Author Topic: Chicago  (Read 17329 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Chicago
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2023, 09:36:15 PM »
Democrats count the votes in Chicago, so Republican candidates often don't even run for mayor. Some years back, the D's wanted "an investigation" of the GOP for not running a candidate for mayor in Chicago - they were upset that the GOP put ALL their Illinois campaign money into places where they could - and sometimes did - actually win. The D's got the bright idea of making the GOP waste money in rigged Chicago races instead, but they couldn't actually come up with a way to force that.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2023, 09:47:42 AM »
Meanwhile

Shocking moment woman is robbed by rifle-wielding gang on busy Chicago street - before suspects stick up three other people and cops REFUSED to follow them
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12797245/Chicago-robbery-rifle-woman-video-police-suspects.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2023, 10:03:25 AM »
Meanwhile

Shocking moment woman is robbed by rifle-wielding gang on busy Chicago street - before suspects stick up three other people and cops REFUSED to follow them
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12797245/Chicago-robbery-rifle-woman-video-police-suspects.html

The gun guy in me notes:  I watched that video a bunch thinking that maybe the weapon was a PGO shotgun, but I think it was a sidefolder of some type.  You can clearly see when the guy gets out of the car and one hands it there is nothing protruding back from the receiver.  What I took at first watch to be a small mag protruding down from the middle I know think is a folded stock.  I don't actually see a magazine in that admittedly blurry video.

Which begs the question:  what was it really?  I wonder if these robbers just brandished an unloaded, LAW Adapter equipped and folded AR?  Or was it something else?  Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, I'm just curious.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2024, 01:44:29 PM »
Chicago public schools has apparently lost a few laptops and iPads.
Guess how many.
77,000 in one school year.
Yeah...........

The Chicago Sun-Times reported this week that while 3 percent of CPS's "technology assets" went missing in the 2018-19 school year, the figure was 8 percent in 2020-21 and 11 percent in 2021-22. Either students have gotten almost four times more careless, or somebody has found a juicy new revenue stream.

Notice I did not say that students lost 77,000 laptops and iPads, although surely a few careless students really did misplace their equipment. But a couple of things don't add up.

Where there is smoke there is fire

Chicago Public Schools 'Lost' HOW Many Laptops and iPads???
https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2024/01/11/chicago-public-schools-lost-how-many-laptops-and-ipads-n4925382
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2024, 08:51:41 PM »
77,000 in one school year.

Wow, that's almost one for every four students.  Sounds like organized crime.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2024, 08:02:36 AM »
This surprises me not one bit. CPS is notorious for blatant mismanagement incompetence and corruption, just like the city and county government.
My step daughter taught high school in an urban Chicago public school for 5 years. The place is full of people who won’t be fired for not doing their jobs.
What we have here is failure to communicate.