Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 38490 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2023, 03:11:33 PM »
Kind of surreal: Bands of Hamas fighters are roaming the streets like street gangs, shooting anyone they see. People are still in their buildings and no cops or IDF visible. Looks like some traffic is even moving.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1710531271481254292
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2023, 03:36:58 PM »
White House Issues Condemnation Of Attack Biden Funded
https://babylonbee.com/news/white-house-issues-condemnation-of-attack-biden-funded

I know it's hard to tell sometimes but that's from the Babylon Bee

I don't think Iran has had enough time to put that recently "unfrozen" 6 billion to work, assuming it's even reached their coffers. But didn't Biden resume some level of foreign aid to the "Palestinians" which had been halted by the previous administration?

*cough* Babylon Bee
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2023, 03:49:27 PM »
Kind of surreal: Bands of Hamas fighters are roaming the streets like street gangs, shooting anyone they see. People are still in their buildings and no cops or IDF visible. Looks like some traffic is even moving.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1710531271481254292

Odds on this emboldening similar actions in the US?  Not necessarily Muslims, just anyone with a grudge about anything?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2023, 03:54:27 PM »
Odds on this emboldening similar actions in the US?  Not necessarily Muslims, just anyone with a grudge about anything?

In lefty cities with very low gun ownership rates that might work.  Anywhere lots of people have deer rifles the “patrols” would suffer heavy casualties.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2023, 03:59:19 PM »
*cough* Babylon Bee
OF COURSE it's the Babylon Bee . . . but I was wondering whether the Bee's satire about Biden funding this attack had an actual element of truth, with the money coming from a different account than the recently unfrozen 6 billion.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2023, 04:02:52 PM »
OF COURSE it's the Babylon Bee . . . but I was wondering whether the Bee's satire about Biden funding this attack had an actual element of truth, with the money coming from a different account than the recently unfrozen 6 billion.

On the 6b matter I doubt it since I don't think there's been enough time for the effects of the money being freed up to filter down but if anyone has any evidence otherwise I would like see it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 04:20:18 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2023, 05:30:28 PM »
On the 6b matter I doubt it since I don't think there's been enough time for the effects of the money being freed up to filter down but if anyone has any evidence otherwise I would like see it.

I don't know the details, but the money being released would have an immediate effect; money is fungible.  The 6B being freed up makes other funds they already have but budgeted for other things available.  And weapons they already have can be used now because there's money to replace them.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2023, 05:45:04 PM »
I don't know the details, but the money being released would have an immediate effect; money is fungible.  The 6B being freed up makes other funds they already have but budgeted for other things available.  And weapons they already have can be used now because there's money to replace them.

Yeah but Hamas wasn't shooting money into Israel, any weapons purchased with the 6b would take time to buy and build then transport. I'm inclined to believe the rockets for example used today where already there or on their way by the time the 6b was released and overall planning for operation probably started months ago.
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2023, 05:59:56 PM »
Yeah but Hamas wasn't shooting money into Israel, any weapons purchased with the 6b would take time to buy and build then transport. I'm inclined to believe the rockets for example used today where already there or on their way by the time the 6b was released and overall planning for operation probably started months ago.

The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) improves the lives of the Palestinian people to set conditions for a viable two-state solution. Between September 2021-2024, USAID will provide over $500 million in programming to support the Palestinian people.
  https://www.usaid.gov/west-bank-and-gaza/our-work#:~:text=The%20United%20States%20Agency%20for,to%20support%20the%20Palestinian%20people.

USAID, cough, cough.

I also see this as an Israeli Intelligence failure, it takes a day or two to amass the rockets and other armament the terrorists are using. This stuff doesn't come in via next day delivery from Amazon.

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2023, 06:08:05 PM »
{quote] . . . Between September 2021-2024, USAID will provide over $500 million in programming to support the Palestinian people . . .
News reports say 5000 rockets were fired into Israel . . . $500,000,000 divided by 5000 means $100,000 per rocket. (That's probably more than these unguided rockets actually cost.) Given how we DON'T watch where our foreign aid is going, it's ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that the Biden administration financed - at least in part - this attack on Israel.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2023, 06:27:33 PM »
  https://www.usaid.gov/west-bank-and-gaza/our-work#:~:text=The%20United%20States%20Agency%20for,to%20support%20the%20Palestinian%20people.

USAID, cough, cough.

Ding Ding Ding

I'm not letting Biden and gang off the hook, far far from it, just saying the released 6b probably hasn't really had a chance to have an effect yet. But I can pretty much guarantee it will..soon.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2023, 06:29:54 PM »
Holy hell. Qatar is in charge of the money. Qatar. We have gotten WAY too chummy with them over the last 20 years.

The Iran-backed Hamas invasion of Israel follows President Biden’s decision just last month to release $6 billion dollars to Iran as part of a prisoner swap. 

While the Biden administration said the funds will be supervised by Qatar and not used for terrorism, Iran’s U.S.-sanctioned President Ebrahim Raisi boasted that the money will be used "wherever we need it."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-funded-terror-proxies-launch-war-israel-surprise-invasion-against-jewish-state
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2023, 06:43:57 PM »
Was attending a "peace festival" when Hamas showed up.
Both her and her BF haven't been seen since.

Shocking moment Israeli student, 25, is kidnapped from desert rave by Hamas militants and separated from her still-missing boyfriend - as her family share footage of her being held in Gaza amid invasion that left the Middle East on the brink of all-out war
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12606047/israeli-student-kidnapped-desert-rave-hamas-family-footage-gaza-missing-boyfriend-invasion-war.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2023, 07:05:54 PM »
Was attending a "peace festival" when Hamas showed up.
Both her and her BF haven't been seen since.

It looked like the vast majority of terrorists were unarmed. I hope the victims are all right, or at least that their death was quick, but Israel needs to step up their armed citizen game. I can't imagine living on that border and not at least always having a pistol and two mags minimum on me, or better yet, a TAR-21.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2023, 07:24:47 PM »

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2023, 07:25:18 PM »
It looked like the vast majority of terrorists were unarmed. I hope the victims are all right, or at least that their death was quick, but Israel needs to step up their armed citizen game. I can't imagine living on that border and not at least always having a pistol and two mags minimum on me, or better yet, a TAR-21.

Israeli gun  laws are kind of strict, especially for a country that is essentially surrounded by countries where the people don't believe in their right to exist. I would expect private firearms ownership and the carrying of them to be much more permissive than it is.

https://honestreporting.com/firearm-licensing-in-israel-gun-laws/#:~:text=Israel's%20Gun%20Laws%3A%20No%20Constitutional%20'Right%20To%20Bear%20Arms'&text=Israel's%20Firearm%20Law%20of%201949,rifles%20are%20wholly%20off%2Dlimits.

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2023, 09:55:05 PM »
I don't think Iran has had enough time to put that recently "unfrozen" 6 billion to work, assuming it's even reached their coffers. But didn't Biden resume some level of foreign aid to the "Palestinians" which had been halted by the previous administration?

Uhm... they don't need that money in hand to put it to work. They know it's coming (it's apparently still in Doha), so that gives them leeway to reallocate and spend $6 billion they DO have in hand.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2023, 10:37:28 PM »
Found the lack of Iron Dome news interesting. Obviously overwhelmed but all the previous flare ups there were all kinds of intercept pics. Israel obviously controlling the info. Iranians get the least bit frisky I hope they get a candygram from the instant sunshine company. We already got aliens, Trump v. Biden and lord knows what else this year, how much worse could it be.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2023, 01:08:53 AM »
Commentary from an IDF veteran:

https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1710618308699922762

ETA: a worthwhile read (aren't they all?) from VDH:

https://twitter.com/VDHanson/status/1710741034320417027
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2023, 07:10:05 AM »
I have to wonder how many of the weapons (and even some funding?) that NATO has sent to Ukraine ended up in Palestinian hands.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2023, 07:35:31 AM »
I have to wonder how many of the weapons (and even some funding?) that NATO has sent to Ukraine ended up in Palestinian hands.
I'm wondering how much of the $90,000,000,000 dollars' worth of weapons Brandon left to the Taliban ended up in Palestinian hands.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2023, 07:40:56 AM »
I'm wondering how much of the $90,000,000,000 dollars' worth of weapons Brandon left to the Taliban ended up in Palestinian hands.

I could be wrong but I think the Taliban really don't give a darn what happens outside of Afghanistan so I would think very little if any unless they sold some to someone else for hard cash but doubtful it would have been to the Iranians. The Taliban and the Iranians absolutely hate each other.

Edit: See my next post before you comment to this
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 07:55:58 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2023, 07:50:59 AM »
I'm only seeing it on the Fox right now, so no confirmation, but their on-scene reporter is saying that hamas was able to capture Israeli tanks and other mil vehicles and drive them back across the border.

Though I'm not sure just a few tanks would better serve them than the asymmetrical warfare they're engaging in now.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2023, 07:55:19 AM »
I could be wrong but I think the Taliban really don't give a darn what happens outside of Afghanistan so I would think very little if any unless they sold some to someone else for hard cash but doubtful it would have been to the Iranians. The Taliban and the Iranians absolutely hate each other.

Of course I could be completely off track. Now considering the source this could be an attempt to embarrass the Biden admin. (which isn't hard)

The Taliban has reportedly asked Iran for passage to Israel to help Hamas continue it’s terror against the Jewish state. https://t.co/i0vWGEk8fP
    — The Jerusalem Post (@Jerusalem_Post) October 7, 2023
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/10/07/report-taliban-asked-iran-for-passage-to-israel-to-help-hamas-terrorists-n2388249
- Calvin and Hobbes