Author Topic: Active shooter in CA: hostages, multiple fatalities  (Read 22659 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: Active shooter in CA: hostages, multiple fatalities
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2015, 06:55:49 PM »
Anyone notice the MSM is now calling the firearms used "long guns".  Very seldom are they mentioning semi-autos this time around.  I think we know the new direction of spin.  They will be going after all long arms, not just semi-autos.

They will go after ALL firearms. Period.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2015, 06:57:23 PM »
someone is shooting at the cops, requesting bearcat?

Lenco Bearcat

Ballistic Engineered Armored Response Counter Attack Truck

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenco_BearCat
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2015, 07:00:12 PM »
NBC is now reporting one bad guy is still at large and being chased, and only two have been accounted for. It's still a very fluid situation.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2015, 07:04:16 PM »
If this turns out to be terrorism related, regardless of whether "lone wolves" or if ISIS or other groups take credit, personally I think it will hurt Obama et als cries for gun control.

When it's a whacked out white guy it's a different story, but when the MSM has already been covering potential terror attacks over the holidays, this may actually get some fence sitters thinking about, "This could happen around me. I might want to protect myself". I think more of the general population are able to grok that if it's terrorists, they might not be getting their guns from the local gun store.

Maybe, anyway.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2015, 07:05:52 PM »
Anyone notice the MSM is now calling the firearms used "long guns".  Very seldom are they mentioning semi-autos this time around.  I think we know the new direction of spin.  They will be going after all long arms, not just semi-autos.
I heard the cops say over the radio ar-15.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2015, 07:29:39 PM »
F*ckin' climate change, man...it'll be the death of us.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »
NBC has already started the "not Islamic terrorists" spin despite not knowing a damn thing about the shooters.  No surprise there.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2015, 07:41:32 PM »

It's a gun guy term that the media is just now re-discovering. They just want to use it, to sound like they know of which they speak.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2015, 07:44:19 PM »
So no "derpy" thoughts here. Thank you.

That's a matter of opinion, but okay.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2015, 07:50:03 PM »
That's a matter of opinion, but okay.
Yep. Yours and mine. And opinions are like .......you know the rest.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »
Just heard about it and did a quick search for an aeticle and found a NBC news article. Quickly noticed that there was zero information on the shooters despite at least one dead and another caught and maybe alive but it doesn't really say. If they were white this information would of been plastered all over. Also no information on what was going on where it took place. With the LA FBI assistant director saying "we don't know if this is a terrorist incident." And there was also this I'd statement, "They were armed with long guns, not with handguns."
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2015, 08:08:03 PM »
New links on Drudge blackholed back to Drudge.      Fixed       some Saudi student from LA drunk and blowing.

Saudi tourist freaks out in Aspen...

Spills coke on cabbie, flashes genitals...

'F*cking American!'...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:23:23 PM by txgho1911 »
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2015, 08:16:08 PM »
Multiple bad guys acting in concert screams ISIS/Al Qaeda types.

The target selection makes me think wannabe splinter groups - what kind of political statement does attacking a state social services group make?  Did one of them see a poster and think "a ha!"?   
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2015, 08:16:58 PM »
At least three folks get together, get suited up and go shoot up an extremely soft target filled with a whole bunch of folks, then E&E before the Po-Po gets there and that's not a terrorist incident?

It doesn't matter what the skin tone of the shooters are, I think it meets the definition of "Terrorist Attack".*   It's certainly not "Lone Whackjob" nor "Disgruntled (Ex-)Employee goes Postal" nor "Divorced Dad pushed over the edge by Ex- and Judicial System"  which are the usual causes of mass (>1) shootings.

*- Remember a "Terrorist Attack" is one designed to put the population in Fear (Terror) that it could happen to them.  With the goal being to cow their leaders into political concessions.  

The fact that neither ISIS nor the usual suspects take credit (other then grave dancing) for the attacks lends to the belief that they had nothing to do with it.   I do wonder about the fact that it happen the day after Obama droned on and on about mass shootings only happening in the US.  Perhaps they miscalculated the time difference and where the International date line is.... [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2015, 08:19:11 PM »
Reports unconfirmed on fox that a pipe bomb was found on one dead guy.

Abraham Lincoln

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2015, 08:20:04 PM »
News, including Fox is reporting Middle Eastern names of the shooters, and possibly one was a Qatari citizen.

The target selection makes me think wannabe splinter groups - what kind of political statement does attacking a state social services group make?  Did one of them see a poster and think "a ha!"?  

This is a weird one.  They were prepared to shoot the place up, but there was some kind of confrontation before hand.  Maybe a chance convert to Islam first?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2015, 08:21:42 PM »

The target selection makes me think wannabe splinter groups - what kind of political statement does attacking a state social services group make?  Did one of them see a poster and think "a ha!"?   

If they are foreign-born, likely much social disconnect on their part.  Thus, they attack something that really looks like "SOMETHING" while all other Americans are wondering why on earth would they attack something so picayune and un-emotionally charged.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2015, 08:25:41 PM »
If they are foreign-born, likely much social disconnect on their part.  Thus, they attack something that really looks like "SOMETHING" while all other Americans are wondering why on earth would they attack something so picayune and un-emotionally charged.

Much this.  And if one of them was employed there, they seriously might have had a grudge against the place in addition to having a readily available soft target to carry out SJS.
With them being obviously prepared to shoot the place up....this was planned.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2015, 08:27:12 PM »
Pipe bombs.

http://m.wsbt.com/nationalnews/urgent-san-bernardino-pipe-bombs/36765920

This does not fit the narrative I just heard that some dude got mad at the party, left and got 2'buddies, all dressed up in tac gear, ARs and possible body armor and Return to party for a come to Jesus. BULLSHIT.

Abraham Lincoln

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2015, 08:27:54 PM »
Pipe bombs.

This does not fit the narrative I just heard that some dude got mad at the party, left and got 2'buddies, all dressed up in tac gear, ARs and possible body armor and Return to party for a come to Jesus. BULLSHIT.

SJS. 
JD

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2015, 08:30:53 PM »
SJS.  

Did he have the pipebomb just laying around or did Allah will it for him to pop it out of his ass at the onset of SJS?

Abraham Lincoln

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2015, 08:33:16 PM »
Did he have the pipebomb just laying around or did Allah will it for him to pop it out of his ass at the onset of SJS?

SJS doesn't necessarily happen on the spot.  "moderates" converted to radical Islam at a later age, or while living in modern societies who go jihadi qualify as SJS.
JD

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2015, 08:33:24 PM »
One suspect being reported as Female. Per fox news

Abraham Lincoln

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2015, 08:38:25 PM »
Suspects dead, 1 male one female. Armed w assault rifles and handguns. Reported live fox

One in custody

Abraham Lincoln

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2015, 08:40:55 PM »
So they where ratted out at home...  Followed back to the scene neighborhood.

So they are not as smart or as sharp as I was giving them credit for.
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge