Author Topic: On Those Catholic Kids That "Attacked" the Native Americans  (Read 31663 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: On Those Catholic Kids That "Attacked" the Native Americans
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2019, 03:30:48 PM »
It probably all ends with a whimper.

Our firearms are more likely to be used locally for self preservation in the event of societal breakdown than in defense of the nation, or against tyrannical government.

The government schools have been training the future generations to give up the rights in the 2nd amendment. It will be legislated away with the approval of the majority in due time.

Trump and the Supreme Court have put up some speed bumps but I’m not confident in the coming generations education on the issues.

No reason to confiscate guns from us older folks, we’ll soon be shaking off this mortal coil.

I wouldn't count on it.
You see those kids in that video? They were born on or after 2000. They didn't even blink while being harassed by 2 different groups of minorities, and they still aren't.  There is a lot of anecdotal evidence out there indicating that generation to be one of the most red-pilled generation ever. I'd put the odds that they will be the generation that puts things back right, Gen-X failed, Millenials are a lost cause...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2019, 03:48:47 PM »
I’ve been known to be wrong  :rofl:

Certainly I was wrong about his media appearance on the morning talk show. From all accounts he stood like a rock and spoke truth to the vipers.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2019, 06:04:02 PM »
They pulled Phillip's DD-214. Refrigerator repairman in Nebraska. Even if you let the Vietnam Vet stuff go as a misunderstanding, it's hard to let the " They spit on me when I got back" stuff go since he apparently never left. Well, except to go AWOL.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/01/23/when-is-andrew-gillum-going-to-take-down-this-tweet-honoring-refrigerator-mechanic-nathan-phillips/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2019, 06:21:15 PM »
They pulled Phillip's DD-214. Refrigerator repairman in Nebraska. Even if you let the Vietnam Vet stuff go as a misunderstanding, it's hard to let the " They spit on me when I got back" stuff go since he apparently never left. Well, except to go AWOL.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/01/23/when-is-andrew-gillum-going-to-take-down-this-tweet-honoring-refrigerator-mechanic-nathan-phillips/

It's not at all surprising that a Democratic politician ascribes more honor to someone for being non-white.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2019, 06:30:59 PM »

I saw earlier where Don Shipley had requested his DD214. Glad it came to light.

http://patriotretort.com/private-awol-refrigerator-ranger/

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2019, 06:37:53 PM »
It's not at all surprising that a Democratic politician ascribes more honor to someone for being non-white.

They might as well start handing out Nobel Peace Prizes for being non-white. Oh wait.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2019, 06:57:22 PM »
“agent-orange man bad” lol
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2019, 07:27:50 PM »
Interesting times are coming, between the all pervasive propaganda we’re subjected to and our natural tendency to believe or go along with mass delusions, things are just going to get weirder I’m afraid.

Folks are actually watching the full video and hallucinating that the kid provoked the Natve American.

Who can escape their cognitive biases?

Case in point

More pouncing! Now Guardian writer says conservative media created ‘parallel reality’ about Covington students
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/01/23/more-pouncing-now-guardian-writer-says-conservative-media-created-parallel-reality-about-covington-students/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2019, 07:51:18 PM »

This guy really sounds like he is milking his service and approaching a stolen valor type status. I will say I do find this part maybe plausible, outside the "when I got back". I do believe it is possible that the spitting part happened, but obviously the "when I got back" part has to be false as he demonstrably never went away to get back according to his DD-214.

I was born in a Naval Hospital. Havelock(Cherry Point). My parents experienced an incident when I was very young, maybe 6 months or a year old. This would have been the very end of the actual Marines or any troops being over there. My father was carrying me and encountered "hippies" that cursed him, spit on him and called him a baby killer. My father was never deployed to Vietnam, he spent his entire service and the last few years of the Vietnam War in the US. Maybe they made this up, but I have no reason to believe that or why they would. This would have been just before or after Phillips was according to his DD-214 a Marine.

So yeah I think it might be possible he was harassed for being a Marine, or any service member during that time. Those harassers would of course most likely be the same type of people/from the same part of the political spectrum he seems to identify with and be one of today, so that seems a little strange, but yeah maybe could have happened.

Him claiming to have been in Vietnam obviously false. His getting in the face of the student, inexcusable, he was obviously the aggressor. I don't believe for one second he was trying to defuse anything.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2019, 10:08:25 PM »
This guy really sounds like he is milking his service and approaching a stolen valor type status.

I really hate to call out a particular group of people but having worked on a couple of very impoverished reservations my experience is that there is a local respect given to those who join the military which leads to many of the Indians I encountered in the ER to embellish their Vet status. It is also of note that most who did that in the ER were also highly intoxicated. What does it mean? I don't know. Just some people like to embellish and when it brings added respect or other tangible benefits they are more likely to do it.

bob

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2019, 03:49:12 PM »
They might as well start handing out Nobel Peace Prizes for being non-white. Oh wait.

:laugh:

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2019, 06:13:07 PM »
I caught a bit of him being interviewed by that *can't use impolite adjective* Savannah Guthrie. He's so so slimy I'm surprised he didn't slip out of his chair and, of course, she was fawning over him like a school girl over Justin Bieber.

I do not understand how this keeps going when there is so much video and it all supports the boys story. They're isn't one shred of evidence that Nathan Phillips is anything but lying.  ??? It's like the major news outlets still don't get the internet and what they air on TV isn't the only thing the public sees.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2019, 06:27:36 PM »
Nathan Phillips fawning is mild compared to what's starting now. I expected them to keep quiet about the African Israelites. I didn't expect them to put out practically feel good stories in their defense, but that's apparently what the NYT has done. Poor, misunderstood, mislabeled hate group.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2019, 06:30:09 PM »
Sad part is I saw the story about local boy gone whack from the year 2000 where the Nebraska news caught up with Standing BS at his tepee on the national Mall. So a twenty year professional protestor. Give me a break.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2019, 07:55:15 PM »
There are still new stories still coming out about what hateful aholes the kids are, based solely on the initial 10 second video.  "I don't care about the 2 hour video, I know what I saw" type of stuff.  (the "I know what I saw" is a direct quote, I added the I don't care part for context)  I can't wait for Mr Barnes to start filing libel lawsuits against the NYT, etc.  I'm not sure if that starts tomorrow or Monday...

I don't expect Phillips to be named in the suit as a defendant (I doubt he has any assets) but probably called as a witness and exposed as a lying sack of *expletive deleted*it.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2019, 08:56:54 PM »
The NYTs take on the Hebrew Israelites
Long story short: Their behavior that day was normal for them so nothing to see here, move along.

Hebrew Israelites See Divine Intervention in Lincoln Memorial Confrontation
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/black-hebrew-israelites-covington-catholic.html

Two sections that may be of interest

Dating back more than a century, the theology is difficult to define today because the movement is split into dozens of semiautonomous groups. In general, adherents contend that race does not exist, and so they eschew being referred to as black or categorizing anyone else by race. They group people instead based on what they call nations, believing that there are 12 tribes among God’s chosen people. White people are not among those tribes, they believe, and will therefore be servants when Christ returns to Earth.

And

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks extremist groups, categorized at least 80 groups nationwide that follow Hebrew Israelite theology as hate groups. They account for about a third of the organizations that the center considered black nationalist groups in 2017.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:25:59 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2019, 09:03:43 PM »
Make that three sections

To many black people, Hebrew Israelites are a harmless part of their communities, said Todd Boyd, a professor of race and pop culture at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, one of many cities where the group can be seen working the streets. More alarming to many African Americans, he said, is “seeing a white guy in a ‘Make America Great Again’ hat.”
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2019, 09:17:07 PM »
Long story short: Their behavior that day was normal for them so nothing to see here, move along.

Hebrew Israelites See Divine Intervention in Lincoln Memorial Confrontation
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/black-hebrew-israelites-covington-catholic.html

Two sections that may of interest

And

DASS RIIIIIGHT!!!!

They're a bunch of retards,  I'm going to mock them any time they hit the news.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2019, 09:20:27 PM »

Oh-key then.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2019, 11:50:22 PM »
I like the part where he says they were taunting him with "Build the wall." 'Cuz Native peoples are so desperate to bring in their relatives from the Old Country, I guess? ???

brimic

• friends

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends

Barack Obama

Pb

• friend
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2019, 09:17:33 AM »
Internet lynch mobs are one of the most repulsive things about the USA today.

How did something so stupid make the the national news?  What is wrong with these crazy people who try and ruin the lives of strangers?

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2019, 11:21:24 AM »
Post mortem by The Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/media-must-learn-covington-catholic-story/581035/

You know the left has really changed in this country when you find its denizens glorifying America’s role in the Vietnam War and lionizing the social attitudes of the corporate monolith Procter & Gamble [referring to the Gillette ad].

[Author's admonishment to the New York Times]
You were partly responsible for the election of Trump because you are the most influential newspaper in the country, and you are not fair or impartial. Millions of Americans believe you hate them and that you will casually harm them. Two years ago, they fought back against you, and they won. If Trump wins again, you will once again have played a small but important role in that victory.