Author Topic: Kim Jong Un is gravely ill ... or he's brain dead ... or he's just fine  (Read 12106 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
CNN is reporting that Kim is "in grave danger" following cardiac surgery:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/20/politics/kim-jong-un-north-korea/index.html

NBC News was reporting that he fell into a coma and is now brain dead ...

https://twitter.com/northindex/status/1252421259234693129

... then retracted the story:

https://twitter.com/Deven_Intel/status/1252423797858201602

... and Fox News reports that he is recovering:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/kim-jong-un-cardiovascular-procedure-north-korea

This is what happens when one relies on Twitter for news about the Hermit Kingdom.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
To paraphrase Mark Twain; while I don't wish Kim Jong Un ill, I would read his obituary with a great deal of satisfaction.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
Who's next in line?  I didn't think he had a clear line os succession set up like his father did.

Would his death and/or incapacitation by his obvious looming heart disease and dibeetus lead to more or less turmoil vis a vis East Asian politics?

Hawkmoon

• friend
Who's next in line? 

Dennis Rodman
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
I did some more research.

Apparrantlly the likely successor is his younger sister.  Who is even more of a cartoon villan thaan he is.

Imagine the Baroness from GI Joe but meaner and less mentally stable.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Apparrantlly the likely successor is his younger sister.  Who is even more of a cartoon villan thaan he is.

I know little about her, but from what I have read, please get better Kim Jong Un. What a twitchy and unstable finger to be hovering over their big red button.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System

Yeah but the Baroness was hot, Kim's sister not so much.   :laugh:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in

Is that the one people were cooing over, because she "threw shade" at Pence at the Olympics, or "side-eyed" him, or whatever stupid internet phrase it was?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Who's next in line?  I didn't think he had a clear line os succession set up like his father did.

Would his death and/or incapacitation by his obvious looming heart disease and dibeetus lead to more or less turmoil vis a vis East Asian politics?

Probably Korean Police Action II
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
He's probably the only person in NK with an OVER weight problem
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Kim Jong Un is gravely ill ... or he's brain dead ... or he's just fine
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 10:17:05 AM »
FWIW, The Guardian doesn't think l'il sister would be accepted as the supreme ruler, because sexism and chauvanism.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/20/kim-yo-jong-the-sister-of-kim-jong-un-fast-becoming-his-alter-ego
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 10:32:33 AM »
Little Kim's sister looks the type to have a coat made of dalmatian puppy skins . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2020, 10:38:42 AM »
Little Kim's sister looks the type to have a coat made of dalmatian puppy skins . . .

I was thinking more along the lines of what certain lampshades were supposedly made from.
I've seen that look in the eyes before
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2020, 05:18:53 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of what certain lampshades were supposedly made from.
I've seen that look in the eyes before
In the same vein, I vaguely remember reading a story about her and an ashtray . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Kim Jong dead? ( merge thread? i didn't see the other )
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 02:48:54 PM »
   just heard this, it wouldn't surprise me - looking for confirmation
https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/25/north-korea-dictator-kim-jong-un-dead-dies-heart-surgery-reports/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:11:25 PM by gunsmith »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
Re: Kim Jong dead?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 02:59:23 PM »
if its true, 2020 just got even more interesting.

please speculate on what this means... war? refugees? a unified Korea?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
Re: Kim Jong dead?
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2020, 03:05:33 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• friend

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2020, 03:24:33 PM »
The rumor mill kicks into overdrive:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8256791/China-sends-medics-North-Korea-amid-claims-Japanese-media-Kim-Jong-vegetative-state.html?ITO=applenews

New rumors are circulating claiming that Kim Jong Un has died -  including a top Hong Kong journalist.

Vice director of HKSTV Hong Kong Satellite Television Shijian Xingzou says that a 'very solid source' has told her Kim Jonh Un has died.

Separately, one Japanese media outlet claims that the North Korean dictator is in a 'vegetative state' after he underwent heart surgery.

China has dispatched a team to North Korea including medical experts to advise on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, according to three people familiar with the situation.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2020, 03:27:24 PM »
Kim Jong Un didn't kill himself

Too soon?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2020, 03:37:25 PM »
Shukan Gendai subsequently detailed how the surgeon in charge of Kim’s operation was not used to dealing with obese patients and was too nervous during the operation, leading to delays that left Kim in a “vegetative state.”

Well, yeah, since if you fail, you're shot by an anti-aircraft gun. Totalitarian chickens coming home to roost.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/kim-jong-un-vegetative-state-china-experts-north-korea

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2020, 04:46:46 PM »
Beat me to it.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2020, 08:54:35 PM »
I do pray for the innocents of North Korea. No matter what happens, they are screwed. At some point we are going to have to be part of the biggest humanitarian response ever. If lil sis gets installed the body count will be impressive as she proves she is in charge.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2020, 10:07:53 PM »
If lil sis gets installed the body count will be impressive as she proves she is in charge.

Our lefties are already thrilled to death that she might be in charge.

Still processing the possibility that North Korea will have its first woman leader before the United States

— Seth Abramson (@🏠) (@SethAbramson) April 25, 2020

I hope she sees this, bro.

— G (@stevensongs) April 26, 2020

North Korea is going to have a Woman leader before the United States of America! Let that sink in!

— Tom D'Angora (@TomDangora) April 25, 2020

Hillary's number one supporter and proud of it! https://t.co/m8euHU1AIH

— Stephen L. Miller (@redsteeze) April 26, 2020

Kim Jong-un’s sister, Kim Yo-jong, is about to become one of the the most Googled people on the planet. She also looks like she's going to completely own Trump in every possible negotiation scenario. . . pic.twitter.com/B8yWviZ0y5

— ᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴀᴠᴀɴᴀ (@arttavana) April 26, 2020

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/04/25/blue-checks-ponder-that-north-korea-might-have-a-female-leader-before-the-united-states-does/