Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 46461 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #525 on: November 07, 2023, 05:00:58 PM »
I'm not saying Hamas' numbers are legit, but having seen pictures and video from Gaza it also it isn't hard to imagine a lot of people have been killed.  Blowing up a crowded city tends to do that.

Of course, Hamas hides behinds human shields for a reason.  They certainly don't mind a few dead Palestinians.
Of course the number is made up.  Otherwise, the number would have been 10,138 or 9873, not 10K even.  Even if there were 10K dead people, I am doubtful Hamas followers have any organized system to find and account for all of them. 

That said, Israeli bombing has been deliberate and they are often dropping small "door knocker" bombs ahead of the big stuff to allow evacuation.  I am sure that is not always happening.  I am also curious how many more Hamas rockets have fallen short. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #526 on: November 07, 2023, 05:37:11 PM »
Wow

Greg Price
@greg_price11
Cori Bush just went on what is probably the most unhinged rant I've ever seen in Congress on the censure resolution of Rashida Tlaib.

She even refused to stop after the mic was cut off.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1721992275004108987?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Croakford
@frahgerdly
Everyone say a prayer for this lady
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #527 on: November 07, 2023, 05:40:55 PM »
Not related to this thread but this link to another Cori Bush video was in the twitter link above and again WOW

https://twitter.com/DogRightGirl/status/1719319408571474129

Durrr..
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #528 on: November 07, 2023, 06:04:35 PM »
Now that Hamas is asking for a ceasefire, their actions in all this reminds me of what happens to a bully when their victim turns on them and gains the upper hand.  Being the coward that most bullies actually are, when the tables are turned against them, they "beg" for "peace".  :facepalm:
So, my question is, should the Israelis slow down or even curtail their operations, possibly giving Hamas the chance to reposition and re-arm themselves, or do they finish the job?  >:D

What would YOU choose to do?  And why?
  [popcorn]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #529 on: November 07, 2023, 07:23:40 PM »
Israel probably cannot "finish" the job. We'll have to send dogmush and friends over there.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #530 on: November 07, 2023, 07:49:13 PM »
I think you listen to what they have tosay while continuing the offensive.  If it seems like there's a chance Hamas will agree to an outcome that Israel is OK with and would allow them to stop active combat you go for it.

Off the top of my head, I'm sure Israel has a list of Hamas leadership.  If they will provide the top 10 or 15 leaders for trial and execution,  Israel might should call it good.

IME nothing cools the angst of the screaming beards like the odds that THEY might have to die for Allah.  According to them Allah needs other young men to die, not the important men.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #531 on: November 07, 2023, 09:03:21 PM »
For Your Situational Awareness

Glad I'm not at an NG site, but a supplier.
Formerly sumpnz

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #532 on: November 08, 2023, 09:02:57 AM »
I think you listen to what they have tosay while continuing the offensive.  If it seems like there's a chance Hamas will agree to an outcome that Israel is OK with and would allow them to stop active combat you go for it.

Off the top of my head, I'm sure Israel has a list of Hamas leadership.  If they will provide the top 10 or 15 leaders for trial and execution,  Israel might should call it good.

IME nothing cools the angst of the screaming beards like the odds that THEY might have to die for Allah.  According to them Allah needs other young men to die, not the important men.

Don't forget the 200+ Israeli hostages that Hamas took.

I'm A-OK with Israel creating a new fault line where Gaza currently stands.  They just had 1400 citizens killed in a very dishonorable way, and 200+ more kidnapped.  Israel is capable of doing it without US assistance.

Israel needs to (NEEDS TO) sate the need for vengeance for all those victims.  The Arab world won't respect them if they don't, and their own wounded citizenry won't respect them if they don't.  So first priority is avenging the dead and giving Gaza a lesson they hopefully don't forget, second is the hostages, third is brokering a peace that actually lasts.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #533 on: November 08, 2023, 09:32:12 AM »
Don't forget the 200+ Israeli hostages that Hamas took.

I'm A-OK with Israel creating a new fault line where Gaza currently stands.  They just had 1400 citizens killed in a very dishonorable way, and 200+ more kidnapped.  Israel is capable of doing it without US assistance.

Israel needs to (NEEDS TO) sate the need for vengeance for all those victims.  The Arab world won't respect them if they don't, and their own wounded citizenry won't respect them if they don't.  So first priority is avenging the dead and giving Gaza a lesson they hopefully don't forget, second is the hostages, third is brokering a peace that actually lasts.
And one that doesn't involve the US or UN bribing people with money to accept.  That never lasts.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #534 on: November 08, 2023, 06:35:08 PM »
2020 had race riots
How about a shooting war with Iran for 2024?

The US has conducted airstrikes on two weapons facilities in Syria that are used by Iran's Revolutionary Guard.

The Pentagon confirmed two F-15 fighter jets were involved in the 'self-defense' mission as tensions are reaching boiling point in the Middle East.

The strike was confirmed hours after reports emerged that Iran-backed Houthi forces had shot down a US MQ-9 Reaper drone off the coast of Yemen.

US conducts airstrikes on Islamic Revolutionary Guard weapons depots in Syria
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12727493/US-conducts-airstrikes-Islamic-Revolutionary-Guard-weapons-depots-Syria.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #535 on: November 08, 2023, 09:36:07 PM »
Various loony Iranian clerics, military officers, and Quds Force members need to start dying mysterious deaths until Iran starts to behave.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #536 on: November 08, 2023, 10:05:07 PM »
Various loony Iranian clerics, military officers, and Quds Force members need to start dying mysterious deaths until Iran starts to behave.

Doubt that would work.  They'd likely just double down on the Death to America nuttery.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #537 on: November 08, 2023, 10:43:06 PM »
Doubt that would work.  They'd likely just double down on the Death to America nuttery.

Depends on the depth of their bench, and the tolerance for such assassinations among our government.
Formerly sumpnz

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #538 on: November 09, 2023, 07:08:15 AM »
Soleimani eating a Hellfire didn't exactly calm them down any.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #539 on: November 09, 2023, 07:44:31 AM »
Soleimani eating a Hellfire didn't exactly calm them down any.

Calmed him down good.

- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #540 on: November 09, 2023, 07:55:14 AM »
Also, if I had to guess, the IRGC would welcome with cheers and celebration the US legitimizing political assassinations as a tool to use against a country you are not at war with.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #541 on: November 09, 2023, 07:55:30 AM »
Calmed him down good.

It took him awhile, but he was finally successful in quitting smoking, too.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #542 on: November 09, 2023, 08:04:14 AM »
Depends on the depth of their bench, and the tolerance for such assassinations among our government.

Whenever one of their leaders gets whacked, another steps up to be a target before the first one's body has reached ambient temperature.  This has gone on for enough years to prove the depth of their bench is not a factor. 
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #543 on: November 09, 2023, 08:07:26 AM »
It took him awhile, but he was finally successful in quitting smoking, too.

He was hot about it at first but he's been cool ever since
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 09:25:21 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #544 on: November 09, 2023, 09:13:26 AM »
Meanwhile outside the Museum of Tolerance
Yeah, love that name.

Videos showed fights between protestors outside the Los Angeles Museum of Tolerance, where actress Gal Gadot organized a screening of footage of the brutal Hamas terror attack atrocities committed during the October 7 invasion of Israel.

The 47-minute footage, provided by the Israeli Defence forces, was aired to a select audience of celebrities and influential personalities in Los Angeles and New York last night.

About 200 people attended the screening, though Gadot was not in attendance, nor were any major Hollywood stars, according to the LA Times. That may have been due to the SAG-AFTRA strike, which only concluded yesterday.

People bearing Israeli flags fighting with pro-Palestinian protestors in the middle of the street can be seen in videos shared on social media, with people punching and kicking one another.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12728725/Shocking-moment-Gal-Gadots-screening-Hamas-terror-attack-film-ends-CHAOS-brawl-breaks-pro-Israel-pro-Palestinian-protestors.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #545 on: November 09, 2023, 10:02:02 AM »
Also, if I had to guess, the IRGC would welcome with cheers and celebration the US legitimizing political assassinations as a tool to use against a country you are not at war with.

Iran has already been attacking American bases with missles already.  Iran arms and trains terrorists to murder Americans.

I'm just suggesting we do these sorts of things right back at them, and much harder... until they stop.

Here's an old story of how such things can work:
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1986-01-07-mn-13892-story.html

And another:
https://allthatsinteresting.com/los-pepes

And if doesn't work, at least it will be entertaining.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 11:13:08 AM by Pb »

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #546 on: November 09, 2023, 10:15:54 AM »
He was hot about it at first but he's been cool ever since

Didn't they hit him with the ginzu blade bomb?
Formerly sumpnz

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #547 on: November 09, 2023, 10:16:58 AM »
Whenever one of their leaders gets whacked, another steps up to be a target before the first one's body has reached ambient temperature.  This has gone on for enough years to prove the depth of their bench is not a factor. 

Eventually you'd run out of competent replacements.
Formerly sumpnz

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #548 on: November 09, 2023, 11:20:07 AM »
Iran has already been attacking American bases with missles already.  Iran arms and trains terrorists to murder Americans.

I'm just suggesting we do these sorts of things right back at them, and much harder... until they stop.

Iran did not directly attack US bases (actually Iraqi bases that had US troops, a real distinction in Iraq) until after we iced Soleimani.  The strikes on Erbil were in direct response to that assassination.

Doing "These sorts of things back at them, and much harder" is literally the battle plan for the GWOT in Afghanistan.  Just be aware of what you are asking for.

Here's an old story of how such things can work:
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1986-01-07-mn-13892-story.html

And if doesn't work, at least it will be entertaining.

On encouraging the US to use the KGB tactics and hoping for entertainment in killing and maiming Jihadis...The nicest response I can come up with is the IDF is taking volunteers.  If you think it's fun, stack up. Gaza has plenty of doors to kick.

on a wider sense, we are not [yet] at war with Iran.  Sure we are going at each other through proxies, as nation states are wont to do, but there's real advantages to the veneer of civility a proxy war gives both sides vs. open hostilities.  We should not be so quick to give that up.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #549 on: November 09, 2023, 11:48:24 AM »
My responses are in red.

Iran did not directly attack US bases (actually Iraqi bases that had US troops, a real distinction in Iraq) until after we iced Soleimani.  The strikes on Erbil were in direct response to that assassination.

True... but Soleimani was killed because he had already been killing Americans.

Doing "These sorts of things back at them, and much harder" is literally the battle plan for the GWOT in Afghanistan.  Just be aware of what you are asking for.

The USA invaded Afghanistan, and tried to set up a friendly government, which failed.  I am talking targeting top-level aholes with death, and not occupying anything, conducting any major military operations or expecting cultural changes in garbage cultures.

On encouraging the US to use the KGB tactics and hoping for entertainment in killing and maiming Jihadis...The nicest response I can come up with is the IDF is taking volunteers.  If you think it's fun, stack up. Gaza has plenty of doors to kick.

The IDF is doing major military operations in Gaza.  That is not what I am advocating.  Plus I am not a secret squirrel.

on a wider sense, we are not [yet] at war with Iran.  Sure we are going at each other through proxies, as nation states are wont to do, but there's real advantages to the veneer of civility a proxy war gives both sides vs. open hostilities.  We should not be so quick to give that up.

Oh, I'm not advocating open hostilities at all!  Quite the contrary!  A nutbag cleric's car blows up... who did it?  Who knows?  Maybe if Iran stops attacking us, top level dirtbags will stop being killed by unknown people.

Maybe I'm wrong, but what we have been doing in the GWOT (massive wars) appears to have worked poorly.
 I would like to the people dying to be those making the murderous decisions, not infantry.  Lawdog had a post about this some years ago, but I have been unable to locate it.