Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 42747 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2023, 12:03:18 PM »
Gaza live feeds

Looks like they still have power, for the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6xBrZFEeiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptGbSDn_MnQ
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2023, 12:05:17 PM »
We used to know that.

Like I said, the West has gotten a little too comfortable with sending troops far away and not feeling any consequences of war,

This is very true. I grew up hearing the stories of civilians (and military) on the other side of WW2. Death became so commonplace that people ignored dead bodies in the streets, fields, or wherever, because there just wasn't enough manpower to get them all. People were more worried about eating that day, or having clothes and fuel to make it through Winter. And not having bombs drop on their town.

I don't believe US citizens have experienced that since the civil war.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2023, 12:12:26 PM »
Rockets flying and big booms on the first live feed. Most of the lights went out at the same time.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2023, 12:16:48 PM »
Circling back to an earlier part of the conversation:

Sky News video of Palestinians celebrating in the West Bank:  https://x.com/SkyNews/status/1710604214555259209?s=20

Seems to be mostly M4's.  At least one has an ACOG and current US issue FDE Enhanced Performance Magazine.  Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2023, 12:20:07 PM »
Seems to be mostly M4's.  At least one has an ACOG and current US issue FDE Enhanced Performance Magazine.  Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Lets go Brandon!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2023, 12:36:38 PM »
Could be captured Isreali kit they're showing off
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 12:53:39 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2023, 12:44:49 PM »
I had no idea that Israel had cracked down that hard on private firearms ownership and carrying.

Wow. They were turning into a major American city... WE NEED GUN CONTROL! Well, not for criminals, but for citizens! It's logical, don't you know!

*expletive deleted*ing insane.

I'm with you. I thought Israel basically wanted all citizens to be armed and carrying all the time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2023, 12:47:20 PM »
Harvard student organizations issue statement laying complete blame for Israel attacks on... Israel.

https://www.newsweek.com/harvard-students-blaming-israel-hamas-attacks-fury-1832997

Was the message approved by David Hogg?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2023, 03:55:48 PM »

Safe to say your men aren't exactly following your instructions

If anyone believes this, they are a fool.  These scum have always targeted civilians.  There were doing exactly what they were ordered to do.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2023, 03:57:02 PM »
If anyone believes this, they are a fool.  These scum have always targeted civilians.  There were doing exactly what they were ordered to do.

I was being sarcastic
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2023, 04:09:13 PM »
*expletive deleted*ck it!
Light the fuse and let it burn.
One way is as good as another.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2023, 10:02:35 PM »
While I hope that Israel clears the Gaza Strip of all 2 legged vermin & expands their borders by that amount, I do hope they can do so without starting WWIII.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2023, 07:45:42 AM »
While I hope that Israel clears the Gaza Strip of all 2 legged vermin & expands their borders by that amount, I do hope they can do so without starting WWIII.
Does anyone actually care enough about these "Palestinians" to go to war over them? I mean a shooting war, not just strongly worded diplomatic statements?

Seeing as other nations in the ME won't take them in . . . I don't think so.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2023, 08:04:54 AM »
Israel has been pounding the absolute *expletive deleted*it out of Gaza the last 24 hours.

Unlike Hamas, Israel is issuing warnings ahead of their air strikes.

Wasted effort, if you ask me.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2023, 08:17:30 AM »
Israel has been pounding the absolute *expletive deleted*it out of Gaza the last 24 hours.

Wasted effort, if you ask me.

I hadn't heard the term "roof knocking" before, but apparently Israel has always done that in past conflicts there to give civilians, and in the case of the military targets hiding behind civilians, the terrorists as well, a chance to flee. It seems to be rarely talked about in our MSM, and I agree - wasted effort. In part, the amount of "collateral damage" falls on Hamas for hiding behind women and children.

This is one of the reasons that I've picked a side here. The Israelis create collateral damage because they have to. Hamas creates it because they want to.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2023, 09:16:02 AM »
I have heard of "roof knocking" in the past, I am kind of surprised they are doing it in this particular inning of the ongoing hostilities they have had with Hamas. Usually it was when they did one or two retaliatory air strikes or artillery rounds but this is a little more wholesale in the way of  air strikes. Doing 'roof knocks" before each one seems counter-productive.

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2023, 10:29:50 AM »
Eventually, Israel is going to have to put boots on the ground and sweep the Gaza Strip from one end to the other, wiping out every Hamas militant -- which in effect should mean every male on the age of about 12. The more they allow to escape rocket attacks thanks to roof knocking, the more will be in the streets to resist the Israeli sweep and clear mission.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2023, 10:39:58 AM »
Eventually, Israel is going to have to put boots on the ground and sweep the Gaza Strip from one end to the other, wiping out every Hamas militant -- which in effect should mean every male on the age of about 12. The more they allow to escape rocket attacks thanks to roof knocking, the more will be in the streets to resist the Israeli sweep and clear mission.

[blink]

That comment shows a remarkable lack of understanding of urban warfare and "clearing" an area.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2023, 10:50:15 AM »
I was being sarcastic

Oh, yeah, I know.  I was just being bitter.   =(

Pb

• friend
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2023, 10:51:24 AM »

;/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2023, 11:12:25 AM »
Nice people Part II

Reporters with i24 News toured the "scene of devastation" in the community of about 700, where soldiers worked to remove bodies of victims who were brutally murdered in their homes. Some soldiers said they found babies with their heads cut off, according to i24 News.
https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/hamas-attack-israel-war

Yes you have to consider the source but still
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2023, 11:16:07 AM »
Slight tangent, but read the room Sulu. Takei is telling the Jews about how tough his people had it in WW2.  Coming from a member of the race whose officers dined on American POWs (among a host of other atrocities) during WW2.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/10/10/spock-takei-n2388358

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2023, 03:24:59 PM »
BLM showing who they support

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/10/10/blm-shows-support-for-hamas-n2388369

Black Paragliders Matter
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2023, 03:28:30 PM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2023, 03:47:41 PM »
Slight tangent, but read the room Sulu. Takei is telling the Jews about how tough his people had it in WW2.  Coming from a member of the race whose officers dined on American POWs (among a host of other atrocities) during WW2.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/10/10/spock-takei-n2388358
It is called "WAR".  Crap happens when you start one.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge