Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 26718 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #550 on: February 02, 2024, 09:19:53 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #551 on: February 15, 2024, 01:24:14 PM »
Heck of a day
First NBC turns on Biden now MSNBC takes Trump's side in this
    "GAME OVER" for Fulton County DA Fani Willis, declares MSNBC legal analyst:

"This is epic. This is monumental. She will be disqualified. This is a huge deal." pic.twitter.com/m70i0wmezF
    — End Wokeness (@EndWokeness) February 15, 2024
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/15/game-over-for-her-msnbc-analyst-says-fani-willis-lied-to-the-court-she-will-be-disqualified-n2392982

Must be snowing somewhere deep

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #552 on: February 15, 2024, 02:02:24 PM »
This aged well

2020. Fani Willis is asked why the people of Fulton County should support her for District Attorney.

"Because they deserve a DA that won't have sex with his employees, because they deserve a DA that won't put money in their own pocket." pic.twitter.com/uo8wD1wnnR
    — MAZE (@mazemoore) February 15, 2024
OMG-LOL! '20 Video of Fani Willis Telling Fulton County Why They Should Elect Her Will HAUNT Her (Watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/15/fani-willis-video-on-why-she-should-be-elected-da-ha-ha-ha-ha-watch-n2392985
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #553 on: February 16, 2024, 07:53:01 AM »
I've watched a few snippets of the Willis trial. She is acting like she's running the courtroom, even admonishing the judge. Refuses to answer questions and just goes off on tangential nonsense. Isn't this what people said Trump should be censured for in his NYC trial?

She needs to be immediately disbarred and all Georgia charges against Trump dropped. If nothing else has made it clear that Trump's Georgia charges are 100% political, it's her actions in her own trial.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fani-willis-raises-eyebrows-with-a-wink-on-the-stand-labels-former-lover-nathan-wade-a-southern-gentleman
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #554 on: February 16, 2024, 09:57:36 AM »
I've watched a few snippets of the Willis trial. She is acting like she's running the courtroom, even admonishing the judge. Refuses to answer questions and just goes off on tangential nonsense. Isn't this what people said Trump should be censured for in his NYC trial?

She needs to be immediately disbarred and all Georgia charges against Trump dropped. If nothing else has made it clear that Trump's Georgia charges are 100% political, it's her actions in her own trial.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fani-willis-raises-eyebrows-with-a-wink-on-the-stand-labels-former-lover-nathan-wade-a-southern-gentleman

Someone noticed she was wearing her dress backwards

LOL! What the Actual EFF?! Think Fani Willis is a Hot Mess? You Ain't Seen NOTHIN' Yet (Check Her Dress)
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/16/fani-willis-had-her-dress-on-backwards-n2393004
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #555 on: February 16, 2024, 11:12:00 AM »
Much truth here:

https://twitter.com/CynicalPublius/status/1758217657600348346

3. Our "elites" are actually the very worst people our society has to offer.

Bingo.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #556 on: February 16, 2024, 11:15:57 AM »
The fact that the judge made little effort to control his courtroom when Willis was testifying makes me think he is going to let her off without any sanctions.  He's just going through the motions to appease her critics.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #557 on: February 16, 2024, 03:48:02 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/16/trump-fraud-trial-judge-engoron-verdict-ny-ag-business-case.html

President Trump is ordered to pay $ 350 million damages in the New York business fraud case.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #558 on: February 16, 2024, 03:51:43 PM »
The goal if they can't get him disqualified and/or put in prison is to bankrupt him
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #559 on: February 16, 2024, 06:04:23 PM »
The Babylon Bee gets it

Judge Orders Trump To Pay Whatever Amount It Takes To Bankrupt Campaign
https://babylonbee.com/news/judge-orders-trump-to-pay-whatever-amount-it-takes-to-bankrupt-campaign
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #560 on: February 16, 2024, 06:34:07 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/16/trump-fraud-trial-judge-engoron-verdict-ny-ag-business-case.html

President Trump is ordered to pay $ 350 million damages in the New York business fraud case.

Golly, that was totally unexpected.  Oh, wait...
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #561 on: February 18, 2024, 09:49:21 AM »
Reportedly some truckers are refusing to take goods into NYC over this
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #562 on: February 18, 2024, 11:00:53 AM »
The Gofundme started to pay President Trump's $ 355 million civil judgement is collecting money: https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-with-trump-raise-the-settlement

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #563 on: February 18, 2024, 02:19:30 PM »
The Gofundme started to pay President Trump's $ 355 million civil judgement is collecting money: https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-with-trump-raise-the-settlement

No doubt the GoFundMe will be cancelled as they often are when benefitting someone notable that is right of center politically.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #564 on: February 18, 2024, 08:14:20 PM »
The Trump hate has gotten to the point where the true believers would happily like to see supporters trucked off to be reeducated... Or put up against a wall, and shot. By the police and military, who will mindlessly obey their orders, because those subpeople didn't even graduate from high school.

Blog under construction

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #565 on: February 18, 2024, 08:19:54 PM »
No doubt the GoFundMe will be cancelled as they often are when benefitting someone notable that is right of center politically.

Up to almost 0.1% of the goal.

I get the sentiment.  But this will be tossed on appeal.  At scotus if not before.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #566 on: February 18, 2024, 08:36:42 PM »
Up to almost 0.1% of the goal.

I get the sentiment.  But this will be tossed on appeal.  At scotus if not before.

Yup. In the end, it likely gets Trump another few hundred thousand votes (or loses the establishment a few hundred thousand votes), and also screws NY, as it's another reason for large corporations to head on over to Florida or wherever, as this ruling set a dangerous precedent. Because once again they have made Trump the poster boy for, "If they can do it to him, they can do it to me".

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #567 on: February 19, 2024, 07:36:48 AM »
So are you suggesting that he was convicted of trumped up charges?
7-11 was a part time job.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #568 on: February 19, 2024, 07:59:24 AM »
The NY Governor is doing damage control regarding the upcoming unintended consequences of the ruling:

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/02/18/nothing-to-worry-about-kathy-hochul-tries-to-reassure-businesses-after-trump-verdict-n2393068

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #569 on: February 19, 2024, 02:27:49 PM »
The Trump hate has gotten to the point where the true believers would happily like to see supporters trucked off to be reeducated... Or put up against a wall, and shot. By the police and military, who will mindlessly obey their orders, because those subpeople didn't even graduate from high school.
I agree if by "subpeople" you mean the true believers, not the Trump supporters. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #570 on: February 19, 2024, 02:32:31 PM »
So are you suggesting that he was convicted of trumped up charges?
That was a joke, right?   =)

I get this case and the rape accusation case confused.  Were Trump lawyers allowed to present evidence in this case?  I think this was the one where the judge ruled an absurdly low value for Trump's Florida mansion and grounds.  I am not sure what other shenanigans were done in this case. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #571 on: February 19, 2024, 02:50:55 PM »
That was a joke, right?   =)

I get this case and the rape accusation case confused.  Were Trump lawyers allowed to present evidence in this case?  I think this was the one where the judge ruled an absurdly low value for Trump's Florida mansion and grounds.  I am not sure what other shenanigans were done in this case.

The thing about this case is that there were no victims of a crime. All the money was paid back with zero issues with the banks. AFAIK, no one that he dealt with complained to LE about him. The DA had to go on a scavenger hunt looking for something.

From what I can see, what they've done here is prosecute him for a crime regarding property valuation that would be similar to when you're doing your tax return and you get to the part about charitable contributions. There's a section where you can claim up to $500 in non-cash contributions (like the stuff you drop at the goodwill) without any detailed paperwork trail or red flags to the IRS. Just get the blank receipt that Goodwill et al gives you, and claim that you donated $499 in stuff, which is what you might think it was worth, even if no one else does.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #572 on: February 19, 2024, 09:45:01 PM »
The progressive left thinks that soldiers and law enforcement are a bunch of idiots who couldn't graduate high school. They think that they mindlessly obey orders, and are just subhuman servants...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #573 on: February 23, 2024, 10:36:30 AM »
Judge in Trump civil fraud case denies request to delay $355 million penalty
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-trump-civil-fraud-case-denies-request-delay-355-million-penalty

Meanwhile

Letitia James 'prepared' to seize Trump's assets if he is unable to pay $354 million fraud fine
https://www.foxnews.com/media/letitia-james-prepared-seize-trumps-assets-unable-pay-354-million-fraud-fine

- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #574 on: February 23, 2024, 11:25:05 AM »
Judge in Trump civil fraud case denies request to delay $355 million penalty
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-trump-civil-fraud-case-denies-request-delay-355-million-penalty

Meanwhile

Letitia James 'prepared' to seize Trump's assets if he is unable to pay $354 million fraud fine
https://www.foxnews.com/media/letitia-james-prepared-seize-trumps-assets-unable-pay-354-million-fraud-fine

You know that Trump will file his appeal, and attempt to put the money for the bond into escrow, and James will say "We never got the paperwork/noticification/whatever, so we're proceeding with the seizure. Oh, and that building he thought was worth $500million?  Yeah, it's really only worth $5mil (because that's what I'll sell it to a crony for in exchange for a kickback).  So we're going to need ALL his properties and then his bank accounts to satisfy the judgement."