbaugh, or from Fox News. Besides, Claire Wolfe? She's not exactly as high-profile as Black Lives Matter, or the afore-mentioned right-wingers.

Lol.

Rhetoric never drives anyone to violence, except left wing rhetoric!

I've seen plenty violent rhetoric aimed at the .hov, politicians, and black people "thugs" around the right wing world. You can find lots if it here on this forum. But all the gun guys salivating over the prospect of murdering politicians isn't to blame for Gabby Giffords, of course.

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2016, 05:06:18 PM »
Through last year at least, it's been safer to be a cop than it has been for decades.

Attacks on Police have spiked dramatically this year though so I'm not sure that trend will hold.

Why attacks on cops have spiked this year is a mystery for sure. Probably a lot of reasons that experts will have to study for years to come  ;/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2016, 05:34:47 PM »
In fairness, Wolfe has specifically stated "Don't shoot the bastards (yet)."

In even more fairness, Wolfe was not the President of the United States.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2016, 05:36:03 PM »
Why attacks on cops have spiked this year is a mystery for sure. Probably a lot of reasons that experts will have to study for years to come  ;/

I don't think there's any mystery at all. I don't think we need to look any farther than the Race-Baiter-in-Chief for the reason.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2016, 05:39:55 PM »
I don't think there's any mystery at all. I don't think we need to look any farther than the Race-Baiter-in-Chief for the reason.

I don't think it's that simple, but he's a major contributing factor.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2016, 06:06:41 PM »
Lol.

Rhetoric never drives anyone to violence, except left wing rhetoric!

I've seen plenty violent rhetoric aimed at the .hov, politicians, and black people "thugs" around the right wing world. You can find lots if it here on this forum. But all the gun guys salivating over the prospect of murdering politicians isn't to blame for Gabby Giffords, of course.

You seem to be comparing comments on the internet, which is plenty violent on both sides. I was talking about comments in news media, from talk show hosts, and from activist groups. There's where I'm seeing a big difference. But don't let that interrupt your need to be gleeful about how you're smarter and more objective than everyone else. We all love that feeling, don't we?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2016, 07:23:14 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/philando-castile-was-not-wanted-for-armed-robbery/

Snopes does a good analysis of the web rumours about that one.  Short version is: Castile was not a suspect in any robbery.

Sorry CSD, but your risk of being shot by police shouldn't increase solely because someone else robbed a store. A free society isn't one where you assume every interaction with police is one where you very likely could be shot.  Likewise, as has been commented on this thread, if stopping cars is so dangerous, there needs to be a new approach to the practice by LEOs.

Matching description does not equate with being the suspect. But we both already knew that

What opinions do you hold re the police radio transcripts about pulling him over?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2016, 07:26:57 PM »
Matching description does not equate with being the suspect. But we both already knew that

What opinions do you hold re the police radio transcripts about pulling him over?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That he wasn't doing anything except driving along, and pulled over when indicated.

The "I have cause" part seemed a lot like "we just pull people over to check for crimes in this jurisdiction".

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2016, 07:57:41 PM »

You seem to be comparing comments on the internet, which is plenty violent on both sides. I was talking about comments in news media, from talk show hosts, and from activist groups. There's where I'm seeing a big difference. But don't let that interrupt your need to be gleeful about how you're smarter and more objective than everyone else. We all love that feeling, don't we?

That is such a pathetic technique to try to disqualify any counter arguments. "Oh, you disagree with me? Well la dee da looks who's so fancy and knows everything!" The height of hypocrisy, which is exactly what I'd expect from you. 

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2016, 08:08:41 PM »
The "I have cause" part seemed a lot like "we just pull people over to check for crimes in this jurisdiction".

In my corner of the universe, that's called DWB ("Driving While Black").

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2016, 09:40:08 PM »
That is such a pathetic technique to try to disqualify any counter arguments. "Oh, you disagree with me? Well la dee da looks who's so fancy and knows everything!" The height of hypocrisy, which is exactly what I'd expect from you. 

So you disagree with anything I say, just because you don't like me. Very well. You weren't going to win this argument, anyway, as the Tea Party never marched through the streets calling for murder.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2016, 09:47:26 PM »
My position on BLM's is let them do what they will do.

They will either moderate or alienate most of America.

Nobody really cares what a 50+ yr old Christian white guy thinks on the matter anyway.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2016, 11:37:25 PM »
For me the link talking about a possible gun in his lap and his description fitting a robbery suspect don't prove anything.  It just provides a potentially plausible reason for the shooting.  Considering the youtube video is pretty much one-sided, alternative viewpoints are not a bad thing.  Also, I figure the police are not likely to release much information about the police officer's side of things for a while so I don't expect a great deal more information.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2016, 12:29:40 AM »
Hawkmoon speaks the truth.
It's happened to me and Philando Castile plenty of times.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/stopped-52-times-police-racial-profiling-40453378

Also, if one doesn't "match the description", there's always the claim that your vehicle does.

Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

• friends
Re: Re: Local to me news - permit holder killed by police
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2016, 02:51:41 AM »
Typically that charge is made when someone is driving in a neighborhood they don't belong . A white boy driving in the wrong part of town will you pulled over also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2016, 02:52:46 AM »
For me the link talking about a possible gun in his lap and his description fitting a robbery suspect don't prove anything.  It just provides a potentially plausible reason for the shooting.  Considering the youtube video is pretty much one-sided, alternative viewpoints are not a bad thing.  Also, I figure the police are not likely to release much information about the police officer's side of things for a while so I don't expect a great deal more information.  
Unfortunately I don't believe they wear body cams

• friends
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2016, 02:54:21 AM »
Hawkmoon speaks the truth.
It's happened to me and Philando Castile plenty of times.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/stopped-52-times-police-racial-profiling-40453378

Also, if one doesn't "match the description", there's always the claim that your vehicle does.
http://edition.cnn.com/2002/LAW/03/27/nj.speeding.study/index.html

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2016, 06:37:43 AM »

http://www.coloradoindependent.com/31938/coulter-says-kansas-abortion-doctor-was-terminated-in-the-203rd-trimester

Ann Coulter doesn’t “really like to think of it as a murder,” discussing the killing of Kansas abortion provider George Tiller with Bill O’Reilly on Fox News’ The O’Reilly Factor Monday. “I like to think of it as terminating someone in the 203rd trimester,” the conservative personality says

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2016, 06:41:03 AM »
Typically that charge is made when someone is driving in a neighborhood they don't belong . A white boy driving in the wrong part of town will you pulled over also

Yep.  That kind of crap only serves to create more opportunities for tragedies to happen, and subjects free citizens to the experience of "democracy means uniforms telling you what's what" as a lesson in civics.

Way to celebrate the worst aspects of authority  ;/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2016, 08:00:54 AM »
http://www.coloradoindependent.com/31938/coulter-says-kansas-abortion-doctor-was-terminated-in-the-203rd-trimester

Was that supposed to be an example of a right-wing media figure calling for someone's murder? You realize she was lampooning the left's pro-child-killing arguments, yes? And she didn't say anyone should be terminated - you realize that, right?

Even if you do find an example of such from the right, I wasn't saying it never happens. We all know the left (both the politicians and the press) are prone to blame the right-wing figures for acts of violence they're not connected with, committed by people we have no reason to believe took their orders from them. For example, blaming the Tea Party for the actions of a pilot who flew his plane into an IRS building - his suicide note quoted a Communist creed, and mocked capitalism. Sarah Palin was blamed for the shooting of Gabby Giffords and a federal judge, though no connection was ever discovered. Bill Clinton blamed right-wing talk radio for the OKC bombing, despite any clear evidence that the bombers were motivated by same.

On the other side, we have a rather clear-cut case of BLM marchers publicly calling for the murder of police officers, and several police officers (in Dallas and NYC) murdered.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2016, 08:07:52 AM »
In fewer words:

Fistful agrees that Balog was right about there being examples of this from the conservative side.

He just won't accept any single example or string of examples as proof of the point - "you may be able to give examples of the behaviour I just said never occurred, but rest assured, I'll allege they had no connection to anything violent while simultaneously blaming BLM for every black rampage."

About Tiller, LOTS of right wingers said it was defense of the innocent to shoot that guy in church.  The rhetoric has been called out for years as baiting murder, and surprise, lots of abortion clinic workers get murdered because of it.  

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2016, 08:27:17 AM »
Just to keep things in perspective.

Any two weeks in Chicago sees nearly as many if not more murders as all the murders committed against abortionists and related individuals since 1975, across the whole country.

Generally I don't engage in the "kill em all", "sea of glass" type rhetoric on any issue. I do think those among the BLM folks engaging in violent rhetoric are getting a pass right now.

But that is working against them with the majority of folks, they will lose support if they don't police themselves and moderate.  

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2016, 09:06:37 AM »
HERE is the perspective for why the left's (far more prevalent) violent rhetoric is different:

http://www.startribune.com/about-100-arrested-in-st-paul-protests/386197981/

A dramatic protest late Saturday and early Sunday on Interstate 94 in St. Paul turned violent, with 21 police officers injured and more than 100 people arrested.

At an 8 a.m. news conference, Axtell said 21 officers from all law enforcement agencies on the scene were injured in the mayhem. One of them suffered a broken vertebra after a concrete block was dropped on his head; he was still hospitalized as of Sunday afternoon, police said.

The murderous violence in Dallas is merely a step up from the GENERALIZED violence of leftist protests.

Find me a similar circumstance from a Tea Party or Pro-Life protest and I'll take your opinion seriously.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2016, 10:00:28 AM »
In fewer words:

Fistful agrees that Balog was right about there being examples of this from the conservative side.

He just won't accept any single example or string of examples as proof of the point - "you may be able to give examples of the behaviour I just said never occurred, but rest assured, I'll allege they had no connection to anything violent while simultaneously blaming BLM for every black rampage."

About Tiller, LOTS of right wingers said it was defense of the innocent to shoot that guy in church.  The rhetoric has been called out for years as baiting murder, and surprise, lots of abortion clinic workers get murdered because of it.  
How many abortion clinic workers have been murdered?  All together not just recently?  I hear that stuff thrown out there all the time, but no one ever mentions the actual numbers.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2016, 10:19:12 AM »
In fewer words:

If there were, why don't you mention at least one example?

So do you think a racist movement that calls for the murder of police officers is at all to blame, when people murder police officers, and call it revenge for Eric Garner and Michael Brown? (New York City, 2014) Or when someone allied with the New Black Panthers goes on a racist killing spree against police, at a BLM event in Dallas?

Then why did you cite someone NOT saying that?

Also, how many are you calling a lot? Not that one death isn't of huge significance by itself, but you said "a lot," so the numbers must be meaningful to you. How many?