Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 53017 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #625 on: November 17, 2023, 07:36:31 AM »
Oh, I thought they were going to arrest the sidewalk, since he just fell down and all.

WE NEED TO BAN ASSAULT SIDEWALKS!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #626 on: November 17, 2023, 07:39:14 AM »
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

The west will lose the coming war with Radical Islam because it no longer has the balls to actually fight the kind of war that will be required.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #627 on: November 17, 2023, 07:52:32 AM »
Hey, stop exaggerating you Jew lovers! The whole building was NOT surrounded, you liars. Only the access points in and out of the building were blocked.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/11/16/journalist-says-the-dnc-building-wasnt-completely-surrounded-by-protesters-n2389891

We cannot hate liberal journalists enough.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #628 on: November 17, 2023, 07:55:46 AM »
Nothing to see here

A pro-Palestinian group posted a picture of multiple locations around New York City it alleges are associated with the "genocide" in Gaza.

The group, Within Our Lifetime, posted the map which was later deleted, with a headline of "From Palestine to NYC. Globalize the Intifada," according to the New York Post. The map stated that the locations were considered zones "of direct action."

"Each of the sites on this map is tied to the ongoing genocide in Gaza and the settler-colonization of Palestine. They reflect a network of dispossession, policing, prisons, surveillance, counterinsurgency, war, destruction, imperialism and militarization across the globe, with the mass media complex which manufactures consent for genocide acting as tools of the oppressor. These sites are also multi-purpose assets for some of the system's most powerful perpetrators of violence. May this map serve as a call for every struggle to act in their own interest. As we do so, we uplift one another's struggles and free Palestine from the river to the sea," the map reads.

Among the locations on the map are NBC News Studios, Fox Corp., where Fox News and the New York Post are located, New York Times, Defense Logistics Agency, Meta, and more.

Pro-Palestinian group posts NYC map of locations 'tied' to 'Genocide' in Gaza: 'Globalize the Intifada'
https://www.foxnews.com/us/pro-palestinian-group-posts-nyc-map-locations-tied-genocide-gaza-globalize-intifada
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #629 on: November 17, 2023, 08:20:18 AM »
Someone pointed out to those calling for a cease fire that there was a cease fire, on Oct 6th
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #630 on: November 17, 2023, 09:50:52 AM »
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

The west will lose the coming war with Radical Islam because it no longer has the balls to actually fight the kind of war that will be required.

I believe I've said something similar on this board before.  Western Civilization at times seems hell bent on capitulating to Islam and aiding in its own destruction.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #631 on: November 17, 2023, 02:34:44 PM »
    The Bin Laden Letter Is Being Weaponized by the Far-Right https://t.co/gXm0kefigP
    — WIRED Gadget Lab (@gadgetlab) November 17, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/11/17/republicans-are-weaponizing-bin-laden-letter-n2389916

- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #632 on: November 17, 2023, 03:57:31 PM »
The breadth and depth of the Islamic propaganda machine is nothing short of amazing. I have a friend (more of a friendly acquaintance -- he's my age, but the actual friend was his late mother) who is of mixed parentage -- his father was Unitarian and his mother was Jewish). I just received an e-mail from him. It wasn't sent to me -- it was an e-mail blast, sent to everyone on his author e-mail contact list.

He bemoans the "genocide" being carried out by the "evil" Israelis, but not a word about the brutal Hamas attack that started this latest dustup.

He's a nice guy, but I definitely can't talk politics with him. He and I are at opposite ends of the political spectrum.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #633 on: November 17, 2023, 05:07:39 PM »
The breadth and depth of the Islamic propaganda machine is nothing short of amazing. I have a friend (more of a friendly acquaintance -- he's my age, but the actual friend was his late mother) who is of mixed parentage -- his father was Unitarian and his mother was Jewish). I just received an e-mail from him. It wasn't sent to me -- it was an e-mail blast, sent to everyone on his author e-mail contact list.

He bemoans the "genocide" being carried out by the "evil" Israelis, but not a word about the brutal Hamas attack that started this latest dustup.

He's a nice guy, but I definitely can't talk politics with him. He and I are at opposite ends of the political spectrum.

This touches close enough to a question I've had for the last month or more.  Is your friend Jewish?  Or does he identify as whatever his father was (I assume some European lineage)?  For that matter, what race is his mother?

What race is a "Jew?"  I see on the Wikipedia page that they divide themselves into 3 racial tribes... one based out of the Spanish Iberian peninsula, one based out of Central Europe, and one based out of the Arabian Peninsula.  The social structure of Judaism in the world is collectively referred to as a Diaspora.  It's awful hard to maintain a "race" as a diaspora.  You're going to intermarry with outsiders.  You're going to lose adherents.  You're going to gain converts.

Every Jewish person I've ever met, from Arizona to Minnesota to Washington, has been white.  Some Polish, some German, some English, some Russian... they vary a lot.  It seems that once you convert to Judaism you are officially a Jew according to Israel, and are eligible for citizenship.  For a religious group claiming to be the direct descendants of the various Tribes that followed Moses out of Egypt, they sure have a lot of European names and German/Caucasian/Anglo blood.

You look at pictures of Israeli citizens and they look like Europeans.  Some of the men wear severe black/white clothing and have funny hats and curly hair, but it's a European under all that.  They don't look like a Lebanese or Egyptian or Haothi or Bedhuin. 

Someone posted something elsewhere (FB) that kind of resonated with me.  That the entire nation of Israel is like a giant LARP for religious nuts.  It makes at least superficial sense: say a few words, learn some secret language and handshakes and become a member of the Sacred "In" Club.  I don't say this with a derogatory intent towards Judaism as a faith, I say it to demand a comparison of what exactly is a "Jew" versus a Scottsman, Irishman, Spaniard, Italian, or Pole?  Take any of those ethnicities and have the person convert to Judaism and he's now a "Jew."  When a person converts to Unitarianism or Catholicism or Buddhism he's not race-swapped or race-associated.

I've got no interest one way or another in the Israel/Palestine issue other than I'm nominally on the side of Israel due to them having a more Western and rational dogma behind their social structure.  Not enough to want Americans over there to fight for Israel.  My general synopsis of the situation is the League of Nations made an empty promise regarding the nation of Israel; the UN carried that empty promise forward with a lot of assumed guilt after WWII, but ultimately that "Israel" is about as silly a nation as Iraq and Turkey and Jordan and the rest; lines drawn by Europeans who are thousands of miles away from the people actually living there and that the lines don't reflect the reality of the cultures present.  It's a mistake made 4 generations past that everyone needs to let go of and move on; Israel exists now and the way to "get rid of it" if the Palestinians really want to is to buy it back out from under the Israelis.  The amount of money spent on terrorism so far by Palestinians and their supporters could have bought a significant chunk of Israel instead.  And also advanced Gaza's humanitarian condition.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #634 on: November 17, 2023, 11:03:40 PM »
There are quite a few non-white and non-European Jews in the world.  One interesting source of information is the wiki on the History of the Jews in Africa.  Some of those various tribes go back many hundreds of years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Africa
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #635 on: November 18, 2023, 12:26:26 AM »
This touches close enough to a question I've had for the last month or more.  Is your friend Jewish?  Or does he identify as whatever his father was (I assume some European lineage)?  For that matter, what race is his mother?

His parents were both white. Both were of European ancestry, but I don't know from what country or countries.

My friend does not identify as Jewish. He identifies as agnostic.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #636 on: November 18, 2023, 07:41:58 AM »
I know two Ethiopian-heritage Jews who are practicing.

They are definitely NOT Caucasian.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #637 on: November 18, 2023, 10:48:39 AM »
    Due to First Amendment-related events, customers are encouraged to allow extra time to get to Washington Union Station to board their train.
    — Amtrak Northeast (@AmtrakNECAlerts) November 17, 2023
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/11/18/amtrak-warns-of-delays-due-to-1st-amendment-related-events-the-new-fiery-but-mostly-peaceful-n2389930

Shouldn't that be Mostly First Amendment-related events

- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #638 on: November 18, 2023, 02:29:48 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #639 on: November 18, 2023, 04:40:15 PM »
Osama Bin Laden Given Honorary Posthumous Doctorate From Columbia
https://babylonbee.com/news/osama-bin-laden-given-honorary-posthumous-doctorate-from-columbia

I was debating with myself on whether or not to tell you that's from the Babylon Bee or let you find out on your own.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #640 on: November 18, 2023, 05:40:15 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #641 on: November 18, 2023, 05:41:37 PM »
And another

