Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 52982 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2023, 06:46:33 PM »
Biden going to Israel. What the heck is he going to do?

Fall on some plane steps?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #276 on: October 17, 2023, 06:52:17 PM »
Disrupt the hell out of an area getting ready for war.  The security protecting him is likely to FUBAR whichever area he visits.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #277 on: October 17, 2023, 06:56:50 PM »
Got it, thanks.  So the quote came from this article: https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/juniper-cobra-begins-with-us-and-idf-troops-simulating-missile-attacks-544598

It looks to me like the snippet in the tweet wasn't an actual quote, it was an interpretation by the author that to me reads as a response to a question about US tolerance for casualties.Not sure that Clark's actual statement was particularly noteworthy.  The author's editorial description of it was certainly going to fire up people with certain political and religious persuasions.
Well I guess we'll know if the to word comes down about possibly deployments to Israel above and beyond the Navy who are already being involved.

Austin "placed approximately 2,000 personnel and a range of units on a heightened state of readiness through a prepare-to-deploy order," Pentagon spokeswoman Sabrina Singh said in the emailed statement.

The order is just the latest in a series of deployments and posture adjustments, including the movement of two carrier strike groups and a Marine expeditionary unit to the region, that have been announced by the Pentagon in recent days to bolster support of Israel as it wages war against Hamas, a Palestinian group that rules the Gaza Strip and launched a terrorist attack earlier this month.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2023/10/17/pentagon-orders-2000-troops-prepare-deploy-israel-war-prompts-growing-us-military-presence.html
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #278 on: October 17, 2023, 10:23:35 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

JN01

• friend
« Reply #279 on: October 17, 2023, 11:46:47 PM »
Fall on some plane steps?

While babbling incoherently.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #280 on: October 18, 2023, 12:35:42 AM »

trip on the stairs.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #281 on: October 18, 2023, 05:18:14 AM »

Knowing Democrats he’s going to announce a historic funding bill for HAMAS
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #282 on: October 18, 2023, 07:26:34 AM »
OOPSIE!

At least 3 students who signed the "Israel is the root of all evil and is totally responsible for all of the death and destruction" letters at Harvard and Colombia has had job offers at prestigious law firms rescinded.

Other corporate leaders are also speaking out, saying they will not hire anyone who has signed those letters.

Good.

BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT... MAH FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS!

Actions have consequences, bitches.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/3-law-students-from-harvard-and-columbia-lost-job-offers-over-student-organizations-statements-on-the-israel-hamas-war/ar-AA1ioByA?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=60e38c344d17422ca2477ac744f343dd&ei=6
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #283 on: October 18, 2023, 08:47:38 AM »
trip on the stairs.

And Trippy is his name-O
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2023, 08:53:43 AM »
OOPSIE!

At least 3 students who signed the "Israel is the root of all evil and is totally responsible for all of the death and destruction" letters at Harvard and Colombia has had job offers at prestigious law firms rescinded.

Other corporate leaders are also speaking out, saying they will not hire anyone who has signed those letters.

Good.

BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT... MAH FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS!

Actions have consequences, bitches.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/3-law-students-from-harvard-and-columbia-lost-job-offers-over-student-organizations-statements-on-the-israel-hamas-war/ar-AA1ioByA?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=60e38c344d17422ca2477ac744f343dd&ei=6

The kids apparently failed to realize that the large law firms on the East Coast, especially New York, have enormous numbers of Jewish clients who may not appreciate the activism of the new associate on their case.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2023, 09:22:15 AM »
Won't convince everyone but if true whoops

n an audio clip procured by Israeli military intelligence, two alleged Hamas terrorists can be heard discussing the explosion and confirming the rocket came from Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) - an independent jihadist group.

'They are saying (the rocket) belongs to Palestinian Islamic Jihad. It's from us?' one alleged Hamas member asks in the clip provided by Israel's military intelligence.

'It looks like it,' the other responded. 'It misfired and fell on them... God bless - couldn't it have found another place to explode?'

The alleged recording came after Israeli officials released a video of the moment a rocket purportedly streaking towards Israel from Gaza appears to suffer a problem and suddenly changes course before flaming out.

In the darkness, it is not clear whether the rocket broke apart or simply lost its trajectory. 

But moments later, a pair of explosions erupt in the city below - the result of what Israel claims was the rocket falling back to Earth and striking the al-Ahli Hospital in Gaza City.

Israel releases 'audio of Hamas operatives discussing failed rocket launch' and video showing missile exploding in the sky moments before blast killed hundreds at Gaza hospital
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12643229/Israel-blast-Gaza-hospital-Palestine-video-rocket-misfire.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2023, 09:37:29 AM »
Hamas and similar groups have a LONG and "proud" history of using hospitals, schools, and other non-combatant facilities as shields for combat operations, and then screaming and crying and finger pointing when something does actually happen.

Do I know that was the case here? No.

Do I suspect it to have been the case? Yes.

Would Israel have been, by the rules of war, allowed to strike the hospital if they knew for a fact it was being used for military operations? Yes.

Once again, though, I have a REALLY hard time ginning up much pity at all.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2023, 09:41:23 AM »
I can't remember where I read it yesterday, but apparently one of the reasons the hospital incident was so devastating was because the hospital was being used as a hamas munitions dump, and the stored munitions contributed to the damage.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2023, 10:18:32 AM »
I can't remember where I read it yesterday, but apparently one of the reasons the hospital incident was so devastating was because the hospital was being used as a hamas munitions dump, and the stored munitions contributed to the damage.

And that, by the rules of war, makes it a legitimate military target.

Even though it was a legitimate target, I sincerely doubt that Israel targeted the facility. While I don't believe everything that Israel claims, I believe absolutely NOTHING that Hamas claims.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #289 on: October 18, 2023, 10:25:46 AM »
While I don't believe everything that Israel claims, I believe absolutely NOTHING that Hamas claims.
If you look at the reporting there is a definite presumption of veracity from Hamas' claims and a presumption of falsehood to everything Israel claims.

I'm certain Israel will lie in service of propaganda, but the idea that Hamas is trustworthy has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in a while.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #290 on: October 18, 2023, 10:26:42 AM »
It would be interesting to see proof of that.  However, it fits with past actions.  They have used ambulances and red cross vehicles to do attacks before.  Once of the previous wars they complained that Israel hit a civilian building, then Israel put out video showing artillery or rockets firing from the top of it. (may have been Hezbollah)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #291 on: October 18, 2023, 10:47:09 AM »
Some video here seems to show the hospital intact, and most of the damage confined to the hospital grounds, with only minimal building damage. Much of this was apparently Al Jazeera reporting, which kinda puts our conclusion-jumping MSM to shame.

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2023/10/18/twitter-account-embarrasses-journalists-by-performing-actual-journalism-with-hospital-bombing-n2388679
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #292 on: October 18, 2023, 11:05:42 AM »
Free Palestine? No thanks! (The Israeli perspective you’ve probably never heard.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNf40sBcvKk

This appeared on my feed.  Talks a bit (among other things) about the history of the area prior to 1947 and perhaps just after.  Fits with what I have heard/read before.  I am sure you could call it a biased source. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #293 on: October 18, 2023, 11:23:53 AM »
Meanwhile at the NYT
And the picture isn't even of the hospital

https://twitter.com/JerylBier/status/1714619599017157072/photo/2

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #294 on: October 18, 2023, 11:36:05 AM »
"You furnish the pictures, I'll provide the war!"
-William Randolph Hearst, 1897
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #295 on: October 18, 2023, 11:44:20 AM »
Some video here seems to show the hospital intact, and most of the damage confined to the hospital grounds, with only minimal building damage. Much of this was apparently Al Jazeera reporting, which kinda puts our conclusion-jumping MSM to shame.

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2023/10/18/twitter-account-embarrasses-journalists-by-performing-actual-journalism-with-hospital-bombing-n2388679

Yep, the hospital is intact with only superficial damage.

Al Jazeera can often be, not always mind you, surprisingly neutral in their reporting.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #296 on: October 18, 2023, 11:50:48 AM »
So... where did the "hundreds of dead" come from, then?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2023, 12:03:55 PM »
So... where did the "hundreds of dead" come from, then?

The source should be your first clue, not that I trust Israeli sources 100%
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2023, 12:29:40 PM »
More

If this wasn't doctored in some way they were firing rockets right over the hospital

Israeli TV station reveals new livestream footage claiming to be proof rocket fired from Gaza malfunctioned mid-air moments before devastating explosion at hospital that killed hundreds
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12645519/Israeli-TV-station-reveals-new-livestream-footage-claiming-proof-rocket-fired-Gaza-malfunctioned-mid-air-moments-devastating-explosion-hospital-killed-hundreds.html
- Calvin and Hobbes