Author Topic: Gun Control Watch  (Read 31353 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Gun Control Watch
« Reply #325 on: September 22, 2023, 02:28:44 PM »
¿Qué? No entiendo. Sólo estoy aquí para disparar las armas que los estadounidenses no disparan.

Bien. Gracias por su ayuda. No podríamos hacerlo sin usted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #326 on: September 22, 2023, 02:33:35 PM »
Press 1 for English
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #327 on: September 22, 2023, 04:16:04 PM »
If she handles Gun Violencetm with the same aplomb she's handled the border, the ATF will be handing out Carl Gustavs by the election.
Now you are just trying to tease us.  I imagine the hard part would be finding a range to let you fire one. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #328 on: September 22, 2023, 06:28:33 PM »
CA magazine ban struck down!   :cool:

Not the end of the litigation, but perhaps, "the end of the beginning."

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-californias-magazine-capacity-limit-ruled-unconstitutional-under-bruen/#

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #329 on: September 22, 2023, 06:30:15 PM »
Press 1 for English

Your Alzheimer's is showing. Around here, it's been 1 for Spanish, 2 for Portuguese, and 3 for English for several years.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #330 on: September 22, 2023, 08:11:35 PM »
Arrests made in the shooting case that supposedly sparked Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham to issued her "Public Heath Emergency" order

Authorities in New Mexico said Thursday that two people were arrested in connection with a shooting outside an Albuquerque baseball stadium earlier this month that left an 11-year-old boy dead and another victim critically injured.

Albuquerque Police Chief Harold Medina said at a news conference that Jose Romero, 22, and Nathen Garley, 21, have been charged in connection with the shooting immediately after the Albuquerque Isotopes game on Sept. 6, which left 11-year-old Froylan Villegas dead and left his cousin, Tatiana Villegas, paralyzed from the waist down.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-arrested-drive-shooting-new-mexico-baseball-stadium-killed-11-year-old-boy-innocent-child

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #331 on: September 23, 2023, 10:54:08 AM »
Your Alzheimer's is showing. Around here, it's been 1 for Spanish, 2 for Portuguese, and 3 for English for several years.
You're lucky you still get English - phone tree setup has been outsourced here, so we only get Engrish.  (see https://engrish.com/)   
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #332 on: October 14, 2023, 09:27:50 PM »
You no good jackasses are holding out on me again. I have to find out from Biden that I can get a gun that fits 100 rounds in the chamber instead of hearing it from you guys? Somebody better post links - I want to buy one this week.

https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2023/10/14/biden-100-rounds-big-gun-speaking-coughing-joe-biden-n2388549

On the serious note - yeah, pretty bad timing on the gun control push.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #333 on: October 15, 2023, 09:47:56 AM »
Firefox translate Spanish to English keeps popping up on this page
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #334 on: October 16, 2023, 08:16:23 PM »
This is my shocked face.

New York lawmakers are looking at requiring consumers to first go through a criminal history background check before they can buy certain 3D printers.

The legislation is designed to crack down on potential misuse of 3D printers capable of manufacturing gun parts. The proposal comes from Democratic Assemblymember Jenifer Rajkumar, who introduced the bill on Friday.

Under the legislation, 3D printer retailers would need to request a background check from New York’s criminal justice services when a customer tries to make a purchase. Criminal justice services would then need to notify the retailer if the customer has received a felony or serious offense that would make them ineligible to possess a firearm.

NY State Bill Would Require Background Checks to Buy 3D Printers
https://www.pcmag.com/news/ny-state-bill-would-require-background-checks-to-buy-3d-printers

NICS Checks For 3D Printers?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o66N68iP16w
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #335 on: October 16, 2023, 08:19:48 PM »
Yes, Creality, The Chinese company known for strictly respecting US and EU Intellectual Property laws and Open Source mandates will definitely comply with NY State law on any shipments heading to the States.

Good thinking there.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #336 on: October 16, 2023, 10:17:17 PM »
Yes, Creality, The Chinese company known for strictly respecting US and EU Intellectual Property laws and Open Source mandates will definitely comply with NY State law on any shipments heading to the States.

Good thinking there.