'I'm On The Right Side Of History,' Thinks College Student In Front Of Dorm Posters Of Stalin, Hitler, Osama Bin Laden
https://babylonbee.com/news/im-on-the-right-side-of-history-thinks-college-student-in-front-of-dorm-posters-of-stalin-hitler-osama-bin-laden
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #642 on: November 18, 2023, 07:39:13 PM »
Not the Babylon Bee:

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/11/18/coffee-chain-in-jordan-introduces-a-new-holocaust-coffee-n2389957

Like many, I don't want to see the US get knotted up in this, but man, you can't help but root for the Israelis.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #643 on: November 18, 2023, 07:47:30 PM »
I'm not convinced the Jews are running the USA and I'm not convinced the USA isn't running Israel, our land based aircraft carrier of the Middle East.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #644 on: November 18, 2023, 09:58:18 PM »
Interesting analysis at PJ Media on the recent conflagration.

https://pjmedia.com/richard-fernandez/2023/11/16/belmont-club-the-amorite-iniquity-effect-n4923962

I will not be happy if the US gets flooded with Palestinian refugees.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #645 on: November 19, 2023, 12:26:38 AM »

I will not be happy if the US gets flooded with Palestinian refugees.

Bet they'd be 90% military age age males.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #646 on: November 19, 2023, 12:59:11 AM »
Current seismic technology readily available from the oil field will allow identification (and then destruction) of these tunnels. Wireless Seismic METIS (Multiphysics Exploration Technology Integrated System) uses a seismic recording channel collected by autonomous drones. These drones also drop DART (Downfall Air Receiver Technology) receivers, i.e., geophones. The DARTs are dropped by the drone and impale themselves into the ground creating a system of geophones to model the subsurface data. This system was thoroughly evaluated in Papua New Guinea in 2018.

https://realclearwire.com/articles/2023/11/16/a_seismic_victory_in_gaza_mapping_the_tunnels_of_the_gaza_metro_993093.html
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #647 on: November 19, 2023, 07:25:49 AM »
The twitter link was taken down but the article is still up.

BREAKING: Israeli police investigation reveals that Israeli military helicopters may have been responsible for killing Israelis at the music rave.

Also, Israeli intelligence assesses that Hamas did not know in advance about the Nova festival https://t.co/IGVwSMWYHU
    — Trita Parsi (@tparsi) November 18, 2023

It's getting slammed pretty good.

'Breaking': Investigation Shows Israeli Helicopters Killed Israelis at Music Festival
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/11/18/breaking-investigation-shows-israeli-helicopters-killed-israelis-at-music-festival-n2389962
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 07:44:28 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #648 on: November 19, 2023, 07:39:44 AM »
New fad, women including LGBTs converting to Islam
You want to tell them, not that they would listen anyway, or let them find out on their own?

Millennial and Gen-Z women say they've been inspired to convert to Islam by the Israel-Hamas war - and are sharing their religious awakenings on TikTok.

Recent converts say the conflict, which began with the murder of 1,200 Israelis on October 7, become a driving factor for their decision to join the Muslim faith.

Experts suggested for many, the choice is the 'ultimate rebellion against the West'.

Among those sharing their journey is a self-described 'leftist queer gremlin' named Alex, who recently purchased a copy of the Quran - even though most interpretations of Islam take a dim view of LGBT relationships.

Alex, who has begun covering her hair with a hijab in line with Islamic teachings on modesty, says she began attending pro-Palestine marches after the October 7 terror attacks and the retaliatory strikes on Gaza.

Millennials and Gen-Z women are sharing their conversion to Islam in wake of Israel-Hamas war, with 'leftist queer gremlin' from Boston among those TikToking her journey
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12766887/Millennials-Gen-Z-women-convert-ISLAM-Israel-Hamas.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #649 on: November 19, 2023, 08:15:04 AM »
Right after I posted the above I remembered your post

Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard: Helicopter Pilots Were Given Stand Down Order For Six Hours During Attack.

Nothing is as it seems in spy vs spy world. I wish the USA wasn't involved in any of this garbage over there. There is no compelling national interest in any of our foreign adventures going on currently. I won't even speculate as to what is really going on and will leave it at I don't know and if you think you have a handle on it you're sadly mistaken.

https://rumble.com/v3svwei-jonathan-pollard-helicopter-pilots-were-given-stand-down-order.html

Now we got people calming Israeli helicopters were the ones who killed most of music fest goers.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 08:40:52 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes