Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 53073 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2023, 08:06:01 AM »
Another tangent: I just got an email from SG Ammo, and they said that in the last few days, ammo orders have quadrupled and are continuing to rise. The email said it was actually overwhelming their warehouse staff. They said they're holding prices for as long as they can, but there is a good chance of low ammo availability and higher prices, not just from them, but everyone.

As happens every time we run into ammo shortages and price increases, I'm glad I recently put in a big order, and wish that it was double what I ordered.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2023, 08:20:46 AM »
I just got a couple cases, but it'll realisitically only hold me to Christmas.  ugh

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2023, 08:30:50 AM »
Before you run to get your wallet it's The Babylon Bee
But someone really needs to start one.

GoFundMe To Send The Squad To Gaza Raises $5 Million
https://babylonbee.com/news/gofundme-to-send-the-squad-to-gaza-raises-5-million

More BB

Palestinian Flag Outside Rashida Tlaib's Office Seen Throwing Pride Flag Off The Roof
https://babylonbee.com/news/palestinian-flag-outside-rashida-tlaibs-office-seen-throwing-pride-flag-off-the-roof

Harvard Student Leaves Lecture On Microaggressions To Attend ‘Kill The Jews’ Rally
https://babylonbee.com/news/harvard-student-leaves-lecture-on-microaggressions-to-attend-kill-the-jews-rally
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2023, 08:34:05 AM »
I just got a couple cases, but it'll realisitically only hold me to Christmas.  ugh

That's about where I am with the amount of shooting I'm doing these days. In fact this last order was, "ammo is cheap right now, so I might as well order extra now". The problem for me is, that the dollar amount of the total looks big, so like this last one was 1000 rounds of 9, 300 rounds of .300 subs, and 300 rounds of the Federal LE 9mm carry ammo, because they had a good sale on that. It was around $700, so I was like, "ok, that's enough for now".

Realistically though, when it's this cheap, what I need to do is just give the UPS guy a hernia and order like $5K of ammo so I have a better stock for price fluctuations, and eventually I'm shooting it all whether I buy it piecemeal or in one big order.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2023, 08:35:06 AM »
Another tangent: I just got an email from SG Ammo, and they said that in the last few days, ammo orders have quadrupled and are continuing to rise. The email said it was actually overwhelming their warehouse staff. They said they're holding prices for as long as they can, but there is a good chance of low ammo availability and higher prices, not just from them, but everyone.

As happens every time we run into ammo shortages and price increases, I'm glad I recently put in a big order, and wish that it was double what I ordered.  :laugh:

I was going to say this is going to give the ammo supply another hit especially 5.56
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2023, 08:35:13 AM »
I'm low on a lot of ammo. But I have ammo for... serious purposes.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2023, 08:39:48 AM »
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/syria-israeli-airstrikes-hit-airports-damascus-aleppo-damaging-103920455

Being reported that the IDF hit the runways of international airports in Damascus and Aleppo.  Syria might have wanted to keep Hezbollah on thier side of the border for this one, and not transshipped all those M4s to Gaza.

To follow up on what I said yesterday, it really looks like the IDF is about to collect some scalps.  More tanks have been staged near the border with Gaza overnight as well.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2023, 08:41:58 AM »
I'm low on a lot of ammo. But I have ammo for... serious purposes.

I've got 2400 or so rounds of M855 that I just keep, and I dunno 1000-1400 or so of 9mm JHP warshots.  This is more if I can't afford range ammo, than I can't really train.  Also Range time is my therapy and I get twitchy if I have to cut round count back.

I am seriously short of .300 BLK though.  Maybe 250 rounds combined supers and subs.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2023, 09:01:32 AM »

I am seriously short of .300 BLK though.  Maybe 250 rounds combined supers and subs.

SG Ammo has (or had) Winchester subs on sale (which was part of my last order). I usually use S&B.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2023, 09:02:30 AM »
Trying to decide which to carry along with my sidearm, an AR15 or my AK47…..lol

An AR in 7.62x39

Or an AK in 5.56
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2023, 02:51:20 PM »
An AR in 7.62x39

I have one of those too

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2023, 02:58:41 PM »
Ammo numbers aren’t where I want them but I have a 600 round can, 6 mags and an AR for each 5 of my kids, 300 rounds of pistol ammo for their handgun of choice.

Wife gets the same and I have a bunch of .300 BO for me.  AR10 ammo is in the works but only sitting at 500 rounds.  Took 4 lbs of CFE223 (@$35 lb) for 500 rounds. $170 for 500 168 gr Hornady BTHP and a little over $100 for used brass.  Thankfully I had a bunch of CCI LRP primers.  I swear it’s a wash between buying bulk .308 service rifle ammo and reloading my own.

Since I’m the “armory” for our family, I’ve been working up bug out kits for each adult child for a while now. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2023, 05:13:03 PM »
Update on the $6b

The U.S. and Qatar have agreed to freeze $6 billion in Iranian assets in the wake of the brutal attack on Israel by terror group Hamas.