Quoted for truth.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #337 on: October 17, 2023, 12:05:55 PM »
Breaking News: SCOTUS Vacates Vanderstok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUDVVc9iZIE

SCOTUS vacated the injunction on the ATF's frame and receiver rule.  Apparently no opinion was issued along with it.  The case still proceeds and the 5th Circuit could put in their own injunction.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #338 on: November 01, 2023, 09:41:04 PM »
Illinois's gun registration is going well

According to Illinois State Police data, 2,415,481 gun owners call the Land o’ Lincoln home. Earlier this year, Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed the so-called Protect Illinois Communities Act into law which banned the most many of the most popular guns used for self-defense. Under the law, existing owners of these now verboten firearms must register their guns by January 1, 2024 or face felony charges.

Four weeks into the gun registration window, exactly 2430 of those FOID holders have registered their guns, accessories, or .50 caliber firearms. That works out to .1006%, or about one in a thousand.

What’s even more remarkable is the number of FOID holders choosing to comply has fallen with each passing week.

Granted, not all FOID holders own the guns that are now banned under the law. However, given the popularity of America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15, not to mention semi-auto shotguns, sales numbers suggest that the majority of them have at least one semi-auto rifle or shotgun in their collection. Or perhaps (gasp!) a handgun with a threaded barrel.

We Will Not Comply: Only .1% of Illinois Gun Owners Have Registered Their Newly Banned Guns So Far
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/we-will-not-comply-only-1-of-illinois-gun-owners-have-registered-their-newly-banned-guns-so-far/
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #339 on: November 03, 2023, 11:36:06 PM »

We Will Not Comply: Only .1% of Illinois Gun Owners Have Registered Their Newly Banned Guns So Far
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/we-will-not-comply-only-1-of-illinois-gun-owners-have-registered-their-newly-banned-guns-so-far/

>:D What guns?  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #340 on: November 04, 2023, 10:28:30 AM »
So happy to be out of there! Unfortunately I'm still too close to Mordor on Lake Michigan.

Even though I was out of Illinoy already my FOID card wasn't expired. Some time later I noticed at the gas station that it had broken in half (cheap card), looked at it, it had just expired as well. Good riddance to bad rubbish, in the garbage it went.

At one point after that I also received a letter in the mail, in Indiana, informing me that it was expired. I'm probably on a list there as one of the gun owners without a FOID who didn't register any weapons.

I agree with the trial balloon, observe and adapt concept above. The ratchet only goes left and never stops with these evil petty tyrants.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #341 on: November 04, 2023, 06:50:46 PM »
A couple of stories that came out yesterday afternoon.  I haven't listened to the 7th circuit video yet.

Supreme Court Takes The Bump Stock Case! What's Next
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppOUdBvptHY

BREAKING: Cargill Gets Cert! SCOTUS Will Decide Bump Stocks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXQV2-IIGCE

Breaking!! Seventh Circuit Claims Assault Weapons Bans Are Constitutional
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt_x997U2uk

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #342 on: November 05, 2023, 08:25:43 PM »

Ill-annoy residents: don't forget to register your lightsabers:

https://twitter.com/non_fudd/status/1721231908577718656

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

HankB

• friend
« Reply #343 on: November 05, 2023, 08:52:17 PM »
Ill-annoy residents: don't forget to register your lightsabers:

https://twitter.com/non_fudd/status/1721231908577718656

If it doesn't have a serial number, does that make it a ghost light saber?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #344 on: November 05, 2023, 09:01:35 PM »
Does it need a tax stamp?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #345 on: November 05, 2023, 09:51:40 PM »
 :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #346 on: November 05, 2023, 10:05:21 PM »
I lost my lightsaber in a tragic X-wing accident ...
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #347 on: November 05, 2023, 10:14:33 PM »
Indiana hasn't addressed lightsabers but think I lost mine in the carcass of a Tantuan last winter anyway.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #348 on: November 06, 2023, 06:05:55 AM »
I lost my lightsaber in a tragic X-wing accident ...

Not everyone has Yoda available to pick up their slack.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #349 on: November 06, 2023, 10:10:11 AM »
Don't even think she's going to stop this nonsense

New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s “temporary” public health emergency on gun violence in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County will remain in place for at least another month after she extended her order on Friday, which includes her revised ban on open and concealed carry in parks and playgrounds.

The ban will last until at least December 1st, though it’s quite possible that Grisham will renew the order again at the end of this month, especially since there’s been no real improvement in crime stats in the Albuquerque area.

New Mexico Governor Renews Carry Ban in Parks, Playgrounds
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/11/03/new-mexico-governor-renews-carry-ban-in-parks-playgrounds-n76920
- Calvin and Hobbes