The money had been transferred to Iranian accounts in Qatar as part of a controversial US-Iran prisoner swap deal last month, which saw five US detainees released by the Tehran regime.

Iran's access to the money has now been halted as Washington seeks to punish it for its long political and military support of Hamas.
He added: 'None of the funds that have now gone to Qatar have actually been spent or accessed by Iran in any way.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12624251/U-S-Qatar-freeze-6-billion-Iranian-funds-wake-Hamas-attack-Israel-Biden-punishes-Tehran-support-terror-group.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2023, 05:15:52 PM »
A few bits of information not in the general MSM (including Fox) news stream.

https://youtu.be/tHYDbbR7tYs

I have to now question some of the reports of atrocities from the initial Hamas attack as there seems to be some walking back. I have no doubt atrocities occurred, but there may be some Israeli PSYOPS in play here, which would make me start adjusting my stance on them, as I have with Ukraine in that debacle.

Just to be clear, I still think Hamas are the bad guys, but as I mentioned earlier, Israel is not pure, and how dirty they are or not may be in flux here.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2023, 05:19:58 PM »
"By deception thou shalt do war"
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2023, 06:45:20 PM »
A few bits of information not in the general MSM (including Fox) news stream.

Can you please tell me what the video says?  I do not have sound.

Thank you.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2023, 06:49:43 PM »

Thank you.

It's too dense to summarize.  A transcript is available here: https://www.buzzsprout.com/868255/13766374-the-wire-october-12-2023  HTH
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2023, 07:02:52 PM »

Thank you.

Everything you've read in here plus

"Despite many claims of atrocities being walked back as no evidence surfaces, truth is no longer able to stop this war from escalating."

And

"Based on the public rhetoric of IDF officials, and Israel’s military actions so far, there is zero chance of proportional response. The lines are beginning to blur between what Israel considers to be HAMAS, and the Palestinian population. Based on IDF officials’ statements so far, it is highly likely that Israel intends to totally eradicate every Palestinian from Gaza. Talks are allegedly already underway with Egypt (and other nations) to take in the survivors/refugees that remain."

I would like to see examples of the "many claims of atrocities being walked back" and concrete info to back up the underlined.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 07:41:07 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2023, 07:29:44 PM »
A UK newspaper will publish images of babies Israel says were killed by Hamas militants in the coming hours.

The Daily Telegraph posted the front page to its account on X, formerly known as Twitter, on Thursday night. It said the images, first shared by Israel's account on the site, would be published inside its Friday morning edition.

The images, shared by the @Israel account on X, are extremely graphic and the BBC is not showing them.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67073970?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=652870dbfd63b979e1acd3d9%26UK%20paper%20to%20share%20images%20of%20Israeli%20babies%20killed%262023-10-12T22%3A53%3A22.623Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:4c5edcfd-8bc3-4720-ba75-0436718f4c05&pinned_post_asset_id=652870dbfd63b979e1acd3d9&pinned_post_type=share
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #195 on: October 12, 2023, 07:52:41 PM »
Okay, the "walk back" is coming from CNN

Update: Israel cannot confirm the specific claim that babies were beheaded in Hamas' attack, an official says, contradicting previous public statement https://t.co/H4kaS1LiX9
    — CNN International (@cnni) October 12, 2023

So I guess this is what is prompting the release of the photos, Another one of CNN's famous "officials"

CNN: Official says Israel cannot confirm that babies were beheaded in Hamas attack
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/10/12/cnn-official-says-israel-cannot-confirm-that-babies-were-beheaded-in-hamas-attack-n2388473
- Calvin and Hobbes

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2023, 08:16:04 PM »
Meanwhile in London

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12625075/Shocking-moment-woman-says-Palestine-tears-posters-children-kidnapped-Hamas-terrorists-woman-filmed-encounter-says-Jewish-people-Britain-scared-forced-hide-religion-public.html

Jews haven’t that much more welcome in (formerly) Great Britain vs the rest of Europe for most of the last 200 years.  The Brit’s haven’t outright murdered Jews, but they’ve appeased others in their efforts to do so.  Outside of a few Muslim enclaves the USA has kinda/mostly avoided widespread antisemitism. 
Formerly sumpnz

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #197 on: October 13, 2023, 09:49:02 AM »
Israel was warned by Egypt of potential violence three days before Hamas' deadly cross-border raid, a US congressional panel chairman has said.

House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee head Michael McCaul told reporters of the alleged warning.

An Egyptian intelligence official told the Associated Press news agency this week that Cairo had repeatedly warned the Israelis "something big" was being planned from Gaza.

"We have warned them an explosion of the situation is coming, and very soon, and it would be big. But they underestimated such warnings," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The Cairo official said Israeli officials had played down the threat from Gaza, instead focusing on the West Bank.

Egypt warned Israel days before Hamas struck, US committee chairman says
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67082047
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #198 on: October 13, 2023, 02:18:01 PM »
I was going to say this is going to give the ammo supply another hit especially 5.56

Thankfully, that is one caliber I don't use.  =D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #199 on: October 13, 2023, 04:25:55 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes